ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Bambi 07-31-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8780769)
If the SEC included that requirement in negotiations, the Big 12 WILL do it.

Or they tried, were denied...and signed it anyway.

Bambi 07-31-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8780779)
Deals don't get done on "making someone happy" terms. If the deal says the CCG is required it will be required. If it doesn't say that a CCG is required then one isn't required. It either is or isn't, and yes the B12 will expand if it is required considering the stakes.

As far as I know the deal is signed. The SEC has good football teams but they obviously don't have that kind of pull. Otherwise they would have made it a requirement.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8780656)
Better go tell ESPN and FOX. I don't think they got your memo.

Texa$$$$$$$ silly

tredadda 07-31-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8780635)
Why would FOX, ESPN, the SEC, etc all give the Big 12 so much money if it had any shitty football teams? Your statement makes no sense.

I assume you're talking about Kansas being that they had a couple really down years.

But we'e seen the potential Kansas has when it comes to football. There's no reason to believe what has once been achieved cannot come again.

For other schools, like say Missouri, you can say that because they've never accomplished anything the same level as say a KU.

So maybe you might want to chill until you guys actually show us something. You only come off as delusional.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL everything in that post is epic fail. You outdid yourself this time. Brilliant.

Bambi 07-31-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8781151)
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL everything in that post is epic fail. You outdid yourself this time. Brilliant.

I'd be bitter if my team was 0-3 in the BCS as well. But lets move on, there's football coming.

RustShack 07-31-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8780760)
UT is proxy voting for TT, and OU, who will always go along with UT, is proxy voting for OSU. UT has 4 votes.

Why would UT want ND in their conference when the B12 champion is guaranteed a spot at the table? I don't think the money is worth it to them. All the rumblings about how the conference is best left at 10 comes from UT. It's a much easier path to the playoff, which is all that matters now.

Now, if the Champions Bowl really does require the B12 to have a CCG all that will change. How much truthiness is there to that requirement by the SEC? I haven't really seen anything that would pass the Wickedson smell test, but that's the only scenario where I see any more teams coming to the league.

I'm sorry that you don't agree with the way things are?

And yes, its been reported the Big12 needs to get a championship game soon for this Bowl. I think they might let it slide a few years though.

Frazod 07-31-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781435)
I'd be bitter if my team was 0-3 in the BCS as well. But lets move on, there's football coming.

History awaits!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dVoIRqnlcH...rowd.LMJ-2.jpg

(I assume this is before halftime - after that, it really gets empty)

RustShack 07-31-2012 08:18 PM

I don't remember what the vote was, but I remember reading this year that there was a vote for something. Texas had one vote, the other nine voted for the other option. Sooo what you're saying doesn't hold much water... its just a bs conspiracy theory .

tredadda 07-31-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781435)

Yeah because my response spoke of bitterness. :spock:

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8781470)
History awaits!

History is um.......here?

http://media.columbiamissourian.com/..._w600_h600.jpg

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8781503)
Yeah because my response spoke of bitterness. :spock:

Everything I posted was 100% true. You called it a fail. Sounds pretty bitter if you ask me.

I'll pull for you though. Winning in the BCS feels ****ing great. I want all of you guys to experience it at some point.

Frazod 07-31-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781652)

Really? Your retort is a shot from a crappy bowl game dumped on us by Bevo in Louisiana the day after Christmas?

Damn. LMAO

Captain Obvious 07-31-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8781470)
History awaits!

Heh...most of them are K-State fans.

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8781671)
Really? Your retort is a shot from a crappy bowl game dumped on us by Bevo in Louisiana the day after Christmas?

Damn. LMAO

When all your bowl games are crappy I can't blame people for not showing up.

Dr. Gigglepants 07-31-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8781671)

Damn. LMAO

No shit. Big 12 bowls suck in general. 10-2 in 2010 = Insight Bowl

tredadda 07-31-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781660)
Everything I posted was 100% true. You called it a fail. Sounds pretty bitter if you ask me.

