ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Pasta Little Brioni 07-19-2012 12:31 PM

How can they turn down being a Leader OMG?????

tredadda 07-19-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8753168)
Maybe, maybe not:

I predict suspension. Expulsion might be too much for a university the caliber of PSU, minus the scandal.

alnorth 07-19-2012 10:33 PM

I posted one rumor that almost immediately vanished into a "this looks like nothing" puff of smoke, so I may as well post another on something I've held off on for a while. This smoke hasn't gone away yet, so what the hell.

http://clemson.rivals.com/

There's a strong, lingering rumor out of Clemson that the commissioner of the ACC, John Swofford, is meeting with the president of Clemson and the Clemson BOT at the Clemson president's home tonight and tomorrow.

It is not COMPLETELY unprecedented for a commissioner of an athletic conference to meet with a school BOT, but it is somewhat rare. Also, for such a meeting to happen under the radar like this with whispers of realignment involving that school in the air, is unusual.

Bambi 07-20-2012 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8754513)
I posted one rumor that almost immediately vanished into a "this looks like nothing" puff of smoke, so I may as well post another on something I've held off on for a while. This smoke hasn't gone away yet, so what the hell.

http://clemson.rivals.com/

There's a strong, lingering rumor out of Clemson that the commissioner of the ACC, John Swofford, is meeting with the president of Clemson and the Clemson BOT at the Clemson president's home tonight and tomorrow.

It is not COMPLETELY unprecedented for a commissioner of an athletic conference to meet with a school BOT, but it is somewhat rare. Also, for such a meeting to happen under the radar like this with whispers of realignment involving that school in the air, is unusual.

The Big 12 isn't adding Clemson. They simply aren't relevent. Time to move to new rumors.

eazyb81 07-20-2012 06:25 AM

- Bidding starts next week for Champions Bowl.
- It is expected to be played permanently in one location instead of a rotation, with Dallas the likely landing spot.
- SEC is okay with game in Dallas because they want to expand their recruiting presence in Texas.
- The TV rights for the game are expected to match the $80 million ESPN just agreed to pay the Rose Bowl. That equals out to about $3.3MM per school.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...egin-next-week

Bambi 07-20-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8754815)
- It is expected to be played permanently in one location instead of a rotation, with Dallas the likely landing spot.
- SEC is okay with game in Dallas because they want to expand their recruiting presence in Texas.
- The TV rights for the game are expected to match the $80 million ESPN just agreed to pay the Rose Bowl. That equals out to about $3.3MM per school.

sweet. I love the idea of getting January 1 back to being a big CFB day. It's usually boring as hell unless you're on vacation or something.

tredadda 07-20-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8754881)
sweet. I love the idea of getting January 1 back to being a big CFB day. It's usually boring as hell unless you're on vacation or something.

:eek: I actually agree with you on this one. What is the world coming to.

kepp 07-20-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8754931)
:eek: I actually agree with you on this one. What is the world coming to.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jjUumMJMtk..._wolf_lamb.jpg

HolyHandgernade 07-20-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8754815)

To piggyback on that, rumors are that the SEC is demanding the Big 12 have a conference championship game, which, per NCAA rules, requires 12 members.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=9160244

eazyb81 07-20-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8755139)
To piggyback on that, rumors are that the SEC is demanding the Big 12 have a conference championship game, which, per NCAA rules, requires 12 members.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=9160244

Why would the SEC care? And wouldn't that just dilute the per school payout even further?

Saul Good 07-20-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8755262)
Why would the SEC care? And wouldn't that just dilute the per school payout even further?

This game is poised to become the national semi-final. I doubt the SEC wants the winner of a ten team conference to get the same cache as the winner of the SEC.

Saul Good 07-20-2012 10:16 AM

If I were into conspiracy theories, I might think that this is Slive's way of shattering the ACC without getting blood on his hands. If the Big XII has to add teams, they are likely going to have to raid the ACC. Suddenly, Virginia and North Carolina are in play.

eazyb81 07-20-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8755303)
This game is poised to become the national semi-final. I doubt the SEC wants the winner of a ten team conference to get the same cache as the winner of the SEC.

This game won't be a national semifinal when it pits the Big 12 and SEC though, and it will likely only be a semifinal in 2 of the 12 years, just like the Rose Bowl.

