ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid interested in Alex Smith... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269575)

O.city 02-22-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9427155)
I wouldn't suggest the QB search ends with Smith, and thankfully, Reid and Dorsey have a history of not being satisfied at the QB spot either, regardless of who they have.

Atleast, not until they get their guy.

Messier 02-22-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9427159)
Atleast, not until they get their guy.

Which wouldn't be Smith, or any vet they pick up, well,maybe Foles, but that's becoming unlikely. I think their guy, will be drafted by them.

O.city 02-22-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9427171)
Which wouldn't be Smith, or any vet they pick up, well,maybe Foles, but that's becoming unlikely. I think their guy, will be drafted by them.

I wouldn't think he would be, but Reid seemed to roll with Vick, so who knows.

O.city 02-22-2013 10:38 PM

Pretty much my feeling on this is **** a retread. I know he's not a bad player, had a good year or two etc. I get that.

But **** it. It's not rational thought, but it is what it is.

RunKC 02-22-2013 10:45 PM

We trade for Alex Smith, draft Luke Joeckel they start...then I just don't ****ing watch this team this fall.

I can totally see this being the case right now.

NJChiefsFan 02-22-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9427210)
We trade for Alex Smith, draft Luke Joeckel they start...then I just don't ****ing watch this team this fall.

Don't forget Cassel being restructed to remain the backup.

O.city 02-22-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

I'll probably find some other things to do.

I'm having a newborn in August, so I'd say I can find some other things to do on Sunday.

mcaj22 02-22-2013 10:47 PM

if they are going to trade him its going to be before FA or during FA.

they wont trade him on draft day. FA is when to do it, they need to trade his 8.5 million and so they can splurge on a FA #1 CB, Talib, Grimes, Cary Williams, who ever the **** they think is worth it, there is a ton of them and they will spend that. But trading Smith before the FA market starts is the key.

if they dont trade him before FA and lose out on all those CBs they are just going to keep him and foot the bill

with that said, this will either be happening in the next couple weeks or it wont be. So we just got to survive until the end of March and we are good. (if they pushed FA back then its April, same concept)

DaneMcCloud 02-22-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

If THIS is the road they decide to travel, I'd rather see Albert re-signed and Warmack at #1.

For for no other reason than to shut the national media the **** up about the Chiefs offensive line.

O.city 02-22-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9427225)
If THIS is the road they decide to travel, I'd rather see Albert re-signed and Warmack at #1.

For for no other reason than to shut the national media the **** up about the Chiefs offensive line.

That would be pretty Chiefs like.

-King- 02-22-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9427114)
He's under contract another year. They shouldn't even touch that subject. Let him play out the year if this trade does in fact happen.

So we cut Cassels 7 million dollar contract only to take on Smith's 8.5 million dollar contract?

RunKC 02-22-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9427225)

That would push me over the edge.

Last year pissed me off enough with Poe. This year would be it.

mcaj22 02-22-2013 10:56 PM

nothing to be pissed about with Poe in round 1

everything to be pissed about the garbage players taken after Poe in rounds 2-7 and who we passed over in all of those rounds

RunKC 02-22-2013 10:56 PM

I can really see us doing something like this: draft Joeckel and trade back into round 1 for a QB.

O.city 02-22-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9427263)
I can really see us doing something like this: draft Joeckel and trade back into round 1 for a QB.

Thats just asking to get ****ed in what you have to give up. Frankly for the Chiefs, I don't see that being a smart idea.