ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9529850)
The Gov is going to end up with the baby while everyone else thinks that she perished.

That is something that could be brought back in a later episode for a huge HOLY SHIT moment.

The biggest holy shit moment will be when the Gov unveils he has Sharktopus under his command.

lcarus 03-26-2013 11:41 AM

Man right when Merle became the character I had the most interest in, he dies. Sucks! Great episode though.

mcaj22 03-26-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

The Gov is going to end up with the baby while everyone else thinks that she perished.

That is something that could be brought back in a later episode for a huge HOLY SHIT moment.

so essentially the synopsis of the season finale of Sons of Anarchy. That was their holy shit moment one season.

bowener 03-26-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9529759)
Apparently your first post was serious. Wow. Ok, here it goes. Follow along. Morgan is on his way to the prison, where Rick told him they'd be. Don't understand how it's a stretch of reality to assume he comes across this.

Jesus, I didn't think you were serious. If he is on his way to the prison, something tells me he would stop at the prison. I doubt he would continue driving passed the prison for no reason and then on top of that, happen upon the noise thing in the middle of a damn field, which if I remember correctly, had no road going to it, the trucks just drove over the pasture to get to it.

Also, I think Morgan would have/should have shown up in the last episode if he had driven his ass all the way out there. And how would Morgan know that this is a bad thing that needs destroyed? He made similar traps at his home with the wires and spears. If anything, I think he would admire it instead of immediately intuit that this is a bad thing, and that this bad thing is going to hurt Rick and his son. Morgan didn't do it, Milton did. I have no idea why I am still arguing my point. You guys have far more faith in chance than I do apparently.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 01:07 PM

JFC they did everything, but tell us (which they did as well after the show) it was Milton that burned em yet we still get batshit conspiracy theories heh.

aturnis 03-26-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9530695)
Jesus, I didn't think you were serious. If he is on his way to the prison, something tells me he would stop at the prison. I doubt he would continue driving passed the prison for no reason and then on top of that, happen upon the noise thing in the middle of a damn field, which if I remember correctly, had no road going to it, the trucks just drove over the pasture to get to it.

Also, I think Morgan would have/should have shown up in the last episode if he had driven his ass all the way out there. And how would Morgan know that this is a bad thing that needs destroyed? He made similar traps at his home with the wires and spears. If anything, I think he would admire it instead of immediately intuit that this is a bad thing, and that this bad thing is going to hurt Rick and his son. Morgan didn't do it, Milton did. I have no idea why I am still arguing my point. You guys have far more faith in chance than I do apparently.

So now you, and you alone, know the location of the prison in relation to Woodbury, and Morgans town?

dred 03-26-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9530791)
So now you, and you alone, know the location of the prison in relation to Woodbury, and Morgans town?

Just googled it. LMAO

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...3cdd937ab6cb68

seaofred 03-26-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9530801)

That is funny... ROFL

KC_Connection 03-26-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

I like it. Don't think that's going to happen, though.

frankotank 03-26-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9527775)
Anyone else notice Merle driving two different hoopty's before the gun scene?

How does shit like that make it through the editing?

well...I noticed it was filthy as hell when he hotwired it...you could barely see out the windows....then later....I thought, welp he went thru a carwash I guess!

frankotank 03-26-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9528035)
Bingo. That's exactly what I was thinking when they were in the car. Michonne played off that really well, but I think she was even surprised when he let her go.

The entire episode you can see him struggling with himself and what he was especially with the interaction with Darryl.

I watched a little bit of the Talking Dead and one of the directors said something really interesting, he said the sad thing is Darryl and the rest of the group will never know what Merle did for them. Basically sacrificing himself for Darryl and the group by evening the odds.

well....Darryl saw fresh dead bodies and fresh dead walkers. he certainly knew a battle had taken place and he certainly knew Merle had taken out several of them.

frankotank 03-26-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 9529797)
A page from the comic to show how twisted the governor really is. Doesn't spoil anything from the show.

Spoiler!

yeah I mentioned this a while ago......
don't forget that....
Spoiler!

bowener 03-26-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9530791)

As it has been pointed out, no, not me alone.

aturnis 03-26-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9530695)

Also, why would he need motive to burn them? It's his thing. CLEAR.