The $80MM TV rights contract will apply when the two conferences meet outside of the playoff system. That's how the conferences will be able to keep all the money themselves.

Saul Good 07-20-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8755350)
This game won't be a national semifinal when it pits the Big 12 and SEC though, and it will likely only be a semifinal in 2 of the 12 years, just like the Rose Bowl.

The $80MM TV rights contract will apply when the two conferences meet outside of the playoff system. That's how the conferences will be able to keep all the money themselves.

For now, that's true. I think Slive envisions a future in which the NCAA/BCS gets shoved aside and this becomes the national semifinal every season with CCGs acting as de facto quarterfinals.

eazyb81 07-20-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8755363)
For now, that's true. I think Slive envisions a future in which the NCAA/BCS gets shoved aside and this becomes the national semifinal every season with CCGs acting as de facto quarterfinals.

Maybe at some point, but the current playoff agreement is 12 years beginning in 2014. Why would he require the Big 12 to be at 12 schools by 2014? That just dilutes the pool for this current contract.

I think the Baylor guy is getting bad info or incomplete info. The Big 12 adding someone like Louisville and BYU does nothing for the SEC.

Saul Good 07-20-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8755375)
Maybe at some point, but the current playoff agreement is 12 years beginning in 2014. Why would he require the Big 12 to be at 12 schools by 2014? That just dilutes the pool for this current contract.

I think the Baylor guy is getting bad info or incomplete info. The Big 12 adding someone like Louisville and BYU does nothing for the SEC.

The way I understand it, the revenue is split by conference before being subdivided by teams. If this is correct, more Big XII teams wouldn't impact the SEC's cut.

Also, I don't think BYU is a factor, but destabilizing the ACC might be.

HolyHandgernade 07-20-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8755303)

Scrolling through some of the theories, the B1G, PAC and SEC all want the B12 to go to 12 teams. They think the lack of the B12 having to put its champion through a CCG gives it an unfair advantage. Also, the CCGs build more hype for these bowls.

From my understanding, this game will not be in the "regular rotation", maybe once every three years. Dallas will be the home for the game, but it will alternate to New Orleans in years it is a national semi-final.

HolyHandgernade 07-20-2012 01:33 PM

Another perspective:

Quote:

Iceman is a well respected Texas fan and mesage board poster....

"People have tried to float the "CCG required" for the Champions Bowl rumor before. As of when the contracts were signed, it's not true. The Big XII owns 50% of the Champions Bowl. They're not going to agree to a rule that forces them to expand unless they're 100% guaranteed to get exactly whom they're targeting. That doesn't mean the contract couldn't be amended, but that doesn't pass the smell test.

As for expansion, as I've said from the beginning (for 3+ months now), it is highly highly unlikely the Big XII expands before the deadline to withdraw. Further, I've also said that the Big XII is pretty adverse to breaking major news during the football season. So, it's always looked like next year before mid-summer would be the timeline (likely in the late winter/early spring).

I know all the blog writing charlatans want people to believe there's all kinds of negotiations and discussions taking place behind closed doors, but that's just not the case. The Big XII has ZILCH to pitch FSU, GA Tech, Clemson, or others until the financial aspect of the playoff is known (#1), how SOS and conference champs are going to be emphasized w/ the selection committee (#2), what the final Big XII tv package is going to look like (#3), and what the financial ramifications of the Champions Bowl will be (#4).

All of those (especially #s 1-3) must be hammered out and signed, sealed, and delivered before the Big XII has anything to talk to anybody about. It's just going to take some time to get all of those details settled.

The Big XII is interested in GA Tech, that is true. However, the administrators at GA Tech are not interested in the Big XII at this juncture. It would take a really fantastic sales pitch to land them. It could happen, but I'd call that a significantly longer shot than FSU.

But, the Big XII knows that if it wants FSU, it absolutely has to land one of Clemson, GA Tech, or Miami as well. There are some key boosters at GA Tech that are strongly interested, and they're the ones that reached out to the Big XII about 2 months ago for information. So, anything could happen."

Saul Good 07-20-2012 01:51 PM

The first paragraph is baseless speculation. Of course the agreement could have come with stipulations.

alnorth 07-20-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8754714)
The Big 12 isn't adding Clemson. They simply aren't relevent. Time to move to new rumors.

