ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

Pasta Little Brioni 03-11-2013 07:11 PM

I don't think he realizes just how loaded the Niners have been the last couple of years.

SAUTO 03-11-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9486737)
Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Tight end christian fauria.

Again, this was more about a defense that had a young willie mcginnest, mike vrabel, tedi brusci, ty law, lawyer milloy, asante samuel.

Way more than about the offense which was okay. It wasnt great, but they got the job done. But it was their defense.

Tom Brady was placed in a situation to succeed. To suggest that aaron rodgers, and tom brady have been placed in ideal situations to succeed, just like matt ryan, and then to turn around and say that guys like tim couch, alex smith, david carr, werent, to a lot of people is excuses.

So, i guess ill just let people think whatever they want.

Google was your friend here piss boy.

They all sucked.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-11-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9486743)
I don't think he realizes just how loaded the Niners have been the last couple of years.

He doesn't realize the sky is blue
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 03-11-2013 07:14 PM

If Alex can win 11-12 games and a postseason game with this current Chief squad I'll be impressed, heh. It's a win now move, so anything less than that is a crock of shit. Waste 2 early draft picks for 8-8? No ****ing thanks.

SAUTO 03-11-2013 07:16 PM

Soy Smith has had Vernon Davis his whole career, gore too.

Just STFU piss fan boy
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-11-2013 07:17 PM

And delanie walker
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 03-11-2013 07:18 PM

3 first round O lineman, Davis, Gore, Crabtree, an absolute loaded defense with 4 All Pro caliber players.

Chiefs have about 8 Pro Bowl quality players themselves, so there really isn't any excuse not to win games in KC with competent QB play. There will be no excuses for Alexis.

Beeker 03-11-2013 07:22 PM

Folks - this is one of the things we've tried to warn you about w/ Alex Smith. This thread is titled:

"The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it"

It has now devolved into an Alex Smith Sucks thread. THIS is what you have to look forward to as long as he is a Chief, which, in case you've forgotten, happens officially TOMORROW.

Have an awesome day!!!

KC_Lee 03-11-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9486748)
If Alex can win 11-12 games and a postseason game with this current Chief squad I'll be impressed, heh. It's a win now move, so anything less than that is a crock of shit. Waste 2 early draft picks for 8-8? No ****ing thanks.

So basically Steve Bono '95 (13 - 3, 1st round playoff loss) & Elvis Grbac '97 (13 - 3, 1st round playoff loss) with a playoff win.

Or Joe Montana '93 (11 - 5, 2 playoff wins).

This is what we are looking forward too as fans? This is what we are rooting for and paying for?

Will this help spike merch. sales for the team? Pack the parking lot? Get KC on Monday & Sunday Night Football?

SAUTO 03-11-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9486738)
oh, and by the way. Feel free to name me the tight ends, and wr's off of alex smiths first season........

Brandon Lloyd. The guy you were pimping when the pats got him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 03-11-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9486766)
So basically Steve Bono '95 (13 - 3, 1st round playoff loss) & Elvis Grbac '97 (13 - 3, 1st round playoff loss) with a playoff win.

Or Joe Montana '93 (11 - 5, 2 playoff wins).

This is what we are looking forward too as fans? This is what we are rooting for and paying for?

Will this help spike merch. sales for the team? Pack the parking lot? Get KC on Monday & Sunday Night Football?

Expecting him to win a SuperBowl a year after 2-14 would be a bit ridiculous don't you think? Cmon man, I'm harsh, but not that much. JFC I'm already holding a 9 win improvement to him or fail.

KC_Lee 03-11-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9486777)
Expecting him to win a SuperBowl a year after 2-14 would be a bit ridiculous don't you think? Cmon man, I'm harsh, but not that much. JFC I'm already holding a 9 win improvement to him or fail.

A 2 - 14 team with 6 Pro Bowlers. You can make an argument that some of those players were not worthy of a Pro Bowl berth. But normally a 2 - 14 team only sends the kicker or the punter to the Pro Bowl.

The 2 - 14 record had more to do with the total crap coaching staff and piss poor QB play than anything else. Don't forget, KC was only 4 - 12 the year before Marty came to town. Marty was able to get 8 wins out of the '89 team.

I understand your point but KC was not your "normal" 2 - 14 team.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-11-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9486789)
A 2 - 14 team with 6 Pro Bowlers. You can make an argument that some of those players were not worthy of a Pro Bowl berth. But normally a 2 - 14 team only sends the kicker or the punter to the Pro Bowl.

The 2 - 14 record had more to do with the total crap coaching staff and piss poor QB play than anything else. Don't forget, KC was only 4 - 12 the year before Marty came to town. Marty was able to get 8 wins out of the '89 team.

I understand your point but KC was not your "normal" 2 - 14 team.

Absolutely. Which is why I expect the team can make the playoffs with good QB play. Can Alex deliver? I think we got hosed, but hey he'll get a shot to prove me wrong.

KC_Lee 03-11-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9486794)
Absolutely. Which is why I expect the team can make the playoffs with good QB play. Can Alex deliver? I think we got hosed, but hey he'll get a shot to prove me wrong.

That's why I really can't get to excited about next year. I can see KC going 10 - 6 / 11 - 5 and making the playoffs with another one and done.

Been down this road waaaaay to many times to get excited. Perhaps the draft will change my outlook (Geno please, would settle for Bray) but right now I can't get that excited.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-11-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9486744)
Google was your friend here piss boy.

They all sucked.
Posted via Mobile Device

lol, "Alex Piss Boy"! Mods; make it rain!
Posted via Mobile Device