I guess you would have to completely suspend belief in order to believe it was Milton. The guy who can't handle one single walker, let alone the thought of going over the wall alone. Not to mention how on earth did he sneak out of Woodbury with his gasoline and very large SUV without raising questions. As soon as the pits were discovered burnt, Martinez and his boys would know exactly who did it. The only thing we learned was that it wasn't Tyreese, and the Governor suspects Milton.

If it was Milton, it opens huge plot holes. If it was Morgan, zero plot holes.

aturnis 03-26-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9531042)
As it has been pointed out, no, not me alone.

You realize that is a map of the actual locations where the scenes were shot don't you? That is not where things actually are in this television show story.

Unless Rick, Michonne and Carl took the LONG way around when they got stuck on their way to Morgan's town.

Maybe you haven't looked at the spoiler for next week. Called it.

bowener 03-26-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9531211)
You realize that is a map of the actual locations where the scenes were shot don't you? That is not where things actually are in this television show story.

Unless Rick, Michonne and Carl took the LONG way around when they got stuck on their way to Morgan's town.

If it is Morgan, like I said before, they really had better do a lot of explaining. I'm fine with it being him, if they can do it in a plausible sensible way. Just stumbling upon it is awful and lazy. If he has been watching for weeks, and meticulously noting the goings-on, then I'm fine with it. But thinking a guy who knows almost nothing of what is going on stumbles across something by chance and decides to burn the walkers on a hunch/whim is weak.

edit: What spoiler? Send me to a link.

And this map is something I came across when I started reading the books a few years back. It is not filming locations.

notorious 03-26-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9529872)
The biggest holy shit moment will be when the Gov unveils he has Sharktopus under his command.

Undead Sharktopus or GTFO.

lcarus 03-26-2013 07:01 PM

I thought it could be Morgan that burned the pit of zombies too. We know he burned piles of them with gasoline at his place. I'd have to rewatch the scene again, but was the gasoline canister the same one Morgan had at his place? I know they showed it when Rick and Carl walked by the burnt zombie pile.

TrickyNicky 03-26-2013 07:10 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-l698Qdrklq...00/Merle+1.png

I'm not an action figure guy, but this is ****ing awesome.

notorious 03-26-2013 07:49 PM

Damn, just think if a good game programmer made a "Walking Dead" universe. You could have millions of players roaming the US, making their own groups, killing zombies, raiding supplies, etc.

It would be awesome. Sigh.

aturnis 03-26-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9531218)
If it is Morgan, like I said before, they really had better do a lot of explaining. I'm fine with it being him, if they can do it in a plausible sensible way. Just stumbling upon it is awful and lazy. If he has been watching for weeks, and meticulously noting the goings-on, then I'm fine with it. But thinking a guy who knows almost nothing of what is going on stumbles across something by chance and decides to burn the walkers on a hunch/whim is weak.

edit: What spoiler? Send me to a link.

And this map is something I came across when I started reading the books a few years back. It is not filming locations.

Don't know what that map is, but the show is set in Georgia so...

Again, his burning of the zombies has ZERO to do with a hunch or whim. He has taken on "CLEARING" the zombies as his personal duty. Did you notice him burning bodies back in his town? Hello?

Again, this "stumble upon" thing is terrible. Maybe you didn't see his last episode, he is METICULOUS in what he does. His entire town was a booby trap and his every escape route was color coated, complete with arrows leading him to safety painted on the ground, to ladders and doors of matching color. So what makes you think he just simply drive all carefree to the prison in his seriously paranoid state of mind? He doesn't even trust living human beings. He wouldn't just drive. I'm sure very time he came over a hill he, in his paranoia, he scouted the situation ahead. This man is not exactly stable anymore. The only thing that would have needed to be happen is him seeing the Woodbury group before they saw him.

The fact that you find this to be an amazing stretch has me wondering how you watch this show. With Merle just stumbling upon Glenn and Maggie, Otis stumbling upon Sophie, Michonne just finding the prison like it was nothing, the Governor just so happened to know where Andrea would approach the prison from, hip fire head shots etc.

The "spoiler" is:

Spoiler!

dred 03-26-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9531211)

Not to mention the fact that the prison is actually located on the other end of Hershel's property.

I'd love to drive down there and check out some of the shoot locations some day.

Carlota69 03-26-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9531685)

Again, his burning of the zombies has ZERO to do with a hunch or whim. He has taken on "CLEARING" the zombies as his personal duty. Did you notice him burning bodies back in his town? Hello?

Again, this "stumble upon" thing is terrible. Maybe you didn't see his last episode, he is METICULOUS in what he does. His entire town was a booby trap and his every escape route was color coated, complete with arrows leading him to safety painted on the ground, to ladders and doors of matching color. So what makes you think he just simply drive all carefree to the prison in his seriously paranoid state of mind? He doesn't even trust living human beings. He wouldn't just drive. I'm sure very time he came over a hill he, in his paranoia, he scouted the situation ahead. This man is not exactly stable anymore. The only thing that would have needed to be happen is him seeing the Woodbury group before they saw him.

The fact that you find this to be an amazing stretch has me wondering how you watch this show. With Merle just stumbling upon Glenn and Maggie, Otis stumbling upon Sophie, Michonne just finding the prison like it was nothing, the Governor just so happened to know where Andrea would approach the prison from, hip fire head shots etc.

The "spoiler" is:

Spoiler!

I just got into this show recently, and basically did my own marathon. I'm lost on how you know all this about Morgan. Wasnt he just in the first episode? I don't recall all this detail about him...however, I have wondered whether been.

mcaj22 03-26-2013 09:00 PM

lets be honest how the **** did the governer find andrea in the woods with that truck and chase her

by random chance? luck? i mean Andrea saw him looking for her, she had the woods as cover to her advantage, and shes out in an open field at the same exact time he plans to drive it.

and THEN he catches he right before shes about to walk out to the fence in the prison, at the exact same spot, she could have came out of that treeline from anywhere

hes right, the whole season is just "random stumbling chances" and they make it seem the prison and woodbury are a block away from each other at points and then real far away with some feeds and houses in between at other points

so the Morgan thing is plausible. What isnt plausible with the Morgan thing is that is Ricks hometown and the prison and Rick's hometown, where Morgan is, is a very very very far drive. Theres no iPhone, or GPS in this world, so you have to be a perfect ****ing navigator to pinpoint these spots with that kind of distance.

suspending a lot of belief this season to make these story arcs work. But hey that's pile of shit AMC for you and most likely why you have 2 showrunners quit in 3 seasons

aturnis 03-26-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9531786)
I just got into this show recently, and basically did my own marathon. I'm lost on how you know all this about Morgan. Wasnt he just in the first episode? I don't recall all this detail about him...however, I have wondered whether been.

Are you up to speed this season? B/c his character was pretty transparent this season.

aturnis 03-26-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9531818)
lets be honest how the **** did the governer find andrea in the woods with that truck and chase her

by random chance? luck? i mean Andrea saw him looking for her, she had the woods as cover to her advantage, and shes out in an open field at the same exact time he plans to drive it.

and THEN he catches he right before shes about to walk out to the fence in the prison, at the exact same spot, she could have came out of that treeline from anywhere

hes right, the whole season is just "random stumbling chances" and they make it seem the prison and woodbury are a block away from each other at points and then real far away with some feeds and houses in between at other points

so the Morgan thing is plausible. What isnt plausible with the Morgan thing is that is Ricks hometown and the prison and Rick's hometown, where Morgan is, is a very very very far drive. Theres no iPhone, or GPS in this world, so you have to be a perfect ****ing navigator to pinpoint these spots with that kind of distance.

suspending a lot of belief this season to make these story arcs work. But hey that's pile of shit AMC for you and most likely why you have 2 showrunners quit in 3 seasons

Agree mostly. I am lost though as to your point about gps?

bowener 03-26-2013 10:42 PM

I'm still positive Milton did it. As for Morgan appearing, he very well may be in the last episode. I know in the past previous actors have been listed as appearing in an episode when in actuality they never did. And yes, I have noticed all the random chance, and it blows. It is poor writing. The comic is much tighter and better all around. I can't figure out why they would stray so far from it. Whatever. I watch this show with passing interest now anyway, which is clear to see from a ton of my previous posts over the past seasons. AMC had a golden chance to produce something awesome, and instead they have dumped a dumbed down cheap imitation of a great story. I wish HBO had taken the opportunity to produce this; holy shit that would have been amazing. At least this week they finally figured out how to grow a character and to show depth, only to kill him off for a cheap shock factor. There is no reason they can't do that with every character, and why they couldn't do it all along. Oh well, I will watch next weeks finale (after GoT season opener of course), and be disappointed.

