ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Ebolapox 12-01-2012 12:22 PM

oh my god. this isn't a joke, is it? oh...my....god.

In58men 12-01-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9167469)
JFC, I had a friend kill another friend in front of me accidentally with a gun. I had another friend kill himself over a girl in front of me.

I worked in an ER/ICU for 9 years taking care of failed suicides and saw the pain that the family had to endure.

So would you please STFU and quit flipping shit and hurling personal insults.

Prayers sent

ChiefsCountry 12-01-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167476)
I understand the monetary issue but there is ZERO competitive balance issue the Chiefs are 1-9 and the Panthers are 3-8 and are out of the playoffs.

Strength of schedule for other teams come in play.

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9167477)
Its at Practice Facility other than the entrance its easily blocked off for game day.

It not even an issue for later today.

A police spokesman said they would be wrapped up in a few hours and that the Sports Complex would be reopened.

That was about three hours ago.

bevischief 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9167457)
I feel similarly but since I have nothing good to say about this situation I'm just going to keep my trap shut for the day.

I agree I am not going to repeat what I said to my wife when she called to tell me about this but she knows I have a sick sense of humor to began with. Prayers to the family whatever is the story.

Frazod 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

What a wonderful thing to wake up to. ****. :shake:

Canofbier 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167465)
Doesn't that end once they are deceased?

Wasn't sure, so I looked it up:

Quote:

7. Do Privacy Rights Survive Death?

Yes. Under HIPAA, a patient's privacy rights survive death and last forever. We are not sure how much sense that makes, but that is what the rule provides. A deceased patient's legally authorized executor or administrator, or a person who is otherwise legally authorized to act on the behalf of the deceased patient or patient's estate, can exercise the privacy rights of a patient.

It is important to know that disclosures for treatment do not require consent or authorization of the patient or the patient's representative. That means, for example, if information about the deceased patient is relevant to the care of the surviving spouse, the information can be disclosed to the health care provider for the surviving spouse.

Privacy for the dead can be especially messy when questions arise in the period after death and before anyone is formally authorized to act for the patient or the patient's estate. For many individuals, there may be no formal legal process following death. These questions are often best resolved with more attention to common sense and less attention to legal formalities. A doctor is more likely to know the best thing to do, and a lawyer is more likely to get in the way. The authority in the HIPAA rule that permits disclosure of information to a patient's caregiver may also help resolve problems during that period.
It could be that there are exceptions in the case of crimes of this nature. I'm not sure that Deadspin is the proper outlet to do so, if that is the case. Either way, it's interesting information to get.

Ceej 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

Wow. Unreal.

Can't fathom this quite yet.

RIP JB.

Cephalic Trauma 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

"... [chiefs] are dealing with a full-fledged fan rebellion.

Things have been so bad this season that Crennel fired himself as defensive coordinator. The Twitter account for a fan group known as "Save Our Chiefs" recently surpassed 80,000 followers, about 17,000 more than the announced crowd at a recent game."

-ESPN

Why is that at the end of the article? It seems a little out of touch.

zigbazah 12-01-2012 12:26 PM

Fox News ‏@FoxNews
Chiefs Jovan Belcher thanked GM, head coach for all they had done before committing suicide in front of them http://fxn.ws/XbQRVA

Canofbier 12-01-2012 12:26 PM

Another interesting anecdote:

Quote:

I lived a few doors down the hall from Jovan in college my freshman year. I remember when I was moving my stuff in from another dorm, I bumped into him in the stairwell door. It's an often used cliche, but he literally filled the entire doorway. He offered to help without me even asking.

From all my personal interactions, Jovan was very soft-spoken and kind but also prone to violent outbursts. If I recall, he punched through a basement floor window that had mesh-wire in it after a fight with his then girlfriend.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 12:27 PM

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

From 5-year-old Boston Globe story on Jovan Belcher: His major at University of Maine was Child Development and Family Relations.

splatbass 12-01-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167482)
and i did. yet you felt necessary to quote my post 35 mins afterward for your smart retort. congratulations, more internet points for you.

You aren't a very nice person, huh? That is the best thing I can say.

lcarus 12-01-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167383)
worst season ever? worst season ever.

Yeah I'd say so. I was so expecting a pretty good season in July/August. Sucks.

Rasputin 12-01-2012 12:27 PM

:shake: :(