ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Computers Somebody's gotta have the inside scoop on Google Fiber launching tomorrow..?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261759)

Dr. Gigglepants 04-26-2016 10:10 PM

Yep, every time the emergency alert comes on. It's so seamless too. Sneaky as shit
Posted via Mobile Device

BWillie 04-27-2016 12:07 AM

No problems here on Time Warner.

Mr. Laz 04-27-2016 09:18 AM

Each time we get anything harder than a sprinkle, Directv ****s up.

rain fade is just terrible, i don't see how Directv is going to compete in the future after fiber optics really develops.

DaneMcCloud 04-27-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12197256)
Each we get anything harder than a sprinkle, Directv ****s up.

rain fade is just terrible, i don't see how Directv is going to compete in the future after fiber optics really develop.

From my understanding, DTV is developing new technology in which satellite dishes will no longer be necessary.

You can also download the DTV app, which will stream every channel. Or, as I've recently done, replace the DTV DVR's with a Roku box. With Roku, I can download and sign into as many as 55 Direct TV channels including ABC, Fox, NBC, HBO, Showtime, Starz!, Encore, History, etc. and so on.

I haven't had issue with Direct TV signal since 2003 and that was only for a few minutes. Do you have the latest dish and hardware?

Mr. Laz 04-27-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12197345)
Do you have the latest dish and hardware?

I assume so since we upgrade to HD in 2014.

new receivers and dish

Had techs out several times this year and they changed out some of the wiring and all of the connectors. Even got a new switch box last year.

DaneMcCloud 04-27-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12197406)
I assume so since we upgrade to HD in 2014.

new receivers and dish

Had techs out several times this year and they changed out some of the wiring and all of the connectors. Even got a new switch box last year.

That sucks, man. Maybe it's because of our geographical location but even in the heaviest El Nino rains, my signal has never dropped.

Mr. Laz 04-27-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12197457)
That sucks, man. Maybe it's because of our geographical location but even in the heaviest El Nino rains, my signal has never dropped.

T.V. signal tells us when the rain is coming. LMAO

T.V. signal goes out ... about 2 minutes until the rain reaches the ground.

anything more than a sprinkle

It's only a question of how long the signal goes out, not if.

Stewie 04-27-2016 01:54 PM

I've had DTV for years and never had any problems. My next door neighbor got it last year and it's been a real headache. They've been out several times to switch things out and it doesn't help. They lose signal and their DVR will suddenly reboot while watching a program. It's weird.

The difference between our systems is that I have receivers that are about five years old and everything is hardwired. My neighbor has the latest and greatest and runs wireless.

Stewie 05-26-2016 12:58 PM

I just had Google Fiber installed today. I'm just doing the basic Internet for now (wanted the box/line run for starters), but so far so good. The guys that did the installation were very professional and had me online in about 45 minutes from the time they knocked on the door. Not bad.

BigBeauford 05-26-2016 01:02 PM

Just had it installed out here in western Shawnee. It's decent, and the upload speeds are amazing. However if you have a larger place, I suggest sticking with a good router. I was only getting about 7-10 Mbs when I was upstairs (just using the 100 Mbs plan).

KevB 06-08-2016 02:55 PM

Just got an email from Google Fiber ..... they've reached agreement with AMC and it will now be carried as part of their normal channel lineup. Couldn't be happier, lots of good shows on AMC.

Sorce 07-13-2016 12:43 PM

Just got an e-mail that it is coming to Raymore so wohoo, probably be like 2 years before I can actually sign up.

Dayze 07-13-2016 01:23 PM

I'm in the project. Belton raymore is being built now. Just started.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sorce 07-14-2016 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12313992)
I'm in the project. Belton raymore is being built now. Just started.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Any idea how long they think it will take, talking to a guy from OP he said probably a year till signups based on when they announced it there and then he got to sign up.

Dartgod 07-14-2016 06:06 AM

I punched in my Belton address and it said signups were coming soon. I'm locked in to DTV for the next year and a half though. I suppose it might be ready then.