ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Saul Good 10-07-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Bong (Post 10059054)
Yep, they have lost all their playmakers.

They still have Murray. That said, Franklin has been every bit as good as Murray so far.

kepp 10-07-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10059050)
I think this could be the year Kansas wins a conference game. I think a bowl is now pretty much out of the question, but TCU, WVU, Texas, KSU, and Iowa State are awful football teams. I think you win at least one, maybe two.

I think they have a real shot at WVU....maaaaaaaybe ISU

Saul Good 10-07-2013 10:05 AM

How in the hell is Oklahoma State ranked, btw? They lost to a garbage WVU team and barely eked one out against KSU after Sams turned it over five times in the last 20 minutes.

kepp 10-07-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10059169)
How in the hell is Oklahoma State ranked, btw? They lost to a garbage WVU team and barely eked one out against KSU after Sams turned it over five times in the last 20 minutes.

It seems that during the first half of the season, pollsters have a hard time admitting their mistakes. I takes a lot for those initial top-15-or-so teams to fall out.

Saul Good 10-07-2013 12:26 PM

http://outkickthecoverage.com/starti...al-edition.php

Saul Good 10-07-2013 12:34 PM

People said the Big 12 got tougher when TCU and WVU replaced aTm and Mizzou. I can only assume they meant tougher to watch. Mizzou and aTm are both ranked with combined records of 9-1 with the lone loss coming to Alabama. Meanwhile, WVU and TCU still need a win in order to have enough wins to be bowl eligible if you combine their wins. Halfway through the season they are 5-6 (3-6 against teams outside the FCS). Too bad Louisville wasn't good enough to make the cut.

Pitt Gorilla 10-07-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10059710)
People said the Big 12 got tougher when TCU and WVU replaced aTm and Mizzou. I can only assume they meant tougher to watch. Mizzou and aTm are both ranked with combined records of 9-1 with the lone loss coming to Alabama. Meanwhile, WVU and TCU still need a win in order to have enough wins to be bowl eligible if you combine their wins. Halfway through the season they are 5-6 (3-6 against teams outside the FCS). Too bad Louisville wasn't good enough to make the cut.

Was anyone actually dumb enough (or short-sighted enough) to think that TCU and WVU were better than A&M and Mizzou? The Big 12 was scrambling and this was the best they could do in a short amount of time.

Bambi 10-07-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10059050)
I think this could be the year Kansas wins a conference game. I think a bowl is now pretty much out of the question, but TCU, WVU, Texas, KSU, and Iowa State are awful football teams. I think you win at least one, maybe two.

Kansas is funny.

It's incredible that they can be leading 10-0 at the end of the first quarter and still manage to give up 50.

Say what you want about the play calling but the team obviously is capable of better than what the final score ended up on Saturday.

Bambi 10-07-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10059184)
It seems that during the first half of the season, pollsters have a hard time admitting their mistakes. I takes a lot for those initial top-15-or-so teams to fall out.

Pre season polls should just be abolished. Start the poll in week 3 and you've got real rankings to work with.

Pitt Gorilla 10-07-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10059888)
Pre season polls should just be abolished. Start the poll in week 3 and you've got real rankings to work with.

That would make a lot of sense. I might even suggest week 5.

duncan_idaho 10-07-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10059832)
Was anyone actually dumb enough (or short-sighted enough) to think that TCU and WVU were better than A&M and Mizzou? The Big 12 was scrambling and this was the best they could do in a short amount of time.

Who was that senile guy they got to run the conference for a few months? He sure seemed certain they had upgraded...

Prison Bitch 10-07-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10059184)

Okie Lite is #23 in Sagarin.

Prison Bitch 10-07-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10059832)

You obviously forgot how pedestrian ATM was the past 15 years before Johnny Football came along. Mizzou is Mizzou, irrelevant. I'm not certain WVU & TCU are going to win the League very often but historically they're fine programs. TCU is #22 in Sagarin.

Saul Good 10-07-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10059977)
Who was that senile guy they got to run the conference for a few months? He sure seemed certain they had upgraded...

I saw him at the American Royal this weekend. He was wandering around outside Kemper Arena muttering something about the Big 12 tournament starting any minute now.

Saul Good 10-07-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10059992)
You obviously forgot how pedestrian ATM was the past 15 years before Johnny Football came along. Mizzou is Mizzou, irrelevant. I'm not certain WVU & TCU are going to win the League very often but historically they're fine programs. TCU is #22 in Sagarin.

TCU is 2-3 with one win coming over an FCS school and the other over a 1-4 team from the AAC (whose only win was against an FCS school). That Sagarin has them ranked shows just how worthless his rankings are.

The teams they have beaten are winless against FBS teams, and they (TCU) didn't get a single vote in either poll this week, last week, or the week before. But if Sagarin says it, it must be gospel.