I'm sure it is clear, I don't really care if it is Milton or Morgan, but if it is Morgan it is cheap and lazy writing unless they spend some time explaining all of it. However, if it is Milton it is considerably better writing as they will show his character grow a bit from a little meek turd to a somewhat defiant individual man with balls who took action at considerable risk to himself. That is why I want it to be Milton, and why it should be Milton.

Bump 03-26-2013 11:52 PM

so watching the walking dead this week, recording the marathon. Gonna try to squeeze it all in before finale, gonna be tough.

But I'm halfway through first season again, it's almost better the second time around. Some references that I forgot, become clear now. Like with Merle saying to the governor "I WILL NEVER BEG YOU" he says that in the pilot while handcuffed on the roof after praying to god "I WILL NEVER BEG YOU GOD"

heh

Deberg_1990 03-27-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9532162)
I'm still positive Milton did it. As for Morgan appearing, he very well may be in the last episode. I know in the past previous actors have been listed as appearing in an episode when in actuality they never did. And yes, I have noticed all the random chance, and it blows. It is poor writing. The comic is much tighter and better all around. I can't figure out why they would stray so far from it. Whatever. I watch this show with passing interest now anyway, which is clear to see from a ton of my previous posts over the past seasons. AMC had a golden chance to produce something awesome, and instead they have dumped a dumbed down cheap imitation of a great story. I wish HBO had taken the opportunity to produce this; holy shit that would have been amazing. At least this week they finally figured out how to grow a character and to show depth, only to kill him off for a cheap shock factor. There is no reason they can't do that with every character, and why they couldn't do it all along. Oh well, I will watch next weeks finale (after GoT season opener of course), and be disappointed.

I'm sure it is clear, I don't really care if it is Milton or Morgan, but if it is Morgan it is cheap and lazy writing unless they spend some time explaining all of it. However, if it is Milton it is considerably better writing as they will show his character grow a bit from a little meek turd to a somewhat defiant individual man with balls who took action at considerable risk to himself. That is why I want it to be Milton, and why it should be Milton.

Pretty much agree with all this, although i still watch it and enojoy it quite a bit. I just take it for what it is. Corny, B level fun.

I think Darabont was originally wanting to build something deeper, but for whatever reason, it never worked out with him.

bevischief 03-27-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9530741)
JFC they did everything, but tell us (which they did as well after the show) it was Milton that burned em yet we still get batshit conspiracy theories heh.

I agree.

bevischief 03-27-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9532424)
Pretty much agree with all this, although i still watch it and enojoy it quite a bit. I just take it for what it is. Corny, B level fun.

I think Darabont was originally wanting to build something deeper, but for whatever reason, it never worked out with him.

AMC was being cheap.

penguinz 03-27-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9531685)

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...d3ecc55ac63583 is based off the comics not the TV show.

Carlota69 03-27-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9532116)
Are you up to speed this season? B/c his character was pretty transparent this season.

I'm totally caught up and I don't see what you're talking about. I wondered what happened to guy at the beginning of the show, but I forgot his name until reading this thread. I don't see how he was transparent at all. Now, him burning the walkers is a great way to bring him back, but I don't see what how he was involved this season at all.

Fire Me Boy! 03-27-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9532459)
I'm totally caught up and I don't see what you're talking about. I wondered what happened to guy at the beginning of the show, but I forgot his name until reading this thread. I don't see how he was transparent at all. Now, him burning the walkers is a great way to bring him back, but I don't see what how he was involved this season at all.

Are you sure you're caught up on the episodes this season? Maybe you missed an episode?

Spoiler!

Pasta Little Brioni 03-27-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9531591)
Damn, just think if a good game programmer made a "Walking Dead" universe. You could have millions of players roaming the US, making their own groups, killing zombies, raiding supplies, etc.

