ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

Fire Me Boy! 06-04-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8658258)
Yeah, but then you get book 5 dany, who will make you pine for book 1 dany.

Oh come on! Spoiler tags, god dammit.

KC_Connection 06-04-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8659260)
I admit Jon Snow's part kinda bored me. But I didn't get the fight at the end at all. What was going on?

Qhorin was giving his life to get Jon Snow accepted in with the wildlings group (so that the Night's Watch would have somebody on the inside). He told him about it in episode 8.

keg in kc 06-04-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8659318)
Oh come on! Spoiler tags, god dammit.

Spoiler!

NewChief 06-05-2012 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Los Pollos Hermanos (Post 8659054)
It's no wonder you didn't like season 2. You clearly didn't pay attention.

No shit.

Bambi 06-05-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8659321)
Qhorin was giving his life to get Jon Snow accepted in with the wildlings group (so that the Night's Watch would have somebody on the inside). He told him about it in episode 8.

OK, so the big camp they were walking into at the end was the Wildlings and had nothing to do with the White Walkers correct?

I kept thinking those groups were one in the same.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-05-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Los Pollos Hermanos (Post 8659054)
It's no wonder you didn't like season 2. You clearly didn't pay attention.

Does he ever?

Bambi 06-05-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8659595)
Does he ever?

god your act is tired. Just gtfo already and stop stalking me

Pasta Little Brioni 06-05-2012 07:07 AM

Quit shitting in threads then if you don't want to hear the truth. Trollol or dumbass, you choose?

Bambi 06-05-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8659630)
Quit shitting in threads then if you don't want to here the truth. Trollol or dumbass, you choose?

I'm not sure. I can't here you.

LMAO

Hawk 06-05-2012 07:24 AM

Jon killed his fellow NW man Quorin Halfhand at Quorin's direction so that Quorin would not be tortured and killed for information and Jon would be accepted as a turncloak and could join the wildlings to get info. Quorin's last words to Jon were part of their NW vows reminding Jon that he is still for the NW but is just pretending to join the wildlings.

Remember that the wildling king, Mance Rayder, used to be with the NW, so it is not that uncommon for NW men to decide to live free with the wildlings. They don't make it real clear in the show, but Quorin Halfhand is supposedly the best swordsman and ranger in all the NW, so Jon killing him in a swordfight just gained him a lot of respect from the wildlings. Quorin probably let him win. In the book, Ghost is there to help Jon and bites Quorin's leg to distract him so Jon can kill him.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-05-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8659639)
I'm not sure. I can't here you.

LMAO

Herpty Derp

Swanman 06-05-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8659144)
I am not a hater. I have stated many times that I loved Season 1 and because it was so good I think I set my expectations too high for Season 2.

That has to do with the books. Game of Thrones had a lot of holy shit in it. Clash of Kings (this season) was a lot of setup with a few big things happening, like the King's Landing battle. Storm of Swords, which will hopefully be Seasons 3 and 4, is nonstop holy shit from beginning to end. The real challenge will be adapting Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons (books 4 and 5) because those books are mostly setup with some excitement here and there. The final books have yet to be written but hopefully will both be like Storm of Swords.

NewChief 06-05-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8659592)
OK, so the big camp they were walking into at the end was the Wildlings and had nothing to do with the White Walkers correct?

I kept thinking those groups were one in the same.

You probably need to read some episode summaries or rewatch.

The wildlings are humans (mainly) who live beyond the wall. Osha (the wildling woman who is with Bran) is an example. They're sort of an anarchic bunch who prefer to live free than to submit themselves to the South.

Mance Raydar, The King Beyond the Wall, has united the Wildlings under his leadership at this point. I think it's implied, but I'll put in in spoilers

Spoiler!

BigRichard 06-05-2012 08:57 AM

Can someone please explain what happened at Winterfell? I was a little lost. Theon's men knocked him out and drug him away. They had 500 Northmen just outside the walls so did they turn him in for freedom or did they escape through the tunnels? Why was Winterfell burned to the ground? That part confused me. Maybe I am not supposed to know until next season.

Bambi 06-05-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8659787)
You probably need to read some episode summaries or rewatch.

The wildlings are humans (mainly) who live beyond the wall. Osha (the wildling woman who is with Bran) is an example. They're sort of an anarchic bunch who prefer to live free than to submit themselves to the South.

Mance Raydar, The King Beyond the Wall, has united the Wildlings under his leadership at this point. I think it's implied, but I'll put in in spoilers

Spoiler!

OK I get this. But in the first episode in season 1, first scene even...weren't those White Walkers that killed the dudes on horses?

I don't remember them being CGI like they were on Sunday. Thats whats confusing me I guess. It was clearly a human actor.