ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Buck 10-11-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 5103250)
So, Halloween is almost upon us. Any suggestions for mood viewing?

If it has to do with zombies, I've probably already seen it, so lets put those aside for now. Same with the Saws and the new age Japan remakes.

Have you seen Slither? Its fun.

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5103239)
Ok, only 2 Shymalan Movies I can stand are The Sixth Sense and Signs

Unbreakable is his finest film by far

luv 10-11-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5103272)
Unbreakable is his finest film by far

What about Woman of the Water, or whatever that one was called? I've heard it's good, but haven't seen it.

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2008 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5103274)
What about Woman of the Water, or whatever that one was called? I've heard it's good, but haven't seen it.

I liked Lady in Water quite a bit (more than The Village).

I don't want to spoil anything so my advice would be to watch it and form your own opinion.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I don't want to influence your opinion, one way or the other.

TrickyNicky 10-11-2008 12:46 AM

Lady in the Water is decent. If you like Giamatti, you will probably like it.

irishjayhawk 10-11-2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 5103277)
Lady in the Water is decent. If you like Giamatti, you will probably like it.

I wish.

Fire Me Boy! 10-11-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5103239)
Ok, only 2 Shymalan Movies I can stand are The Sixth Sense and Signs

Signs? Seriously? I wanted my money back. And I saw it for free. That is the only movie I can think of in my recent history that actually got worse with time.

I reviewed it. And whenever I wrote reviews I always "stewed" on the film for a bit. Let it linger. I wanted to give it time to work in my mind.

Normally, any bad movie gets better in my head. Not to mean it gets "good"... but I usually start finding things that make it redeemable.

Signs is the only movie I can remember that got worse. I disliked it in the theater. Two days later I despised it.

Unbreakable is his best work, hands down (IMHO).

Buck 10-11-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5103387)
Signs? Seriously? I wanted my money back. And I saw it for free. That is the only movie I can think of in my recent history that actually got worse with time.

I reviewed it. And whenever I wrote reviews I always "stewed" on the film for a bit. Let it linger. I wanted to give it time to work in my mind.

Normally, any bad movie gets better in my head. Not to mean it gets "good"... but I usually start finding things that make it redeemable.

Signs is the only movie I can remember that got worse. I disliked it in the theater. Two days later I despised it.

LOL, to each his own.

I couldn't stand Unbreakable....It was like they tried to take the first 20 minutes of a comic book movie and stretch it out over 2 hours....

Lady in the Water sucked, the Village Sucked, whatever else sucked.

Deberg_1990 10-11-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5103387)

You know the thing about M Night is,

Hes an excellent director. His films always look great. He knows how to build tension and suspense and the performances he gets are usually top notch.

If he would just stop writing he would be alot better off.

Buehler445 10-11-2008 10:14 AM

I watched Knocked Up last night. There were some funny parts, but I have to say that I was not impressed.

BUT

I think it is because I take children very seriously. More importantly, I've seen children coming from bad decisions, and they rarely turn out happily ever after like everyone could see coming. I guess what I'm getting at is that I couldn't get into a comedic mood with children's lives at stake. I guess I need to chill out and check my brain, but I couldn't get it done.

That being said, there was some comedy gold hidden in there.

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5103634)
I watched Knocked Up last night. There were some funny parts, but I have to say that I was not impressed.

BUT

I think it is because I take children very seriously. More importantly, I've seen children coming from bad decisions, and they rarely turn out happily ever after like everyone could see coming. I guess what I'm getting at is that I couldn't get into a comedic mood with children's lives at stake. I guess I need to chill out and check my brain, but I couldn't get it done.

That being said, there was some comedy gold hidden in there.

I saw it just as my wife got pregnant with our first child. We were about 6 weeks into the pregnancy when it was released on DVD.

Suffice to say, I found it extremely unfunny at the time, especially the scenes with the gyno, the books, etc.

Having watched it several times on HBO this past summer, I have a greater appreciation for the film but outside of a few scenes, it's clearly at the bottom of the Apatow file for me.

Superbad is about 10 million times as funny IMO.

Deberg_1990 10-11-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5103754)
I saw it just as my wife got pregnant with our first child. We were about 6 weeks into the pregnancy when it was released on DVD.

Suffice to say, I found it extremely unfunny at the time, especially the scenes with the gyno, the books, etc.

Having watched it several times on HBO this past summer, I have a greater appreciation for the film but outside of a few scenes, it's clearly at the bottom of the Apatow file for me.

I like it, but i cant stand the Leslie Mann character. She just annoyed the heck out of me.

irishjayhawk 10-11-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5103754)

How would you rate them?

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5104665)
How would you rate them?

Well, that depends. Are you asking me "overall", as in movies he's been associated with as a producer, director or writer? Or broken down by those categories?

irishjayhawk 10-11-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5104854)
Well, that depends. Are you asking me "overall", as in movies he's been associated with as a producer, director or writer? Or broken down by those categories?

Eh, I wondered if you'd ask that.

I mean like Superbad, 40YOV, Knocked Up, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall.