ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC ** 2013 Sporting Kansas City / Soccer Thread ** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267316)

zigbazah 07-21-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9824788)
Arsenal isn't "that* bad. They have a shot...an outside one though. One of those good not great teams.

Ok, but how many "good not great" teams have won MLS Cup in recent years? Off the top of my head, Colorado and RSL. "Good not great" teams can't win a league like the Prem in the modern era.

|Zach| 07-21-2013 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zigbazah (Post 9824791)
Ok, but how many "good not great" teams have won MLS Cup in recent years? Off the top of my head, Colorado and RSL.

Oh yea I agree with your comments contrasting the leagues just thought Arsenal was kind of getting a raw deal haha.

AussieChiefsFan 07-21-2013 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9824790)
This is the call from the SKC announcers who are damn good. Love this from Cal Williams.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T-lTVJ04Kd8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

"AND RIO TINTO STADIUM IS DRENCHED IN SORROW! SUFFOCATED IN SILENCE AND DISAPPOINTMENT!"

That was beautiful. :clap:

zigbazah 07-21-2013 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9824792)
Oh yea I agree with your comments contrasting the leagues just thought Arsenal was kind of getting a raw deal haha.

I've been a Gunner since age 13. After these last 8 years, it's hard to not be pessimistic.:banghead:

|Zach| 07-21-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9824793)
That was beautiful. :clap:

Funny thing about Cal...from England (Aston Villa fan poor guy)...really loves it here in KC and loves MLS but he also really raves about and talks up the A-League as an ascending league.

AussieChiefsFan 07-21-2013 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9824795)
Funny thing about Cal...from England (Aston Villa fan poor guy)...really loves it here in KC and loves MLS but he also really raves about and talks up the A-League as an ascending league.

Hopefully this is true. The A-League All-Stars went up against Man Utd last night and lost 5-1. I wasn't expecting them to score any goals at all, so it was an alright result. I fel kinda sorry for the All-Stars though, because even though the game was played at ANZ stadium in Sydney, almost the entire crowd of 85,000 australians were dressed in red, and cheered much harder for Man Utd than for the All-Stars.

Silock 07-21-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9824778)
I just feel like if SKC couldn't pass this litmus test there isn't another MLS team who could. Someone has to win the damn thing.

Maybe. I feel like the West is better at the top, though.

Silock 07-21-2013 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9824779)
But you...as ref...would have stopped a team in an active attacking position dead in the water. Or denied an earned corner? Or both?

When the ball goes backward, out of the box, I'd have blown the whistle. I wouldn't stop it on a corner, though. I feel we got very lucky with a lenient ref.

AussieChiefsFan 07-21-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9824797)
Maybe. I feel like the West is better at the top, though.

Probably true, however I think if SKC was in the west they'd be just as high as they are now. Also, there's only 9 teams in the West opposed to 10 in the east.

Silock 07-21-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zigbazah (Post 9824787)
Hard to compare the single table, non salary capped Premier League to MLS. Arsenal has virtually no chance of winning the title. SKC has a much better shot at the title than a team like the Gunners.

MLS has one of the most ignorant, whiny fanbases in sports. Very annoying.

Arsenal are consistently top four in the league. I wouldn't say that's virtually no chance. That would be stupid. They just aren't quite good enough.

AussieChiefsFan 07-21-2013 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9824798)
When the ball goes backward, out of the box, I'd have blown the whistle. I wouldn't stop it on a corner, though. I feel we got very lucky with a lenient ref.

It would have been controversial either way. In the eyes of the ref, it'd probably be worse to stop a team that is in front of goal, than to let them play for an extra 30 seconds.

Silock 07-21-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9824799)
Probably true, however I think if SKC was in the west they'd be just as high as they are now. Also, there's only 9 teams in the West opposed to 10 in the east.

I dunno. I feel like Portland and LA are significantly better.

AussieChiefsFan 07-21-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9824803)
I dunno. I feel like Portland and LA are significantly better.

Than us? Maybe slightly better, but not significantly.

Silock 07-21-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9824801)
It would have been controversial either way. In the eyes of the ref, it'd probably be worse to stop a team that is in front of goal, than to let them play for an extra 30 seconds.

Sure, but once the ball goes backwards and is out of the box, that's no longer "in scoring position." Whistle it. Oh well. I'll def take the win. I just know I'd be pissed if we were on the other end.

AussieChiefsFan 07-21-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9824805)
Sure, but once the ball goes backwards and is out of the box, that's no longer "in scoring position." Whistle it. Oh well. I'll def take the win. I just know I'd be pissed if we were on the other end.

Oh ofcourse! If we were the ones that lost, I'd be just as angry as the RSL fans are right now. But I'd be pissed at the refs, or whoever else, but not the other team. These RSL fans on facebook and carrying on, calling SKC thugs and classless. It's pathetically ironic.