ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***** OFFICIAL 2014 KANSAS FOOTBALL THREAD ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279499)

ArrowheadHawk 09-29-2014 08:54 AM

Why you so damn negative Reerun? If it's so bad you can quit carring about football.

Buehler445 09-29-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10957218)
Any job in a Power 5 Conference is a good job. There are only 65 or so HC jobs available in the Power 5. That's not a stepping stone - that's arriving. You just have to be willing to work harder to achieve success at a basketball school like ku.

I'd love to believe you, but if a guy comes in and gets the program bowl eligible in 3 years he will probably move on.

But you did hit the nail on the head. Dude has to work.

Saul Good 09-29-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10957257)
I'd love to believe you, but if a guy comes in and gets the program bowl eligible in 3 years he will probably move on.

That would be a great problem to have.

ChiTown 09-29-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Not if that guy is Bowen. You WANT that guy to succeed. A Lawrence Native and ku grad.....that's your guy, IF he has the capability and tools to succeed.

Mr. Plow 09-29-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

I look at it this way.

If said guy comes in and gets the team bowl eligible in 3-5 years, then takes a better job at a better program, we will still be on the upside. We'd have a *fairly* stable program at that point, and a new (possibly better) coach isn't going to look at KU and go "Hell no!"

I'd see us with a better possibility of getting a good coach in at KU then I do right now. It's a mess and it's going to take someone willing to put in the hard work & be dedicated to the program to turn it around.

Reerun_KC 09-29-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 10957253)
Why you so damn negative Reerun? If it's so bad you can quit carring about football.

I watched the game Saturday... I earned the right to be negative about Kansas's don't give a shit about the football program attitude if I want.

I watched a shit ton of the Radio and Buttfront era games, I can bitch if I god damn well want to...

Until the turn this shit around, they don't deserve any praise for continually allowing this football program to be a shit fest on Saturdays.

Reerun_KC 09-29-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10957270)
Not if that guy is Bowen. You WANT that guy to succeed. A Lawrence Native and ku grad.....that's your guy, IF he has the capability and tools to succeed.

Well a new era has started in Lawrence. So lets see how we look come Saturday...

Bambi 09-29-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10957194)
Will Kansas ever step up and get someone legit or will we flounder around with junk and keep the program on the verge of being cancelled at any moment out of respect for the fans?

You're ****ing reeruned. They had two bad coaches in a row. It's not the end of the world.

Just leave and squawk your noise elsewhere.

sedated 09-29-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10957302)
I look at it this way.

If said guy comes in and gets the team bowl eligible in 3-5 years, then takes a better job at a better program, we will still be on the upside. We'd have a *fairly* stable program at that point, and a new (possibly better) coach isn't going to look at KU and go "Hell no!"

I'd see us with a better possibility of getting a good coach in at KU then I do right now. It's a mess and it's going to take someone willing to put in the hard work & be dedicated to the program to turn it around.

Not to continue the negativity, but that was the exact scenario when Gill was hired.

Reerun_KC 09-29-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10957376)
You're ****ing reeruned. They had two bad coaches in a row. It's not the end of the world.

Just leave and squawk your noise elsewhere.

:harumph:

No!

Bambi 09-29-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 10957197)
My favorite Bowen Quote "Anyone who would consider this job a stepping stone is an idiot!"

This guy would make KU his life. Whether or not he has the talent is yet to be seen but I would have no problem with a Lawrence High grad as our coach for the next 20 years.

Weis had very little connection to the university and his "pro" approach to running the program simply didn't work.

Bowen is young but he's getting a great opportunity here. I don't think the talent is completely bare right now so it'll be interesting to watch how he inspires play.

Reerun_KC 09-29-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10957387)
This guy would make KU his life. Whether or not he has the talent is yet to be seen but I would have no problem with a Lawrence High grad as our coach for the next 20 years.

Weis had very little connection to the university and his "pro" approach to running the program simply didn't work.

Bowen is young but he's getting a great opportunity here. I don't think the talent is completely bare right now so it'll be interesting to watch how he inspires play.

I feel that Weis left Bowen with more talent than Radio left Weis....

Saul Good 09-29-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10957390)

That is very debatable.

Bambi 09-29-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10957390)

I think so too. I don't know if it's enough that simply changing coaches and having the guys play harder is going to make it show.

BUT, remember also that most of the best players (Heeney, Pierson, etc) are Gill recruits. So although I think the team is better right now I don't know how much Weis is responsible for it.

We're going to have to see next year how some of Weis' freshmen this year and 2015 recruits work out.

Mr. Plow 09-29-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 10957377)
Not to continue the negativity, but that was the exact scenario when Gill was hired.

Yeah. I know. I just see Gill as a horrible decision. I think there were better possibilities out there that we could have pursued (my memory maybe affected by alcohol). I'm not thinking we were able to just grab whatever coach we wanted, but I think we could have found someone better suited than Gill.