Are you kidding? Aside from FSU and ND, Clemson would be one of the most attractive schools out there

mnchiefsguy 07-20-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8756327)
Are you kidding? Aside from FSU and ND, Clemson would be one of the most attractive schools out there

Hypocritson does not think Clemson's endowment is good enough.

alnorth 07-20-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8756347)

TV Ratings ought to trump endowment. They did very well on TV last year.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-20-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8756380)

Yeah, but he really likes endowedmen

mnchiefsguy 07-20-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8756380)

I would agree...I think Clemson would be a good addition to the Big XII.

Pitt Gorilla 07-20-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8756327)

KU fan claiming that Clemson isn't relevant in a football discussion is awesome.

DeezNutz 07-20-2012 07:54 PM

Clemson and FSU would easily be better additions to the Big IIX than TCU and WVU.

HolyHandgernade 07-20-2012 10:26 PM

If I were to paint my dream scenario assuming no ND:

SEC gets UNC and UVA

B12 gets FSU, Clemson, G Tech, V Tech, NC St and Louisville

SEC-Big12 Challenge over the first four weeks of the college season:

FSU-UF
GTech-UGA
Clemson-USC
NC St-UNC
VTech-UVA
Louisville-UK
UT-A&M
KU-MU
OU-Bama (Crimson and Cream vs Crimson Tide)
OSU-Tenn (Orange Crush)
ISU-Vanderbilt (We're in these conferences too!)
KSU-Auburn (Wildcats and Tigers)
TTech-Ole Miss (Red Raiders and Rebels)
Baylor-Miss St (Bears and Bulldogs)
WVU-LSU (Mountains and Swamps)
TCU-Arkansas (Jerry's Jumbo Jubilee)

Week 1:

East Coast Early: VTech-UVA
Noon: TTech-Ole Miss
Late Afternoon: TCU-Arkansas
Prime Time: WVU-LSU

Week 2:

East Coast Early: GTech-UGA
Noon: ISU-Vanderbilt
Late Afternoon: OSU-Tenn
Prime Time: OU-Bama

Week 3:

East Coast Early: NC St-UNC
Noon: Louisville-UK
Late Afternoon: KSU-Auburn
Prime Time: UT-A&M

Week 4:

East Coast Early: Clemson-USC
Noon: Baylor-Miss St
Late Afternoon: KU-MU
Prime Time: FSU-UF

Could you imagine the extra cash we could demand for that setup? That's a ratings bonanza ESPN couldn't refuse.

Saul Good 07-21-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8757107)

SEC gets UNC and UVA

FSU-UF
GTech-UGA
Clemson-USC
NC St-UNC
VTech-UVA
Louisville-UK
UT-A&M
KU-MU
OSU-Tenn (Orange Crush)

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3:

Week 4:

Could you imagine the extra cash we could demand for that setup? That's a ratings bonanza ESPN couldn't refuse.

JIMP

Trevo_410 07-21-2012 10:19 AM

mizzou better be playing a better school than kansas if that happens...

Sassy Squatch 07-21-2012 10:24 AM

Nah, id rather play Kansas in that scenario. Regardless of the feelings between us, its still a damn good rivalry.

Bambi 07-21-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8756774)
Clemson and FSU would easily be better additions to the Big IIX than TCU and WVU.

Weird, your conference doesn't seem to agree.

Bambi 07-21-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8756404)
KU fan claiming that Clemson isn't relevant in a football discussion is awesome.

The Big 12 isn't interested in them. The Big 12 is interested in Kansas.

I'm not making those decisions.

DeezNutz 07-21-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8757674)
Weird, your conference doesn't seem to agree.

What?

Bambi 07-21-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8756347)

Their endowment, their academic ranking, their athletic program. There are many reasons why Clemson isn't relevant to the Big 12.

I'll take it that the Big 12 is looking to the TV networks in deciding what to do and Clemson simply doesn't add any value to their contracts. Why divide the money up more ways when you would get the same check?

MU and A&M added no value either. If they did then why do we see an "increase" when it comes to payouts with the new Big 12 TV deal? You can't argue with numbers.

But I liked watching CJ Spiller when he was at Clemson. I'll enjoy watching them play in the ACC. But as we saw in last year's Orange Bowl, Clemson has a long way before being able to compete with the Big 12 football teams.

Bambi 07-21-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8757686)
What?

The SEC and the Big 12 have recently agreed on a bowl deal temporarily named the "Champions Bowl". This agreement was made after the additions of WVU and TCU (two high level BCS winning programs).

