ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Saul Good 09-30-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchero (Post 10034716)
Its not a shot, take off your fanboy glasses and take a look.

NFL College Pipelines per School

Missouri: 29

Kansas: 11

http://www.profootballrosters.com/20...nes-by-school/

I honestly am not trying to bag on KU, but if you are going to come in to this thread with that weak statement then you are going to get served.

Maybe they can catch Louisiana Lafayette soon.

Prison Bitch 09-30-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchero (Post 10034716)
Its not a shot, take off your fanboy glasses and take a look.

NFL College Pipelines per School

Missouri: 29

Kansas: 11

http://www.profootballrosters.com/20...nes-by-school/

I honestly am not trying to bag on KU, but if you are going to come in to this thread with that weak statement then you are going to get served.

I can only imagine what an OU or Bammy fan would think of mizzou and Kansas arguing over who's better in football. Imagine it's like seeing two kids slapping each other on the Short Bus

Saul Good 09-30-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10034896)
I can only imagine what an OU or Bammy fan would think of mizzou and Kansas arguing over who's better in football. Imagine it's like seeing two kids slapping each other on the Short Bus

OU hasn't been ranked #1 since Mizzou whipped their asses, so I'm pretty sure they would laugh that Kansas fans would even try to argue that they are anywhere near as good as Mizzou.

Alabama and Mizzou are tied 2-2 all time, but obviously Bama is miles ahead now.

Prison Bitch 09-30-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10034910)
OU hasn't been ranked #1 since Mizzou whipped their asses, so I'm pretty sure they would laugh that Kansas fans would even try to argue that they are anywhere near as good as Mizzou.

Alabama and Mizzou are tied 2-2 all time, but obviously Bama is miles ahead now.

Your statement reminded me of something I read on the Star comments section when MU left. "They think they are Alabam football and Kentucky basketball, but they're actually Alabama basketball and Kentucky football."

Saul Good 09-30-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10034936)
Your statement reminded me of something I read on the Star comments section when MU left. "They think they are Alabam football and Kentucky basketball, but they're actually Alabama basketball and Kentucky football."

It's always fun to read your own comments in print. You and the other dozen or so middle aged dudes who read newspapers probably had a good chuckle and then went back to talking about basketball.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-30-2013 02:52 PM

kbohls‏@kbohls7m
Sources: Texas AD Dodds stepping down http://shar.es/KxP0C

Bambi 09-30-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10035445)
kbohls‏@kbohls7m
Sources: Texas AD Dodds stepping down http://shar.es/KxP0C

With Kiffin gone and now Texas beginning to move I think it's safe to say college football is in for a very interesting offseason once again.

dirk digler 09-30-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10034381)
If you're going to take a shot be ready for the repercussions. We can continue to watch the types of Chris Harris and Aqib Talib make big time plays in primetime and in the playoffs.

Or we can sit and watch Aldon Smith driving around drunk.

I prefer football.

I prefer to stay out of these pissing matches but I have to say something here. You can't really criticize Aldon Smith's behavior while at the same time praising Aqib Talib. Talib has been arrested multiple times for assault and battery and was suspended by the NFL for steroid use and violating their personal conduct policy. He is not a choir boy by any stretch of the imagination. He is a good football player though just like Aldon Smith is.

Sassy Squatch 09-30-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10035496)
I prefer to stay out of these pissing matches but I have to say something here. You can't really criticize Aldon Smith while at the same time praising Aqib Talib. Talib has been arrested multiple times for assault and battery and was suspended by the NFL for steroid use and violating their personal conduct policy. He is not a choir boy by any stretch of the imagination. He is a good football player though just like Aldon Smith is.

Damn, Bambi. Better get yourself a belt because you keeep getting caught with your pants down.

Bambi 09-30-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10035496)
I prefer to stay out of these pissing matches but I have to say something here. You can't really criticize Aldon Smith's behavior while at the same time praising Aqib Talib. Talib has been arrested multiple times for assault and battery and was suspended by the NFL for steroid use and violating their personal conduct policy. He is not a choir boy by any stretch of the imagination. He is a good football player though just like Aldon Smith is.

I've already noted that Aldon Smith is very talented. Probably the best Missouri player to play in the NFL maybe ever.

But he's currently not playing in the NFL and there doesn't seem to be a timetable for his return if ever.

Bowser 09-30-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10035522)
I've already noted that Aldon Smith is very talented. Probably the best Missouri player to play in the NFL maybe ever.

But he's currently not playing in the NFL and there doesn't seem to be a timetable for his return if ever.

Yeah, he's likely going to call it a career. Great call.

dirk digler 09-30-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Make no mistake he will be back to playing sometime this season. I am sure he will be suspended just like Talib has been for his indiscretions.

Prison Bitch 09-30-2013 04:05 PM

Another short-bus fight. Sad. Did you know that when MU left they finished 7th o the Big 12 schools in historical win % just ahead of Kansas? It was a fun 120-year fight at the back of the short bus but now MU is the special needs kid going to a new school

Bambi 09-30-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10035546)
Make no mistake he will be back to playing sometime this season. I am sure he will be suspended just like Talib has been for his indiscretions.

No doubt Talib has had his issues in the past.

Hopefully Aldon can turn things around in his life as well.

Mosbonian 09-30-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

I know you sometimes don't ever think before you post, but the names that comes to mind quickly are Kellen Winslow (Sr) James Wilder, Tony Galbreath, Henry Marshall, Russ Washington, Roger Wehrli, and Eric Wright all say hello!

Just for grins and giggles I bolded those who are in the NFL Hall of Fame.