ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

Setsuna 11-22-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8133917)
it really doesn't do much. i play on master. 1 shot 90% of the game. taking more hits to kill things doesn't make it harder really. great game but they made it very easy. the quests are all very easy to beat.

To each his own. But I feel like you aren't contributing by saying such things when all of us don't care.

Mr. Laz 11-22-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8132780)
That's weird. I killed a dragon, sucked his soul and immediately went to unlock the fire breath Thu'um and it still said I needed dragon souls to unlock it. We'll see what happens after Greybeards, that's my next step.

It says that even if you have a dragon already ... look at the bottom and you will see that it says 'hit R key to unlock'

you have to manually unlock shouts

I guess they figure you might only have 1 dragon soul and 2 shouts. Then you can choose which shout to spend the dragon soul on.

Pants 11-22-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8133946)
It says that even if you have a dragon already ... look at the bottom and you will see that it says 'hit R key to unlock'

you have to manually unlock shouts

I guess they figure you might only have 1 dragon soul and 2 shouts. Then you can choose which shout to spend the dragon soul on.

Oh OK, maybe I missed it. I thought I went to unlock it and it said I required dragon souls to do so.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8133610)
Also, I am Level 30 (I think, haven't played since they made the patch) and I've never even seen a ****ing horse.

There are stables outside every major city. :spock:

I am obsessed with stealing horses in Elder Scrolls games. It's my FIRST priority.

Pants 11-22-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 8133981)
There are stables outside every major city. :spock:

I am obsessed with stealing horses in Elder Scrolls games. It's my FIRST priority.

Some bandits settled in a little cavern right outside of Whiterun and had a horse and a wagon. I obviously rid the society of those scumbags and had a horse all to myself for a while. A ****ing sabercat killed it, though.

I don't want to buy one just because you discover and appreciate so much more shit on foot. I'll get one eventually.

Mr. Laz 11-22-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8133975)
Oh OK, maybe I missed it. I thought I went to unlock it and it said I required dragon souls to do so.

it does ... but then it still has the button down at the bottom to unlock it.

at least it does for me and i have like 5 dragon souls waiting around to unlock the next shout.

Frazod 11-22-2011 07:25 PM

The horses are annoying and stupid. One of the cat people hopped off his horse and attacked me - I promptly dispatched him and took his horse, then it charged off after the first bandits I came across and got greased by two arrows. Stupid ****.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2011 07:26 PM

Battle of the Peak

Full set

Hammock Parties 11-22-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8134006)
The horses are annoying and stupid. One of the cat people hopped off his horse and attacked me - I promptly dispatched him and took his horse, then it charged off after the first bandits I came across and got greased by two arrows. Stupid ****.

Dark Brotherhood horse is practically immortal.

Pants 11-22-2011 07:30 PM

Ya, they really should have added a way to make you horse stay put.

Mr. Laz 11-22-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8134006)

The only horse i've ever had charge into the middle of a battle i was in with a pack of wolves. My AOE fire attack clipped him and he turned on me so i had to kill him.

stupid beast

Frazod 11-22-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8134022)
Ya, they really should have added a way to make you horse stay put.

Seriously - the damn thing should be able to follow simple commands. Like STAY. I'm fairly sure the real ones can be trained in such a manner.

Pants 11-22-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8134025)
Seriously - the damn thing should be able to follow simple commands. Like STAY. I'm fairly sure the real ones can be trained in such a manner.

The real ones can also be tied to a damn tree. Or maybe just tweak the behavior a little so it won't freaking charge into the thick of things... either way, it was completely avoidable.

Frazod 11-22-2011 07:36 PM

****ing Steam is ****ed up again - I can't log onto the game. I ****ING HATE STEAM 4321

I really should just hard install it, but I don't know if I'll lose my saved games if I do that.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2011 07:41 PM

You don't even need to use Steam to launch the game. Just double-click the exe from the game folder. (not the launcher)