I can't say whether or not the same deal would have been made with the addition of FSU and Clemson. With FSU then no doubt it would have. Clemson I don't know....I just looked through their bowl performance over the couple decades and their isn't much to get excited about.

I think Clemson fits in well with the current ACC teams.

Bowser 07-21-2012 12:32 PM

LMAO

The fun never stops.

Bambi 07-21-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevo_410 (Post 8757490)
mizzou better be playing a better school than kansas if that happens...

What are you talking about? The programs have a virtual split in all time wins, neighbor each other, and while MU has more bowls KU has what MU fans have been hoping for to achieve for years.

If you have one of these challenge things the KU-MU is by far the best arrangement.

DeezNutz 07-21-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8757699)
The SEC and the Big 12 have recently agreed on a bowl deal temporarily named the "Champions Bowl". This agreement was made after the additions of WVU and TCU (two high level BCS winning programs).

I can't say whether or not the same deal would have been made with the addition of FSU and Clemson. With FSU then no doubt it would have. Clemson I don't know....I just looked through their bowl performance over the couple decades and their isn't much to get excited about.

I think Clemson fits in well with the current ACC teams.

Let's see what happens to TCU post-Patterson. This university could turn into Baylor-light in a flash.

There's absolutely no question that Clemson would be far more desirable than TCU. Not even remotely close.

Bambi 07-21-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8757107)

SEC gets UNC and UVA

FSU-UF
GTech-UGA
Clemson-USC
NC St-UNC
VTech-UVA
Louisville-UK
UT-A&M
KU-MU
OSU-Tenn (Orange Crush)

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3:

Week 4:

This does look pretty awesome.

Bambi 07-21-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8757707)
Let's see what happens to TCU post-Patterson. This university could turn into Baylor-light in a flash.

There's absolutely no question that Clemson would be far more desirable than TCU. Not even remotely close.

Fan base then yes, Clemson is better. Performance on the field then TCU is better.

The Big 12 really isn't interested in pushing forward one of these conference network setups similar to the B1G. The Big 12 wants to get the highest level of play on the field to boost their national appeal with big time games and high positions in bowls come post season. There's just no need to dilute the conference with a team like Clemson.

If things blow up for the ACC then sure why not. But I have been thinking for months that the ACC isn't going anywhere. I still think it's going to be around forever in some form or another. Thus it takes someone REALLY wanting Clemson in order for them to leave. That's not happening with the Big 12.

Trevo_410 07-21-2012 12:48 PM

You guys can't even sell a fourth of your tickets to a neutral site game against your prime rivals... no thanks, good riddance. You chose your path.

Bambi 07-21-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevo_410 (Post 8757723)
You guys can't even sell a fourth of your tickets to a neutral site game against your prime rivals... no thanks, good riddance. You chose your path.

Are you speaking of last years game? It was a calculated move by the fan base for the removal of the head coach...and it worked.

Good thing to because many of us were scared shitless when hapless Turner Gill was beating you at halftime. Thank God that didn't end up staying true. I can't go another year with Gill and his circus.

But if it never happens I'd be completely fine with it. Missouri chose to leave the conference and end the series. I'm just saying that if this completely dreamed up scenario that HH has made actually happened that the best economical setup would be to pit KU against MU. Doesn't matter much to me either way.

Bowser 07-21-2012 12:55 PM

Outside the Oklahoma schools, name one Big XII team Clemson couldn't stand up with.

Bambi 07-21-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8757732)
Outside the Oklahoma schools, name one Big XII team Clemson couldn't stand up with.

Here you go... I can't watch this mess again.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TsecYJ3338s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 07-21-2012 01:00 PM

So the Oklahoma schools and WVU.

Sounds like the rest of the Big XII.

Pitt Gorilla 07-21-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8757679)
The Big 12 isn't interested in them. The Big 12 is interested in Kansas.

I'm not making those decisions.

Any other conferences attempting to lure KU?

Pitt Gorilla 07-21-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8757702)
What are you talking about? The programs have a virtual split in all time wins, neighbor each other, and while MU has more bowls KU has what MU fans have been hoping for to achieve for years.

If you have one of these challenge things the KU-MU is by far the best arrangement.

