ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2014 Missouri Tigers Football Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280230)

Mosbonian 06-28-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10720948)
One of my good friends is a Kentucky fan and yes they've sucked balls in football for years but I think Stoops can do for them what Franklin did for Vandy. Kentucky will never compete for the east even with those recruits but I think he can make them a bowl team that will trip us up every now and then like KU used to do.

If your friend is a Wildcat fan, then I am sure he has probably told you that there are already rumors that if he can't produce this year, then he may not be long for this place.

UK fans don't have that much faith in Stoops yet and are very impatient. I could actually see them asking Rich Brooks to come back and coach for them just like K-State did with Snyder.

Sorter 06-28-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake5676 (Post 10717438)
Well, part of the reason I posted that was probably because I didn't really think his decision was a surprise since a lot of the more reputable "rumors" were saying he was likely leaving Columbia.

And on one hand, I completely agree with your take. It does make a huge difference and it'd be just completely awesome if we could seal the borders and keep every single piece of in-state talent. Truth is though, there are VERY FEW schools that keep every top 5 kid from their state every single year on a consistent basis. And for someone like Ofodile, who's lived in Columbia his entire life and has never really shown himself to be a unwavering Mizzou fan with a lifelong dream of playing for his hometown school. That being said, I think it's a mistake on his part to go to Oregon and that his pro potential would likely be helped more by playing in our offense.

Hopefully we land Beckner, land another receiver from one of the southeast states who we have offers out to, and lock down one of the better classes we've ever had.

ROFL.

Henson is using the exact same concepts that they use at Oregon.

Mizzou is the Oregon of the midwest.

salame 06-29-2014 01:38 AM

mati mak

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-29-2014 05:34 PM

So, it's understandable when the Davis twins go to Nebraska because their uncle played there (and it's in a different ****ing state) but "Oh well" when Ofodile, who lives in the mother****ing town, whose dad played there, and whose dad coaches the ****ing Rock Bridge team, goes to Oregon.

Stop settling.

WhawhaWhat 06-29-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10723121)
So, it's understandable when the Davis twins go to Nebraska because their uncle played there (and it's in a different ****ing state) but "Oh well" when Ofodile, who lives in the mother****ing town, whose dad played there, and whose dad coaches the ****ing Rock Bridge team, goes to Oregon.

Stop settling.

The Davis twins recruiter also went to Blue Springs High School so Mizzou had that against them as well.

Pepe Silvia 06-29-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Stop settling.

Don't bother these homers can't get it in that skull. If it's not positive they're not hearing it.

Mosbonian 06-30-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Stop settling.

I don't get the "if we don't close the borders we fail" mentality.....

As far as Ofodile......I think we put too much emphasis on "legacy" players, you know the kids of former MU stars coming to their parent alma mater. Most don't want to live in the shadows of their parents legacy mainly due to the pressure to live up to it. Or they just want to escape the town...it's not like many of them move back here after graduation, right?

Now...if you want to talk to me about losing good players who REALLY wanted to play here but we snubbed them, I am all ears. That situation pisses me off more than losing some kid who never really showed any interest in coming to MU.

Mosbonian 06-30-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10723137)
Don't bother these homers can't get it in that skull. If it's not positive they're not hearing it.

Me a homer? You have a better chance at being Bart Starr or Brett Favre than I do being a homer.

Pepe Silvia 06-30-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10724073)
Me a homer? You have a better chance at being Bart Starr or Brett Favre than I do being a homer.

Good news.

Mosbonian 06-30-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Stop settling.

So here's the real question....did Ofodile every really express any desire to come to MU? All I have heard was 2nd hand information that he wanted out of town and MU was never really into the game.

duncan_idaho 06-30-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Stop settling.

I'm not "oh well" or understanding on either situation.

I have been resigned to Ofodile leaving for quite a while. That writing has been on the wall for a few months.

The Davis twins hurt. Talented, big kids that I hope Andy Hill is still dug in on. They were huge early favorites to Mizzou but we didn't get them locked up early enough and the Nebraska offer swayed them.

Pepe Silvia 06-30-2014 01:36 PM

I've mentioned before that the Davis brothers went to Blue Springs, they are no longer a friend to the program. Their coach is a KU guy, we will never get a Blue Springs kid as long as he's there, never ever.

Mosbonian 06-30-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10724097)
I'm not "oh well" or understanding on either situation.

I have been resigned to Ofodile leaving for quite a while. That writing has been on the wall for a few months.

The Davis twins hurt. Talented, big kids that I hope Andy Hill is still dug in on. They were huge early favorites to Mizzou but we didn't get them locked up early enough and the Nebraska offer swayed them.

The Davis twins are ones that I can get irritated about......that should be one that we should get.

Regardless of whether or not the coach is a former KU grad, we should have dug in hard....it's losing kids like that I get irritated over.

I guess I don't lose as much sleep for the kids who don't really want to come here at all.

Pepe Silvia 06-30-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10724134)
The Davis twins are ones that I can get irritated about......that should be one that we should get.

Regardless of whether or not the coach is a former KU grad, we should have dug in hard....it's losing kids like that I get irritated over.

I guess I don't lose as much sleep for the kids who don't really want to come here at all.

KU fans will go to the depths of hell to **** over Mizzou, and they always succeed.

duncan_idaho 06-30-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10724147)
KU fans will go to the depths of hell to **** over Mizzou, and they always succeed.

It's especially irritating because if there's one thing Mizzou should be able to sell to recruits, it's that the Tigers' staff will prepare them to be NFL linemen.

Sheldon Richardson, Aldon Smith, Kony Ealy, Ziggy Hood, CJ Mosely, Aatiyah Ellison, with Markus Golden and Shane Ray waiting in the wings.

Even less-recruited guys like Michael Sam, Stryker Sulak, and Domonique Hamilton have gotten looks in the NFL after working with Coach Kul.