I'll pull for you though. Winning in the BCS feels ****ing great. I want all of you guys to experience it at some point.

You can't be serious. Nothing you posted is true.

Frazod 07-31-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781696)
When all your bowl games are crappy I can't blame people for not showing up.

Well, some schools mastered chugging Bevo's cock, and some refused.

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8781698)
No shit. Big 12 bowls suck in general. 10-2 in 2010 = Insight Bowl

Bowls don't generally pick generic teams that don't have a national following.

The goal is to make money after all.

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8781709)
Well, some schools mastered chugging Bevo's cock, and some refused.

So Texas is the reason why dozens of your fans made the trip to support your team?

No wonder your coach drinks.

tredadda 07-31-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781711)

KU football has a national following? :eek: You are on a roll tonight.

Saul Good 07-31-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8781716)

The bowls were really pulling for KU to become eligible so they could get a team with a national following. Tough break.

Frazod 07-31-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781713)
So Texas is the reason why dozens of your fans made the trip to support your team?

No wonder your coach drinks.

It was a crappy bowl, dumped on us out of spite. A nice parting shot.

But again, you're trying to change the subject. Couldn't find an empty shot of Faurot, I guess. Darn.

BTW, how'd your bowl last year turn out? I can't recall.

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8781716)

When did I say that?

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8781721)

But again, you're trying to change the subject. Couldn't find an empty shot of Faurot, I guess. Darn.

KU's? They destroyed a Big 10 team in the Insight Bowl. I recall it well.

I believe MU was embarrassed when they were there a few years ago.

tredadda 07-31-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8781721)

He wouldn't know. He was too busy boycotting KU football in protest of Gill. That and focusing on KU basketball and reaming of the day KU becomes a football power once again.

Dr. Gigglepants 07-31-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781711)

Texas A&M has a national following? Good, more people that saw them get their ass handed to them at home by us that year, only to get picked for the Cotton Bowl over us.

tredadda 07-31-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781722)
When did I say that?

Post #4498. You love to brag about how KU went to the Orange Bowl, so based off of that post one can only assume KU was selected because of their national following.

Saul Good 07-31-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781723)

KU destroyed a Big 10 team in the Insight Bowl last year? I musta missed that.

Frazod 07-31-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8781726)
Texas A&M has a national following? Good, more people that saw them get their ass handed to them at home by us that year, only to get picked for the Cotton Bowl over us.

What a shame those days are over. I'll really miss them. :crybaby:

Dr. Gigglepants 07-31-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781723)

Keep hanging on to those memories from 4 seasons ago, it'll probably be a while before KU is back to one.

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8781731)
Post #4498. You love to brag about how KU went to the Orange Bowl, so based off of that post one can only assume KU was selected because of their national following.

Well, I mean compared to MU of course KU has more of a national following.

But no, compared to the heavyweights of CFB KU does not have a national following.

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8781732)
KU destroyed a Big 10 team in the Insight Bowl last year? I musta missed that.

oh, misread that one. KU wasn't in a bowl last year. They were too busy going to another Final Four. (small school, limited resources)

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8781735)
Keep hanging on to those memories from 4 seasons ago, it'll probably be a while before KU is back to one.

Nah, it won't be too long.

tredadda 07-31-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781737)
Well, I mean compared to MU of course KU has more of a national following.

But no, compared to the heavyweights of CFB KU does not have a national following.

:LOL: Stop, just stop. You are making yourself look even more ridiculous than normal right now.

Frazod 07-31-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8781735)

Perhaps they should worry more about winning a single conference game. How long has it been since that happened?

Baby steps.

tredadda 07-31-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781739)
oh, misread that one. KU wasn't in a bowl last year. They were too busy going to another Final Four. (small school, limited resources)

Way to deflect. So if and that is a big if KU goes to a bowl game does that mean they are not focused on a Final Four?

Dr. Gigglepants 07-31-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8781745)
Perhaps they should worry more about winning a single conference game. How long has it been since that happened?

Baby steps.