KU is completely irrelevant in college football, which is the primary point in conference realignment. Zero reason for MU to play them.

qabbaan 07-21-2012 01:20 PM

I dont think that is true at all. When you play in a conference like the SEC you need a few cupcakes in the non-con to warm up with.

mnchiefsguy 07-21-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8757730)
Are you speaking of last years game? It was a calculated move by the fan base for the removal of the head coach...and it worked.

Good thing to because many of us were scared shitless when hapless Turner Gill was beating you at halftime. Thank God that didn't end up staying true. I can't go another year with Gill and his circus.

But if it never happens I'd be completely fine with it. Missouri chose to leave the conference and end the series. I'm just saying that if this completely dreamed up scenario that HH has made actually happened that the best economical setup would be to pit KU against MU. Doesn't matter much to me either way.

I call complete and utter bullshit on the bolded statement. Present some proof or GTFO.

Bambi 07-21-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8757753)
Any other conferences attempting to lure KU?

There was some articles posted a few months ago about the Big 10 looking to add KU back in the 90's. But I don't think KU has been contacted by anyone recently. Then again, as far as anyone knows KU never attempted to contact any other conferences...they seem to be completely happy with their home in the Big 12.

Bambi 07-21-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8757786)
I call complete and utter bullshit on the bolded statement. Present some proof or GTFO.

I don't give a shit what you believe. Fact is that it worked.

Bambi 07-21-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8757757)
KU is completely irrelevant in college football, which is the primary point in conference realignment. Zero reason for MU to play them.

I'm fine with that. Couldn't care less if KU ever played MU again. There's absolutely zero cache in beating you. KU has done it half the time over the last 100 years and I don't really see what it has got them.

qabbaan 07-21-2012 01:32 PM

What a bunch of bs. Nobody showed up because the team sucks balls, and they didn't want to sit there and watch them lose to their rival.

Bambi 07-21-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8757805)
What a bunch of bs. Nobody showed up because the team sucks balls, and they didn't want to sit there and watch them lose to their rival.

KU had about the same amount of people for the spring game this year as they did for Gill's last game. It was obviously about the coach. The numbers don't lie. KU fans love their teams and always will. Coaches on the other hand...

Saul Good 07-21-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8757730)

That sucks, dude. I'm glad that our AD isn't so incompetent that 15,000 people at a football game could have blinded him into thinking that Gill was a good coach.

Bambi 07-21-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8757839)
That sucks, dude. I'm glad that our AD isn't so incompetent that 15,000 people at a football game could have blinded him into thinking that Gill was a good coach.

Many suspect SZ was going to fire Gill anyway being that the whole "not my guy" scenario was underway. Had KU ended up holding to the lead and winning would he have kept Gill? I doubt it. But the showing of the fans was a uniting force that made the entire process that much easier.

Now the players, fans and administration couldn't be more excited about the staff SZ has brought in.

Perkins got KU fans what they wanted and now we have a new AD looking to create his own legacy. Should be a fun season for KU fans to watch the team grow and come together. Judging by the amount of posts in the 2012 KU Football thread I'd say the interest level is extremely high.

Saul Good 07-21-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8757852)
Judging by the amount of posts in the 2012 KU Football thread I'd say the interest level is extremely high.

Interest level is almost too high. I mean, what if you want to attend every KU home game, but you don't have $66?

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/...ootballTix.jpg

Bambi 07-21-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8757885)
Interest level is almost too high. I mean, what if you want to attend every KU home game, but you don't have $66?

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/...ootballTix.jpg

The KU fan just got off a Final Four run so many are probably busy recovering from the amount they spent traveling and purchasing tickets.

Championship game tickets aren't cheap.

But I wouldn't worry, if Weis can get the team back to its winning ways I'm sure the sell out crowds that packed Memorial Stadium will be back in no time. He has to prove himself first, that's how it works in sports generally.

Bambi 07-21-2012 02:52 PM

Seems ticket prices are on a lot of fan bases minds lately.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg13/...ng&res=landing

Bowser 07-21-2012 02:53 PM

LMAO

mnchiefsguy 07-21-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8757852)
Many suspect SZ was going to fire Gill anyway being that the whole "not my guy" scenario was underway. Had KU ended up holding to the lead and winning would he have kept Gill? I doubt it. But the showing of the fans was a uniting force that made the entire process that much easier.

Now the players, fans and administration couldn't be more excited about the staff SZ has brought in.