It would be awesome. Sigh.

That would have potential to be amazing.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-27-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Dude, it's a show about people turning into ****ing zombies. That kind of puts the damper on "logic"

Fire Me Boy! 03-27-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9532476)
Dude, it's a show about people turning into ****ing zombies. That kind of puts the damper on "logic"

No, it doesn't. There's an internal logic to every show (it's called the willing suspension of disbelief). It's the reason we can accept that in the Superman world, it's perfectly OK that there's a guy from another planet that can fly. The writers set up the world, and they work within the rules of that world.

It's one of the reasons the writers of LOST were so brilliant. They set up a world where those rules don't exist, so they were able to make fans that were totally OK with shit not making any sense at all. It boggles the mind.

mcaj22 03-27-2013 08:15 AM

my point about the random chance was to support the Morgan theory. That if I have to suspend the belief for all the random chances all season long then I also have to suspend the belief with whatever Morgan does/did/does not do. Because that's the logic (or lack of) they have been following all season so why would I, the viewer, who is dumb enough to believe all these outs in a zombie world, think anything different.

I do agree it's a cheap tactic/bad writing but I as a fan, have to consider that theory with the pattern they follow

I get the logic of why people think it's not Morgan, but the whole random chance patterns surely convince me it is.

Deberg_1990 03-27-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

That Govenor/Andrea chase was incredibly dumb. It was like a bad 80s horror flick.

Why doesnt anyone hear zombies walking around until they walk right up on you and touch you? Cheap scare gags.

mcaj22 03-27-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9532551)
That Govenor/Andrea chase was incredibly dumb. It was like a bad 80s horror flick.

Why doesnt anyone hear zombies walking around until they walk right up on you and touch you? Cheap scare gags.

80 percent of the time this does not bother me except for the obvious times that are "right place right time" outs for the part of the story

like when Andrea opened that door to the stairwell and there was 4050 zombies just standing there chilling and it "surprised her". I find it hard to believe she could not hear that

mcaj22 03-27-2013 08:54 AM

also im pretty sure the backstory thing people think would be a cool idea was the direction Darabont had for season 2 in some form and AMC, being AMC, said thanks but no thanks.

i remember him saying he was going to do full episodes of flashbacks like how things got to were they are.

the army/tank thing was suppose to be a full episode of how that tank ended up in that street that rick crawled in

RaiderH8r 03-27-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9532611)
also im pretty sure the backstory thing people think would be a cool idea was the direction Darabont had for season 2 in some form and AMC, being AMC, said thanks but no thanks.

i remember him saying he was going to do full episodes of flashbacks like how things got to were they are.

the army/tank thing was suppose to be a full episode of how that tank ended up in that street that rick crawled in

Just an episode of the week when the whole thing went to hell in a handbasket would be handy and fun. Watching the news reports, people shuttering in, mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together. Pandemonium.

penguinz 03-27-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9532476)

Actually it isn't. It is more about how the living interact with each other.

lcarus 03-27-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9532717)

Yeah, the best zombie shows/movies for me always focus more on humanity living together and surviving in a world overrun by zombies. Typically there is more danger from humans than the living dead.

Bowser 03-27-2013 11:43 AM

Kirkman has said that the comic book story is a telling of Rick Grimes' life. He also said that he must really hate Rick, as well.

Carlota69 03-27-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9532467)
Are you sure you're caught up on the episodes this season? Maybe you missed an episode?

Spoiler!

I absolutely missed this episode. Do you know the name of it? Itunes here I come.

Fire Me Boy! 03-27-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9533046)
I absolutely missed this episode. Do you know the name of it? Itunes here I come.

It's called "Clear." It was #12 this season.

lcarus 03-27-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9533058)

Yes and I loved this episode.