At least they'll have their celebration choreographed for that joyous occasion.

tredadda 07-31-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781743)
Nah, it won't be too long.

Keep pinning your hopes on the failure that is Weis.

Frazod 07-31-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8781748)
At least they'll have their celebration choreographed for that joyous occasion.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/ima...2009/09/ku.jpg

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8781744)
:LOL: Stop, just stop. You are making yourself look even more ridiculous than normal right now.

Well I guess they could have picked MU to go to the Orange Bowl instead. So I'm not sure how to make it more clear to you.

Al Bundy 07-31-2012 09:53 PM

Wickedson is in deep.. one lucky buyout (Which is the key game that got the BCS destroyed) and that was it for football.

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8781747)
Way to deflect. So if and that is a big if KU goes to a bowl game does that mean they are not focused on a Final Four?

No they can do both at once. But those are really special years.

Saul Good 07-31-2012 09:57 PM

I just realized something. Kansas has a legitimate shot of winning more Big XII games than Mizzou this year. That would be a major achievement for Kansas seeing as they've never done that before.

After managing to tie Nebraska and Colorado last year, maybe they can build off of that momentum.

Bambi 07-31-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8781761)
Wickedson is in deep.. one lucky buyout (Which is the key game that got the BCS destroyed) and that was it for football.

The BCS is destroyed?

And I doubt KU's Orange Bowl victory had much to do with any of the recent developments as far as a playoff goes. I mean...had they had lost the game then you could have a point. If 74,000+ hadn't shown up you could have a point.

If anything has destroyed anything it's last years NC game which was the lowest rated game ever being that it unfairly pitted two teams from the same conference together. A conference that has a lower median income than the rest of the country and a lower population (smaller tv markets)... what a disaster last year was. It can't happen again.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8781774)
I just realized something. Kansas has a legitimate shot of winning more Big XII games than Mizzou this year. That would be a major achievement for Kansas seeing as they've never done that before.

After managing to tie Nebraska and Colorado last year, maybe they can build off of that momentum.

Maybe. Neither Mizzou or KU is ranked in Phil Steele's preseason top 50 so who knows. Looks like a toss up to some. Interested to see what KU can do when it has something besides a high school coach running things. Funny though. After 10 years Turner Gill and Gary Pinkle still have just the same thing...1 MAC Championship.

tredadda 07-31-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781768)
No they can do both at once. But those are really special years.

Except when they don't and then the excuse is that they were focused on getting to a Final Four.

Saul Good 07-31-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781777)
If anything has destroyed anything it's last years NC game which was the lowest rated game ever

We get to lie? I didn't know we got to lie to make points.

tredadda 07-31-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781777)
The BCS is destroyed?

And I doubt KU's Orange Bowl victory had much to do with any of the recent developments as far as a playoff goes. I mean...had they had lost the game then you could have a point. If 74,000+ hadn't shown up you could have a point.

If anything has destroyed anything it's last years NC game which was the lowest rated game ever being that it unfairly pitted two teams from the same conference together. A conference that has a lower median income than the rest of the country and a lower population (smaller tv markets)... what a disaster last year was. It can't happen again.

:spock:

Saul Good 07-31-2012 10:05 PM

FTR, the two lowest rated BCS title games ever each featured a Big XII team getting their shit pushed in by teams from outside the SEC.

Saul Good 07-31-2012 10:07 PM

The LSU Alabama NC game was the second most watched television program in the history of cable television behind only the Auburn/Oregon game. I guess those must be two heavily populated states with high incomes.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8781796)
FTR, the two lowest rated BCS title games ever each featured a Big XII team getting their shit pushed in by teams from outside the SEC.

Incorrect. The lowest rated BCS title game ever was last season featuring LSU and Alabama.

From what everyone can tell this game was the catalyst for a 4 team playoff format that has now been put into motion.

Never again will we have the disaster of two teams from a conference that thinks way too much of themselves when in fact they have much less influence than they think.

Saul Good 07-31-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781803)
Incorrect. The lowest rated BCS title game ever was last season featuring LSU and Alabama.