Perkins got KU fans what they wanted and now we have a new AD looking to create his own legacy. Should be a fun season for KU fans to watch the team grow and come together. Judging by the amount of posts in the 2012 KU Football thread I'd say the interest level is extremely high.

If the bolded part is true, there would be no need to organize a boycott of the game at Arrowhead.

Hypocritson is proven a liar once again.

Saul Good 07-21-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8757895)
The KU fan just got off a Final Four run so many are probably busy recovering from the amount they spent traveling and purchasing tickets.

Championship game tickets aren't cheap.

But I wouldn't worry, if Weis can get the team back to its winning ways I'm sure the sell out crowds that packed Memorial Stadium will be back in no time. He has to prove himself first, that's how it works in sports generally.

The cheapest Ohio State ticket goes for 150% of the cost of the entire Kansas season's worth.

Bambi 07-21-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8757917)
The cheapest Ohio State ticket goes for 150% of the cost of the entire Kansas season's worth.

Ohio State has about 150% the enrollment and alumni base of KU.

Just can't let us go can you?

Bambi 07-21-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8757915)
If the bolded part is true, there would be no need to organize a boycott of the game at Arrowhead.

Hypocritson is proven a liar once again.

What can I say? KU fans are united with their administration.

Saul Good 07-21-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8757948)
Ohio State has about 150% the enrollment and alumni base of KU.

Just can't let us go can you?

So that's why their opener is going for over $110 and yours is the price of a gallon of gas?

Saul Good 07-21-2012 03:42 PM

Kentucky Wildcats season tickets start at $450 (smaller school than KU).

Bambi 07-21-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8757952)
So that's why their opener is going for over $110 and yours is the price of a gallon of gas?

Who knows? Maybe they're just taking the loss to KU a little on the rough side and just can't wait to get football season started.

Saul Good 07-21-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8757956)
Who knows? Maybe they're just taking the loss to KU a little on the rough side and just can't wait to get football season started.

That's probably it.

Bambi 07-21-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8757959)
That's probably it.

Cool. Keep me updated though Saul. Whenever I need pertinent KU info you're always my go-to.

mnchiefsguy 07-21-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8757962)
Cool. Keep me updated though Saul. Whenever I need pertinent KU info you're always my go-to.

Rag on Saul all you want, you brought it on yourself by lying and making stupid statements.

Bambi 07-21-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8757999)
Rag on Saul all you want, you brought it on yourself by lying and making stupid statements.

I'm sorry? What did I lie about?

Pasta Little Brioni 07-21-2012 06:43 PM

So, every KU fan went to the Final 4 games ROFL You keep saying they don't have money to buy tickets. Is your fanbase only 20 K strong?

ArrowheadHawk 07-21-2012 06:46 PM

I personally like the cheap tickets. Make it easier to convince the wife to let me go to the games.

Bambi 07-21-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8758185)
So, every KU fan went to the Final 4 games ROFL You keep saying they don't have money to buy tickets. Is your fanbase only 20 K strong?

I'm sure thousands of KU fans have bought tickets to the games this year.

Saul Good 07-21-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8758208)
I'm sure thousands of KU fans have bought tickets to the games this year.

That's like eight grand right there.

Bambi 07-21-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8758235)
That's like eight grand right there.

I wouldn't know, just a hunch. I don't work at the KU ticket office. I'm sure they'll let you know when ticket sales become an issue so you can inform us all here in this thread.

Bambi 07-21-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8758191)
I personally like the cheap tickets. Make it easier to convince the wife to let me go to the games.

When I go to McDonalds here in New York a #3 costs me nearly $10.

In Lawrence, KS it doesn't cost me nearly that much. But it sure tastes the same.

Saul Good 07-21-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8758250)
When I go to McDonalds here in New York a #3 costs me nearly $10.

In Lawrence, KS it doesn't cost me nearly that much. But it sure tastes the same.

Ten bucks? You could get two tickets to the home opener with a couple bucks left over for that. Not a bad deal, really. I mean, the fries are pretty good.

Bambi 07-21-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8758257)
Ten bucks? You could get two tickets to the home opener with a couple bucks left over for that. Not a bad deal, really. I mean, the fries are pretty good.

Add in another $5 and I'm going to Mizzou's home opener as well. Everyone wins!

Titty Meat 07-21-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8758257)

Don't forget and leave at halftime.