ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

Deberg_1990 03-07-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 9475763)
Corvette Summer says kiss my ass... Dane!

Haha. I do have a fondness for 70s and 80s B movies.

KcMizzou 03-07-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9475717)
Well, Carrie Fisher could have been a huge movie star but she was born with the same addiction issues as her parents. She was an alcoholic and coke freak. When you're in Star Wars, there's no price tag on blow.

As for Hamill, he was short and lacking in physical stature. He wasn't really a guy you could create a TV show around, nor was he a "movie star" outside of Star Wars. He could have been a very good character actor but it would have been difficult for him to break free from the Star Wars stigma.

So, he did the next best thing and became a voice actor. And a successful one at that. But most of those guys have a vocal booth and media room in their homes, so physical appearance isn't exactly the first thing on their minds because they're never seen.

Plus, he's old.

Batman fans love Hamill as a voice actor. He's supposedly amazing as the Joker.

I'm geeky enough to know about it, but I don't. (yet) I just enjoyed seeing him play Cock Knocker in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

DaneMcCloud 03-07-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 9475763)
Corvette Summer says kiss my ass... Dane!

LMAO

007 03-07-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9475772)
Batman fans love Hamill as a voice actor. He's supposedly amazing as the Joker.

I'm geeky enough to know about it, but I don't. (yet) I just enjoyed seeing him play Cock Knocker in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

did you play Arkham Asylum and Arkham City

Frosty 03-07-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9475771)
Haha. I do have a fondness for 70s and 80s B movies.

I actually kind of like "Corvette Summer" and have seen it several times. :redface:

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-07-2013 11:18 PM

"Cock Knocker" FTW.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445 03-08-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9475765)
Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed that.

I believe it. Lots of animated movies draw big stars, Shrek comes to mind off hand. But yeah, I think it is pretty demanding also.

Setsuna 03-08-2013 10:35 AM

Didn't they CGI that guy in Tron? If so it was a pretty decent job.

Bowser 03-08-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9476779)

Yeah, and it was.....ok. Certainly better than anything we had seen to that point. Does make you wonder what they can do with it now, a few years down the road since the last use.

And I think they used CGI on Patrick Stewart and Ian McClellan in that crappy X-Men movie, too.

Frazod 03-08-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9476779)

It was and it wasn't. Did it look like a young Jeff Bridges? Sure. But if you'd compare it to actual footage of young Jeff Bridges, it looked like a robot with a Jeff Bridges mask on.

DaneMcCloud 03-08-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9477081)
It was and it wasn't. Did it look like a young Jeff Bridges? Sure. But if you'd compare it to actual footage of young Jeff Bridges, it looked like a robot with a Jeff Bridges mask on.

It worked because we were supposed to suspend real life and believe that people are actually living in a computer generated world.

But I'm with you: Unless there have been some advances in the past two years (and they may have been - I certainly wouldn't rule it out), that's a tough sell to a Star Wars audience that's already tired of too much CGI.

Deberg_1990 03-08-2013 04:16 PM

I read somewhere that this next chapter is supposed to be set 35 years after ep. 6. So maybe they just roll with how they currently look if thats true.
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna 03-08-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9476880)
Yeah, and it was.....ok. Certainly better than anything we had seen to that point. Does make you wonder what they can do with it now, a few years down the road since the last use.

And I think they used CGI on Patrick Stewart and Ian McClellan in that crappy X-Men movie, too.

Ah I knew it, thanks. Yeah I remember that too. That was done tastefully though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9477081)

ROFL yeah I figured. But hey...I'm sure they fixed the subtle things like mouth movement and such. That's how I could tell it was CGI when I first saw it. That scene where he said, "We're always on the same team."

Hammock Parties 03-13-2013 06:44 PM

hot. grab that blaster.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...60934876_o.jpg

007 03-14-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9495025)

Damn her eyes look freaky in that shot.