Weird. Sports Illustrated and CNN don't know what they're talking about, but Wickedson does.

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- A field goal-filled shutout couldn't compete with a thrilling finish for television viewers.

TV ratings dipped for this year's BCS title game, Alabama's 21-0 win in a rematch against Southeastern Conference rival LSU. The Crimson Tide went up 15-0 late in the third quarter on five field goals while the Tigers' offense struggled to even cross midfield.

A year ago, Auburn drove for a winning field goal on the final play to beat Oregon 22-19.

Monday's game on ESPN earned a 14.0 rating, down 8 percent from last year. It's the third-lowest rating of the 14 BCS title games, beating only a 13.9 for Miami-Nebraska in 2002 and a 13.7 for Southern California-Oklahoma in 2005.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz22GRifk00

HolyHandgernade 07-31-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8781801)
The LSU Alabama NC game was the second most watched television program in the history of cable television behind only the Auburn/Oregon game. I guess those must be two heavily populated states with high incomes.

Yeah, nice spin:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...lowest_tv.html

Saul Good 07-31-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781803)
From what everyone can tell this game was the catalyst for a 4 team playoff format that has now been put into motion.

Never again will we have the disaster of two teams from a conference that thinks way too much of themselves when in fact they have much less influence than they think.

...that Mike Slive dictated?

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:11 PM

This is why the system is changing...

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UBirXkI8jbU

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...ings-ever.html

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...56338/34308344

Frazod 07-31-2012 10:11 PM

This shit never gets old, does it? :D

Saul Good 07-31-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8781810)

Nice spin what? He said it was the least watched, and it wasn't. It was also only the second NC game on cable television. Of course ratings are going to be lower on cable versus network television. One is free, and the other isn't.

HolyHandgernade 07-31-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8781819)
Nice spin what? He said it was the least watched, and it wasn't. It was also only the second NC game on cable television. Of course ratings are going to be lower on cable versus network television. One is free, and the other isn't.

That's what I meant. You used that bit of trivia to make the game sound like it was more of a success than it was. That's spin.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8781811)
...that Mike Slive dictated?

We were all willing to give it a chance. Oh how wrong we were...

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8781819)

It was the least watched. Sorry if "alabama.com" doesn't trump the LAtimes and CBS, lol

mnchiefsguy 07-31-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8781825)
That's what I meant. You used that bit of trivia to make the game sound like it was more of a success than it was. That's spin.

Actually, Hypocritson used that bit of trivia to make the games sound less successful than it actually was....that is spin.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:21 PM

Top 3 all time BCS Games.

1. Rose Bowl 2006 Texas-USC 21.7 *
2. Orange Bowl 2001 Florida State-Oklahoma 17.8 *
3. Sugar Bowl 2000 Florida State-Virginia Tech 17.5 *

mnchiefsguy 07-31-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781838)
Top 3 all time BCS Games.

1. Rose Bowl 2006 Texas-USC 21.7 *
2. Orange Bowl 2001 Florida State-Oklahoma 17.8 *
3. Sugar Bowl 2000 Florida State-Virginia Tech 17.5 *

And this proves what exactly? This does not refute the fact that Saul Good has flat out proved you incorrect.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8781835)
Actually, Hypocritson used that bit of trivia to make the games sound less successful than it actually was....that is spin.

You're right. The game was so successful they're changing the entire postseason system.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8781842)
And this proves what exactly? This does not refute the fact that Saul Good has flat out proved you incorrect.

I have multiple links from credible news sources citing my facts. He has one from a site from which one of the teams plays in.

I think we're okay with who is right and who is not.

mnchiefsguy 07-31-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781843)
You're right. The game was so successful they're changing the entire postseason system.

So the Alabama/LSU game was the reason the postseason system was changed?

What a stunning revelation.

Frazod 07-31-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781843)

Please. The BCS has been broken for YEARS. At least these two teams actually BEAT SOMEBODY GOOD to earn their spots.

As we are all aware, that has often not been the case.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8781852)
So the Alabama/LSU game was the reason the postseason system was changed?

