ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

Mother****erJones 10-15-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11016856)
Nobody is good in the Crucible. All anybody does is shotgun melee because every other weapon has a RIDICULOUSLY slow time to kill.

I use the surous auto. It's pretty good at a distance.

jiveturkey 10-16-2014 06:54 AM

I'm also a Suro's guy. If they get close I engage Titan sprint and shoulder charge them. I'm terrible with a shotgun and don't even keep them in my inventory. I have a lot of respect for the people that slide into me and blast my face off. That's a great move.

Now I wouldn't say that I'm good in the Crucible but when I'm not focused on bounties I can hold my own. Sometimes I dominate, other times I'm in the bottom half.

Playing Skirmish with 2 other friends is a blast that results in embarrassing defeat for the poor bastards on the other team. Last night I went 15-2 and one of my teammates went 11-1. That's a quick way to knock out the 3 wins bounty and load up on Crucible marks.

jiveturkey 10-16-2014 06:58 AM

I've tried the raid on hard a couple of times now, what a pain in the ass.

I can get through regular with just a death or two in the important parts. I'm dying at the cliff jump and usually on the way down to the Gorgons a couple of times just because of poorly timed jet spurts. Even with this level of awesomeness I can't get past the Templar on hard. With one more piece of raid gear (gauntlets) I can hit 30 and I believe that the difficulty will easy up a bit. On regular I'm taking down most things with one shot from my hand cannon. I really want to beat this damn thing.

dtforever 10-16-2014 11:51 PM

Hey all, I have been playing this game for several weeks now (Level 27 Hunter). I am looking for some other PS4 guys to hook up with for raids and such. Hit me up with a friend request. All my friends suck and don't play video games. I feel like I am missing out on much more that this game has to offer.

PSN = dtforever32

CanadianChief 10-17-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtforever (Post 11023150)
Hey all, I have been playing this game for several weeks now (Level 27 Hunter). I am looking for some other PS4 guys to hook up with for raids and such. Hit me up with a friend request. All my friends suck and don't play video games. I feel like I am missing out on much more that this game has to offer.

PSN = dtforever32

I'll add you later today. My PSN name is thexfactor82.

I've got two other buddies that I play with regularly on a fireteam. We are all level 28 (two Warlocks and one Hunter). We would still need two other guys. I haven't tried the raid before so it would be nice to have someone who has done it so it doesn't take us forever to complete.

jiveturkey 10-17-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 11023435)

I've got two other buddies that I play with regularly on a fireteam. We are all level 28 (two Warlocks and one Hunter). We would still need two other guys. I haven't tried the raid before so it would be nice to have someone who has done it so it doesn't take us forever to complete.

I might be able to help. I've done it a handful of times and I'm usually on with at least 1 or 3 others. Just keep an eye on the roster when you're ready to roll some time.

PSN - hnosaj2 (we're already buddies).

jiveturkey 10-17-2014 09:56 AM

Raid advice #1 - max out any void weapons you have to help take out Minotaurs/Praetorians. A maxed out Legendary or Exotic hand cannon is ideal for pretty much everything else. Some people prefer auto riffles, either works.

dtforever 10-17-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 11023435)

Cool. I have actually done the Raid once, but it was with some guy who random friended me. We got to the end but couldn't finish and everyone bailed. I am looking for a group that I can play on a regular basis with.

dtforever 10-17-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11023635)
I might be able to help. I've done it a handful of times and I'm usually on with at least 1 or 3 others. Just keep an eye on the roster when you're ready to roll some time.

Mind if I add you?

jiveturkey 10-17-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtforever (Post 11023731)
Mind if I add you?

Please do.

CanadianChief 10-17-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11023635)

Will do. Thanks.

CanadianChief 10-17-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11023655)
Raid advice #1 - max out any void weapons you have to help take out Minotaurs/Praetorians. A maxed out Legendary or Exotic hand cannon is ideal for pretty much everything else. Some people prefer auto riffles, either works.

Just bought The Truth today. Can't wait to use this bad boy.

jiveturkey 10-17-2014 04:31 PM

One of my friends just told me he hasn't raided this week so we're looking at doing one later this evening. I believe that the current team is just 3 so we'll have room for rookies. I have dinner plans so maybe 9 or 10.

If you're interested shoot me a PM or a message through PSN. I get them on my phone.

And I want that launcher. I have a legendary and exotic but both do solar damage. I just need one more strange coin before calamari face leaves.

CanadianChief 10-17-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11024357)
One of my friends just told me he hasn't raided this week so we're looking at doing one later this evening. I believe that the current team is just 3 so we'll have room for rookies. I have dinner plans so maybe 9 or 10.

If you're interested shoot me a PM or a message through PSN. I get them on my phone.

And I want that launcher. I have a legendary and exotic but both do solar damage. I just need one more strange coin before calamari face leaves.

Crap I missed the raid tonight. Damn Jets vs Preds game!!! Let me know if you guys are going again either tomorrow night or Sunday night. I'm usually good after 8pm CST.

Quesadilla Joe 10-18-2014 02:47 AM

The Atheon glitch is getting patched in the next update. They are also completely randomizing who gets teleported during the Atheon fight so everyone in the group has to know how to do every role.