ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **** OFFICIAL Texans @ Chiefs Week 1 Preseason Gameday Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316704)

Simply Red 08-09-2018 09:44 PM

Mahomes 'anti-climatic' debut links all over NFL.com - it wasn't his debut. (for starters)

007 08-09-2018 09:48 PM

Well the damn game didn't record for me. Can somebody sum up what our QB accomplished tonight? Really frustrated it didn't record.

Hammock Parties 08-09-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13668118)
Well the damn game didn't record for me. Can somebody sum up what our QB accomplished tonight? Really frustrated it didn't record.

He got beat up a bit and didn't die.

5-7 33 yards

two first downs

kcpasco 08-09-2018 09:52 PM

Honestly I didn’t get a good evaluation of Mahomes. I saw one good throw and one bad. A bunch of crappy play calling in between.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-09-2018 09:54 PM

I’m confused as to why the DBs weren’t pressing much at all early on when supposedly that’s what we were supposed to be getting back to this year...

Unless they were going extra vanilla on defense too.

Chiefs=Champions 08-09-2018 09:55 PM

What can we gather from Watson's game? 1-1 for 4 yards. Hall of famer or panic mode?

stumppy 08-09-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13668118)

He ran the offense just fine, played at 'real game' speed fine, didn't make any real mistakes, play calling was vanilla as hell, and he didn't get injured.
Perfect preseason game.

kcpasco 08-09-2018 09:56 PM

Vanilla Vanilla Vanilla

UChieffyBugger 08-09-2018 09:56 PM

I have to say those Amerson penalties were just DIRE. The defense was holding up extremely well before that happened but after that they just went flat as **** and that's pretty much where we lost the game. The run defense was pathetic at times I have to say but I guess that's to be expected with Ragland and Hitchens not there. Mahomes? So many folks seem to expect him to come out and throw rockets with every snap, but I thought he was well measured and had a few decent throws. The limited minutes he got though means his performance really doesn't mean much. We've already seen him in a real game situation against some very good players, so tonight really is nothing.

Anyway back to the game and In essence had the better of the game after they scored their second TD. And I was very impressed with some of the fringe guys tbh. Neimann with that brilliant stop, Speaks put the pressure on, Litton was throwing dimes in that last drive, Amaro looked very impressive I thought, Ellis got involved late on, Mckenzie was good, Darrell Williams was very impressive and Smith had one good run back from a punt etc etc.

Also want to mention Robinson who simply carried on his form from the Titans game. He really does look the part and I think he'll end up being very productive for us next season. And lastly that O'line need step it up. Mahomes was getting touched way too much for my liking.

All in all it was a good outing for the guys and no doubt their performances will get better as the weeks go on.

Simply Red 08-09-2018 09:56 PM

DoD must be quite a way off - is he hurt?

Simply Red 08-09-2018 09:58 PM

also we hardly ran with the starters out there - I guess you're only talking about 2 drives - but did we run it more than twice during those?

Simply Red 08-09-2018 09:58 PM

Pass, Pass, Run + Punt

Chiefs=Champions 08-09-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13668127)
I’m confused as to why the DBs weren’t pressing much at all early on when supposedly that’s what we were supposed to be getting back to this year...

Unless they were going extra vanilla on defense too.

They mostly played very soft coverage regardless of down and distance. the d was more vanilla than the offense. they for the most part were also not determining their depths based on the situations. Its a bit up to the individual corner as well as the coordinator usually, but looks to me like they were being told to trial certain things regardless.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-09-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 13668132)
He ran the offense just fine, played at 'real game' speed fine, didn't make any real mistakes, play calling was vanilla as hell, and he didn't get injured.
Perfect preseason game.

Yeah and I guess one could say that he made solid decisions. No bonehead plays, which is the fear of most I would say when we talk about Mahomes’ negative possibilities.

Chiefs=Champions 08-09-2018 10:04 PM

Some coaches seem to value preseason games more than others. Some really want to win. Reid doesn't give a **** about the results really. Its happened every preseason that he's been here. how quickly we forget.