What a stunning revelation.

The SEC brand of football is hard to watch for most of the country. You're never going to see that atrocity again.

mnchiefsguy 07-31-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781855)
The KU brand of football is hard to watch for everyone. You'll always get that quality of football from KU.

Fixed your post.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8781853)
Please. The BCS has been broken for YEARS. At least these two teams actually BEAT SOMEBODY GOOD to earn their spots.

As we are all aware, that has often not been the case.

I think the sooner people realize that CFB will never be the NFL we can all move on much easier. You guys just need a damn BCS bowl so you can get over it already.

I'd say off the top of my head the BCS has done a pretty good job pitting the best two teams in the NC over the last few years. But in the history of CFB the National Championship really isn't all that important. Just look at how many different teams have claimed it over the years.

Last year was a fluke. Oklahoma State probably would have run either of them off the field. But OSU isn't in the club so you were never going to find out.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8781859)
Fixed your post.

ok, that's pretty good

mnchiefsguy 07-31-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781862)
I think the sooner people realize that CFB will never be the NFL we can all move on much easier. You guys just need a damn BCS bowl so you can get over it already.

I'd say off the top of my head the BCS has done a pretty good job pitting the best two teams in the NC over the last few years. But in the history of CFB the National Championship really isn't all that important. Just look at how many different teams have claimed it over the years.

Last year was a fluke. Oklahoma State probably would have run either of them off the field. But OSU isn't in the club so you were never going to find out.

Except for the years that the BCS gave us a shitty matchup....like when Nebraska lost by three touchdowns. For every good BCS NC matchup, there is an awful one it seems.

Frazod 07-31-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781862)

There's so much fail in this post, I don't even know where to start. ROFL

Dr. Gigglepants 07-31-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781855)
The SEC brand of football is hard to watch for most of the country. You're never going to see that atrocity again.

Unless the 4 team playoff isn't limited to only conference champs like Mike Slive is advocating. I guess we'll see how much pull the SEC has when those details are hammered out.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8781869)
Except for the years that the BCS gave us a shitty matchup....like when Nebraska lost by three touchdowns. For every good BCS NC matchup, there is an awful one it seems.

The sport is inherently unfair. Teams don't play balanced schedules, there's no "player draft" of any kind, players are bought left and right, all the teams have different level of resources and spending...

You have to take CFB for what it is. Fun on Saturday afternoons with beer and sun. You can't look at it like real competition. If you do you'll be caught up in a constant hamster wheel of trying to figure out a system that is "fair".

Personally I think with this whole 4 team playoff thing that is getting introduced things just got that much more complicated and that many more teams at the end are going to be left angry. But if they get all bent out of shape about it it's their own fault. It's not worth getting all upset about.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8781872)
There's so much fail in this post, I don't even know where to start. ROFL

I heard Gary Pinkle ranked Oklahoma State like 6th or something in his final poll. ROFL

What a butthurt tool your coach is.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8781881)
Unless the 4 team playoff isn't limited to only conference champs like Mike Slive is advocating. I guess we'll see how much pull the SEC has when those details are hammered out.

Mike Slive is not the only one advocating that setup.

Good try though..

Frazod 07-31-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781892)
I heard Gary Pinkle ranked Oklahoma State like 6th or something in his final poll. ROFL

What a butthurt tool your coach is.

Sorry, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around your "National Championship really isn't all that important" bit.

I can only process so much utter, abject ****ing stupidity at once.

Bambi 07-31-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8781902)
Sorry, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around your "National Championship really isn't all that important" bit.

I can only process so much utter, abject ****ing stupidity at once.

Who won the National Championship in 1973?

Frazod 07-31-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8781906)
Who won the National Championship in 1973?

That's your ****ing argument? Really?

I'm sorry, I was 8 in 1973. I don't remember who won anything in 1973. I could be like you and look it up and then lie and claim I remembered, but what's the point?

Sometimes you're so ****ing lame I border on pitying you.

It never lasts, though.