ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234627)

Frazod 06-19-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9764009)
them women.

It's a curse. :)

ThaVirus 06-20-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 9763733)
I don't think I'll understand that justice league movie. I mean, how will batman be useful when you have Supes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9763781)
Same way Black Widow will be useful when you have The Hulk.

Well The Avengers fought against much lesser "baddies". The Hulk and Thor were literally tearing through waves of those alien things and we all saw what the Hulk did to the main villain (see: rape).

With so many of the Justice League members being overpowered, we would never see such weak villains in a JL film. It would likely be a Darkseid level threat or something similar in which, physically speaking, Batman would be utterly and completely useless.

With that said, Bats is a great mind. He's got the tech and tactical ability to remain somewhat useful. I'm not sure it would be cool to see a movie with Batman in a control room somewhere as opposed to the frontlines though.

kysirsoze 06-20-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9762139)
Spoiler!

Posted via Mobile Device

Spoiler!

kysirsoze 06-20-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9762715)
Spoiler!

I was making excuses for this movie for the first hour before I just couldn't anymore. No one wanted this movie to be great any more than I did. That fact is admittedly why I'm so hard on it. I'm pissed because I don't think it would be that hard to make an extremely compelling modern Superman movie, but WB is so bad at handling it's properties (Dark Knight trilogy notwithstanding), I may never see one. What I wanted was for this to do for Superman what Batman Begins did for Batman. It didn't. Not even close.

Spoiler!

kysirsoze 06-20-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 9763733)
I don't think I'll understand that justice league movie. I mean, how will batman be useful when you have Supes?

Batman's use to the Justice League is primarily his mind. He's the world's greatest detective. He also is great at finding weaknesses in seemingly unstoppable opponents.

-King- 06-20-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9765476)
Spoiler!

Stopped reading right there.

Deberg_1990 06-20-2013 07:20 PM

Good grief, can't some of you guys just lighten up and enjoy the movie? It's a movie about a superpowered alien who's indestructible and can fly, yet you fell the need to question and critique every little detail?

tk13 06-20-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9765684)
Good grief, can't some of you guys just lighten up and enjoy the movie? It's a movie about a superpowered alien who's indestructible and can fly, yet you fell the need to question and critique every little detail?

It is a bit strange. I don't think this film or Dark Knight Rises are the greatest movies of all time... but recently the level of criticism has reached a point where people are picking apart these movies at an extreme level now.

DanBecky 06-20-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9765684)

Naw man. Not enough emotion. Needed to see more tears, yelling, anguish. Shit sucked. Jk :D

Deberg_1990 06-20-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9765692)
It is a bit strange. I don't think this film or Dark Knight Rises are the greatest movies of all time... but recently the level of criticism has reached a point where people are picking apart these movies at an extreme level now.

Agreed. It's getting ridiculous. It's not a perfect movie, but it's well made and a hell of a lot of fun.

L.A. Chieffan 06-20-2013 08:16 PM

I found it completely without charm and void of any likability. Well made? I guess, but who cares?

Deberg_1990 06-20-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9765834)
I found it completely without charm and void of any likability.

oh well...

Gravedigger 06-20-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9765697)
Agreed. It's getting ridiculous. It's not a perfect movie, but it's well made and a hell of a lot of fun.

True, if the original 80's films looked like this I would've shit my pants as a kid. We really show our age when we sit there and say, "The 80's films were sooooo much better!"

-King- 06-20-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9765504)
I was making excuses for this movie for the first hour before I just couldn't anymore. No one wanted this movie to be great any more than I did. That fact is admittedly why I'm so hard on it. I'm pissed because I don't think it would be that hard to make an extremely compelling modern Superman movie, but WB is so bad at handling it's properties (Dark Knight trilogy notwithstanding), I may never see one. What I wanted was for this to do for Superman what Batman Begins did for Batman. It didn't. Not even close.

What did Batman Begins have that Man of Steel didn't?

And it's much much much easier to make a batman movie than it is to make a superman movie. One is about a human that has to rely on gadgets, and one is about an alien who has basically every superpower in the world and only one weakness.

-King- 06-20-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9766355)
True, if the original 80's films looked like this I would've shit my pants as a kid. We really show our age when we sit there and say, "The 80's films were sooooo much better!"

LMAO