Carlota69 03-27-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9533058)

Cool. Thank you:)

frankotank 03-27-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 9531514)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-l698Qdrklq...00/Merle+1.png

I'm not an action figure guy, but this is ****ing awesome.

wow. that is pretty dang cool. had no idea these existed.
they have michonnes pet zombies but they both have arms...fail.
WAIT...I didn't read the fine print...
Pets come with removable backpacks; neck chain leash; arms and bottom jaw.
BWAAAHAHAHA! EPIC WIN!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1000_.jpg

I literally laughed out loud on this one...in 50 years this is destined to be the rarest...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

Included in bucket of fresh body parts are a leg, foot, hand, intestines, heart and Rick's hand
Includes fish tank with trophy heads collected by her father
One of the trophy heads can be used as an alternate for Michonne's Pet Zombie

Ricks hand! BAAAAAHAHAHAHA!
an alternate head. HAHAHAHA!
too damn funny!

lcarus 03-27-2013 01:46 PM

I think the real twist will be that Milton is really Morgan! The real Morgan died a long time ago, so Milton took his skin and wore it.

Nzoner 03-27-2013 02:06 PM

Hmmmm....Look who's the special guest star on tonight's Law & Order SVU

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9n2RMhLV1kI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 03-27-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9527496)
Funny how Motörhead was used in this episode.
If anyone could survive a Zombie Apocalypse it would be Lemmy.

and Ted Nugent was blarring right before all the gunfire

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2Z9WIjcEPOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bowener 03-27-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9532473)
That would have potential to be amazing.

Check out a game called The Last of Us for PS3. Not a sandbox I don't think, but it looks amazing. AI is incredible.

J Diddy 03-27-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r (Post 9532642)
Just an episode of the week when the whole thing went to hell in a handbasket would be handy and fun. Watching the news reports, people shuttering in, mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together. Pandemonium.

exactly.

If you can devote an episode to rick sitting in a ****ing room talking to dead people on a phone that had no juice or an episode about a crazy character who hooked rick up in the first episode and wasn't heard from since I would think an episode of how it all went down would be nice. Hell maybe a season opener next year, get the whole gang back together again.

PhillyChiefFan 03-28-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9534748)
exactly.

If you can devote an episode to rick sitting in a ****ing room talking to dead people on a phone that had no juice or an episode about a crazy character who hooked rick up in the first episode and wasn't heard from since I would think an episode of how it all went down would be nice. Hell maybe a season opener next year, get the whole gang back together again.

That would be a good season opener.

I liked how they just dropped Rick into that world and understand that it was supposed to be just as new to the audience as it was to him, but a backstory would be awesome.

Same goes for Revolution. It could have been a good show for me if they wouldn't have skipped ahead 15 yrs immediately after the blackout occurred.

Sure-Oz 03-28-2013 06:47 AM

SPOILERS from last weekends episode. Great read from Rooker

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Walking-...h-1063201.aspx

he Walking Dead's Michael Rooker "Relieved" by Merle's Fate
Natalie Abrams
Mar 26, 2013 08:23 PM ET
by Natalie Abrams
38 Comments

Michael Rooker

[Warning: This story contains major spoilers from Sunday's penultimate episode of The Walking Dead. Read at your own risk.]

Who knew we could feel bad for The Walking Dead's Merle Dixon? In one of the AMC zombie drama's most surprisingly emotional scenes, Daryl (Norman Reedus) was forced to put down his once-villainous-turned-hero brother Merle (Michael Rooker) after discovering him as a walker — a fate The Governor (David Morrisey) bestowed upon his former right hand man after Merle attempted to kill him and the fighters from Woodbury. Though Rooker is relieved that Merle met his maker, he thought it was too soon in the story line to say goodbye. TVGuide.com caught up with Rooker to find out why:

The Walking Dead: Did Rick hand over Michonne to The Governor? Who died?

When did you find out Merle was going to die?
Michael Rooker: About two weeks before the episode. I was actually quite relieved because I wouldn't have to wear the arm again. Honest to God, that was my first thought. Thank you, thank you! I don't have to put the god---- thing on ever again. But then I thought, "Oh sh--, I'm out of a job."

How much more difficult was it acting with the arm contraption this season? And what, if anything, did you have to change in your acting style to accommodate that?
Rooker: I got used to it so quickly, it was crazy. I didn't necessarily like wearing it. It didn't cause me to act any differently. It ended up being an extension of my own hand. I used that "hand" all the time. That "hand" ended up being a nice tool. I could eat a single [grain of] rice with that "hand."

