ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Prison Bitch 05-20-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawker (Post 9694981)
Tarik Black coming to KU, per Jeff Goodman twitter.

May I ask why we're going after this guy? Don't say "Bill Self wants him so I want him", I get that concept. But Self also wanted all sorts of guys that he's essentially told to hit the road over the years.

I wanted to see Landen Lucas and Embiid get time but it looks like they'll be bench fodder all year. Because Black ain't coming to ride pine, and Traylor will get some min behind him.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-20-2013 03:59 PM

@HoopsRecruiting: Talked to a couple people today. Sounds like Tarik Black to Kansas could happen in the next couple days.

Ceej 05-20-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9695012)
May I ask why we're going after this guy? Don't say "Bill Self wants him so I want him", I get that concept. But Self also wanted all sorts of guys that he's essentially told to hit the road over the years.

I wanted to see Landen Lucas and Embiid get time but it looks like they'll be bench fodder all year. Because Black ain't coming to ride pine, and Traylor will get some min behind him.

I would assume for maturity and depth. Admittedly, I don't know much about this guy. But I like post players, especially for depth. And he's a one year deal. I'm not sure how it's going to hurt anything, other than getting JWes on scholarship = big whoop.

He will be a guy who can come in and rebound, and maybe block some shots. I'm okay with that - Ellis and Embiid are going to offer offensive presence.

Mr. Plow 05-20-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

So Embiid is going to be bench fodder, huh?

Black is a 4 year player that will offer some experience to go with our overwhelming youth - especially in the post. You should know by now that Self doesn't like to play youth right off the bat. He likes to bring them in gradually while playing more experienced players.

the Talking Can 05-20-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

um...traylor isn't playing over Embiid...christ

Embiid is going to be a lotto pick next year, he makes Nerlens Noel look like a clown and he's only been playing a couple of years

Embiid and Black will man the 5, ellis/traylor the 4....Lucas will just be happy to dress

silver5liter 05-20-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9695149)
um...traylor isn't playing over Embiid...christ

Embiid is going to be a lotto pick next year, he makes Nerlens Noel look like a clown and he's only been playing a couple of years

Embiid and Black will man the 5, ellis/traylor the 4....Lucas will just be happy to dress

Preeeeetty doubtful

the Talking Can 05-20-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9695183)
Preeeeetty doubtful

not really....his size and athleticism are the rarest combo..

silver5liter 05-20-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9695200)
not really....his size and athleticism are the rarest combo..

He needs time to develop, much like withey.

Mr. Laz 05-20-2013 05:24 PM

Traylor has huge upside imo

if he can just get enough minutes

Pablo 05-20-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9695206)

No. He doesn't. Do some of you guys even try to keep up with these recruits?

Embiid is our center from day one.

the Talking Can 05-20-2013 05:28 PM

looks like black is official

http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/m-...052013aab.html

the Talking Can 05-20-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9695206)

dude, he's in another category from withey

he may not develop as fast as i expect (he went from unranked to top 15 in a year), but his upside is massive...he is agile, it's just not normal for someone his size to move the way he does

Pablo 05-20-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9695273)
dude, he's in another category from withey

he may not develop as fast as i expect (he went from unranked to top 15 in a year), but his upside is massive...he is agile, it's just not normal for someone his size to move the way he does

Yep. There's a reason the kid went from not playing organized basketball to being the No. 1 center in this class in two years.

He absolutely has Anthony Davis upside.

silver5liter 05-20-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9695269)
No. He doesn't. Do some of you guys even try to keep up with these recruits?

Embiid is our center from day one.

Im disagreeing that he will be a lottery pick next year. I doubt he leaves at the end of the year. The guy has only been playing for a few years.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-20-2013 05:38 PM

Guy on ESPN recruiting said our backups could win the Big 12 and finish top 3 in other conferences.