ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Rausch 12-01-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9167449)
Wow, I don't even......

Wow...

R8RFAN 12-01-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9167066)
The mental toll on these guys is crazy.

You just never really know what is going on with someone.

Are you serious?

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167431)
As long as it was just a monetary fine than I would go for it. It would be a PR disaster for the NFL though.

We shouldn't even talk about this though because it has zero chance of happening.

I imagine it would be a heavy one. You're talking about the Chiefs players making a decision that is going to cost hundreds of thousands in concessions, millions of dollars in advertising, and completely screws up competitive balance where a team is "throwing a game." Not to mention sports books, fantasy football, etc.... There is an enormous financial impact that neither the Chiefs nor the NFL want to assume for this. It's insensitive, but we are literally talking about one decision that will have millions upon millions of dollars in impact.

The Chiefs will play and the NFL will make certain the Chiefs know they have to put their best foot forward. It's a shitty situation but I'm sure everyone knows why that decision has to be made.

Cannibal 12-01-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9167429)
A very strange person. Among the strangest I have ever encountered on the Internet~

She really knows how to get us all riled up. I'll give her that.

Nobody can stand her either. I don't think there is a single soul on this board that likes her, yet she still shows up.

Imon Yourside 12-01-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9167445)
I hope Belch burns in hell actually... if there was a hell

I seriously wouldn't wish that fate on anyone, May the Lord have mercy on his soul.

Brock 12-01-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9166748)
The advise to the families and those who witness a suicide is that you should just continue on with their lives as normally as possible.

This is dumb as hell.

Radar Chief 12-01-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9167445)
I hope Belch burns in hell actually... if there was a hell

I feel similarly but since I have nothing good to say about this situation I'm just going to keep my trap shut for the day.

Red Brooklyn 12-01-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9167413)
No less tragic either way...

Of course, but I'd like to know the facts just the same.

memyselfI 12-01-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9167412)
No question that this is a traumatic event for those involved, either directly or indirectly. I hope that the NFL uses this as a springboard to promote mental health to all of its players and staff. In such a competitive environment, I can imagine that it's easy to lose focus on the importance of what goes on when you go home at the end of the day.

I hope so too. Not too much faith in this though seeing that one of their legends committed suicide and not much changed publicly after that.There are many layers of resistance much like in the military but they have made strides so to might the NFL.

SAUTO 12-01-2012 12:15 PM

Again is there a link to him being found passed out in his car?
Posted via Mobile Device

In58men 12-01-2012 12:15 PM

@Jovan_Belcher: I am the agent for Jovan. At this time we are asking for prayers and sympathy. This is a very hard time. Thank you.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9167420)
I agree. Belcher is a POS. I don't care really what was going on in his life or if he was a Chief. His actions are inexcusable and indefensible.

Nobody condones his actions but if rumors are true it's not as crazy as you might think. l

following is complete rumor/conjecture/hypothesis:

1. Girlfriend decides, for whatever reason, that today is the day she tells Belcher that 'their' child is not biologically his.

2. Belcher loses it and in his anger and grief grabs a gun and shoots her

3. after his grief/rages subsides he looks down at what he's done.

He's killed the woman he loves ... he career is over ... his life(as he knows it) is over ... he's going to jail for 20+ years. Depression sets in and he decides he doesn't deserve or want to live with it.

So he decides to say his goodbyes and take his own life. The Chiefs are his only family or maybe his only family close enough to visit.

drives to Arrowhead, says 'Goodbye' and as soon as Police arrive and force the timing of the decision, he pulls trigger.

just a possibility

In58men 12-01-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9167456)
This is dumb as hell.

He's a ****ing idiot

mikeyis4dcats. 12-01-2012 12:15 PM

if the Chiefs want to play as reported, who are we to tell them not to?

memyselfI 12-01-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9167446)
An interesting anecdote from the comments section on Deadspin:

Not sure that this person should be sharing this information (doctor-patient confidentiality and all that), but if true, it gives us a little bit of insight into Belcher's personality.

Doesn't that end once they are deceased?