Were you sad to say goodbye to the character after fans had waited so long to see him return?
Rooker: That's kind of a shame. I thought it was unfortunate, and I did not necessarily agree with the choice to do this. It was a big build up and you really didn't get the true payoff. We had a great through line for this season, but the fans want more. They're not very happy. I don't think a lot of the true Walking Dead fans are happy with this. But, as you know, as actors, we don't have a choice in the matter. It's cliché, I know, but it's so true: When one door closes, another door opens.

What was it like putting on the zombie makeup and going through this transformation?
Rooker: I did Slither, so I've done seven hours in the makeup chair. So two hours for zombie makeup is like nothing. That's a walk in the park for me. When you do seven-hour makeup and then eight hours of work, you're thinking, "Oh God, what did this do to me?" You're under that rubber forever. It's crazy.

The Walking Dead: Who's going to die before Season 3 ends?

Do you think Merle ultimately got redemption in his quest to kill The Governor?
Rooker: It was unfortunate that he didn't shoot The Governor in the head. The way it was edited, it looked like Merle would've missed The Governor anyway, which is not how we did the scene. The scene was shot in a way that Merle missed The Governor because the walker attacked him and pushed the rifle away from The Governor and shot the kid in the face. But the way it was edited, it looked like Merle actually missed The Governor, which is kind of dumb. But that's my own opinion. There's no reason why he would've missed except for the zombie hitting him and causing him to miss.

Were you happy that Merle actually did something selfless in trying to kill The Governor?
Rooker: Indeed. Merle was on that mission knowing good and well that he may not return. He was doing it for his brother so he could take out as many of The Governor's men — and The Governor, if possible — so that Daryl would have a better chance of surviving. That was the thought in my mind behind what he was doing.

What was it like shooting that scene when Daryl is confronted by Walker Merle?
Rooker: Daryl's job was to grow a pair of balls and put his brother down. If he had turned walker, Merle would've done the same thing for him. That was my final scene. This role of Merle will still be lingering for a while. The sad part is that the potential of this character was not truly fulfilled. We could've done a lot of things with this character. The creators, the writers and all these folks are thinking way farther in advance. I just had to play it earnest and as true as I possibly could play it. You can't be thinking, "Oh, I'm so sad. I'm out of the show now." That's bulls---. You play the scene. You play the moment.

The Walking Dead: What does this mean for Andrea?!

Considering he's a character who wasn't even in the comic books, what did you think of Merle's evolution from racist redneck to now?
Rooker: I never played Merle as a despicable racist guy. I've always played Merle as a straight forward guy living in a zombie f---ing apocalypse. There's no more political correct bulls--- out there. It's survival of the fittest, and you better know how to survive in this world. If you don't, you're going to perish, plain and simple. Fans are judging this character on how you'd live in your everyday world, but you've got to remember that these people are living in a world that has changed. Everyone in this show is still grieving over losing every family member that they've ever had. That makes people react and act differently.

If someone gets in his face, he's going to put them down. That's who Merle was in the beginning, but you see him change over the time of the show. He learned that he needs other people. Although, it galls him to think he can't do everything on his own, he still needs his brother. That's his main concern in life. Hunting down his brother was Merle's entire existence on this show, and to protect him if possible. So, this final giving of himself is for his brother and no one else. He's not really caring about the group. He's caring about his brother and whether or not he will survive.

What's next for you?
Rooker: I honestly don't know. I'm out of a job. If you have any ideas, give me a call! I have to say, it was such a pleasure to be blessed with bringing to life a character like Merle. It's been somewhat of a dream come true. It would be a dream come true for any actor to play this kind of role and to play it honestly and straightforward in a way that people hate you and people love you. People cry for you in the end? How great is that? I'm flabbergasted by all the love and appreciation.

Were you surprised by Merle's death? Who else do you think will go in Sunday's season finale?

The Walking Dead airs Sundays at 9/8c on AMC.

KC_Connection 03-28-2013 05:49 PM

I agree with Rooker. I think they could have gotten a lot more out of Merle on this show than they did, not just in future episodes but in Season 2 and 3 too. As much as the death scene might have fit his character, killing him off in the way they did now was kind of a waste.

Deberg_1990 03-28-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9536353)
I agree with Rooker. I think they could have gotten a lot more out of Merle on this show than they did, not just in future episodes but in Season 2 and 3 too. As much as the death scene might have fit his character, killing him off in the way they did now was kind of a waste.

Agreed. It was a powerful payoff, but he was one of the most interesting characters on the show. He dies, but Carol and the blonde babysitter live????

Pasta Little Brioni 03-30-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9532717)

Yeah I get that. Not what I meant.

Sure-Oz 03-31-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9536721)
Agreed. It was a powerful payoff, but he was one of the most interesting characters on the show. He dies, but Carol and the blonde babysitter live????

Agree...

Rooker should've stayed on longer. We see the blonde sing once and thats about all. Carol, another baby sitter. Not much with them

Ceej 03-31-2013 01:17 AM

Any predictions (not based on comics) for tomorrow's season finale?

KC_Connection 03-31-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9543173)

Already kind of made mine a bit earlier, but I'll say the Governor dies and it's Andrea that gets him.

RunKC 03-31-2013 02:42 AM

Looks like Michael Rooker was in KC and had himself some KC BBQ LMAO

http://instagram.com/p/VxGWNoEMxu/

bevischief 03-31-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9543173)

People die.

Fire Me Boy! 03-31-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9543184)
Already kind of made mine a bit earlier, but I'll say the Governor dies and it's Andrea that gets him.

My prediction, gov doesn't die. Him as antagonist ain't over yet.

Zebedee DuBois 03-31-2013 06:08 AM

I've got a soda pop wagered on Michone killing the Gov. The other guy has Darryl.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-31-2013 10:04 AM

Hoping the Gov. survives. Think it would cause a drop off in the show when he bites it.

KC_Lee 03-31-2013 10:16 AM

My prediction, added spoiler tags just in case.

Spoiler!

Ceej 03-31-2013 10:19 AM

Any guesses on Morgan reappearing in the season finale?

Aries Walker 03-31-2013 10:32 AM

I think he will in the last few minutes, as (the remnants of) Rick's group show up at his fortress town.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-31-2013 10:36 AM

He'll be back and hopefully they'll put to bed the moonbat conspiracy that he burned the zombie pit.

Sure-Oz 03-31-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9543535)
Hoping the Gov. survives. Think it would cause a drop off in the show when he bites it.

Agreed...

Im still pissed merle is gone

bowener 03-31-2013 01:27 PM

My prediction is that the Governor definitely lives. Rick and Co. will abandon the prison after letting the zombies back in (as somebody else predicting). I do not think that they will go to Woodbury, but that would be kind of cool... I think several of the "good guys" will die, Rick and his son will both be seriously injured, and that may be the cliffhanger for the season, not knowing if one or the other dies.

Bump 03-31-2013 02:41 PM

Governor is going to die tonight. I think it's gonna be Carl.

Fire Me Boy! 03-31-2013 02:46 PM

I ordered the compendiums in time to get them tomorrow, so my Walking Dead isn't over tonight....

Ceej 03-31-2013 02:51 PM

I doubt the governor dies tonight.

Are there other antagonists in the comics?

Just curious - use a spoiler.

cabletech94 03-31-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9543579)
My prediction, added spoiler tags just in case.

Spoiler!

damn, i hadn't read any of the tv spoilers this season yet. but, but, whatever.....

me personally, governor doesn't die (tonight).

gonna lose a "few" of our good guys. i like the idea from the tv trailer. if that's how it goes down, i think that's a sweet plan. especially going by the name of the episode.......from a tactical point, love it.

the old man gave his blessings to glen last week, he doesn't make it. it's too bad, 'cause he's been ricks rock.
not going to make any other predictions, because i was horribly wrong in the 2nd season finale.

other than the gov doesn't die. bet on it.

Ceej 03-31-2013 03:14 PM

I could definitely see Glenn dying. Maybe by protecting Maggie.

Wonder what happens with Tyrese and his gang.

cabletech94 03-31-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9544018)
I could definitely see Glenn dying. Maybe by protecting Maggie.

Wonder what happens with Tyrese and his gang.

i was hoping to see more of tyrese in this season.

played a big part in the comic. hopefully he makes it to next season. with a bigger role.