ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***The Official MMA Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230465)

In58men 03-14-2015 10:15 PM

Joanna Kerdederezckz beat the shit outta her

alnorth 03-14-2015 10:17 PM

That was pretty entertaining. Jedroijsdfuiohnjsopikl will be a good co-main fight card supporter.

alnorth 03-14-2015 10:23 PM

oh, and Carla, thats why Reebok didn't sponser you and the UFC didn't promote you. No one believed you could defend your belt if you ran into a striker who could defend your takedowns.

alnorth 03-14-2015 11:00 PM

Pettis lost all 4 rounds so far. He's down 40-36, needs a miracle ko.

alnorth 03-14-2015 11:03 PM

Looks like both champions are gonna lose tonight. Brazil is taking the lightweight belt.

TimBone 03-14-2015 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11383857)
Hendricks and Brown walking out now. FOTN candidate here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 11383918)
That was the worst fight lol

So often those fights that are assumed to be FOTN candidates end up boring. I'm not calling alnorth out, because the hype for those types of fights is always justifiable. Just seems to unfold that way quite a bit.

jd1020 03-14-2015 11:12 PM

Every single fight was a clean sweep.

alnorth 03-14-2015 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11384049)
So often those fights that are assumed to be FOTN candidates end up boring. I'm not calling alnorth out, because the hype for those types of fights is always justifiable. Just seems to unfold that way quite a bit.

yeah, mma is nutty. That strawweight fight was also more entertaining than I expected.

alnorth 03-14-2015 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
updated file

alnorth 03-19-2015 10:35 PM

Rousey's next fight will be UFC 190 in Brazil against Bethe Correia

raybec 4 03-20-2015 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11393540)
Rousey's next fight will be UFC 190 in Brazil against Bethe Correia

There's no one left for her to even be competitive with.

alnorth 03-20-2015 09:19 AM

Correia is really the only other decent undefeated fighter left in the division. Apparently she and Rousey has some kind of a stupid feud going on, Rousey asked the UFC to schedule the fight in Correia's home country so that she could beat her in front of her family and friends. The UFC was like, "uhh... sure, done!"

raybec 4 03-20-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11394039)
Correia is really the only other decent undefeated fighter left in the division. Apparently she and Rousey has some kind of a stupid feud going on, Rousey asked the UFC to schedule the fight in Correia's home country so that she could beat her in front of her family and friends. The UFC was like, "uhh... sure, done!"

Correia has beaten all of Rousey's cronies. They call themselves the 4 horsewomen and Bethe has beaten 3 of them handily. Shana Bazler, Jessamyn Duke and some other girl I can't remember.

alnorth 03-24-2015 03:13 PM

When are these idiots going to stop overtraining?

T.J. Dillashaw broke his ribs in wrestling practice. Dillashaw-Barao II is now off the UFC 186 card.

UFC 186 now just has the tinyman title fight and really not much else. (I'm assuming Bellator will successfully stop Rampage from fighting, and even if not, meh)

BigCatDaddy 03-25-2015 08:34 PM

Too much money not to happen....Cyborg signs with UFC

http://m.fightland.vice.com/blog/cyb...s-with-the-ufc

Katipan 03-25-2015 09:27 PM

Dana says she has to win at 135 in a UFC fight to face Rousey. This isn't exciting until she makes 135 in invicta later this year. Then next year for her UFC debut, maybe 2 years before this magical fight would ever take place.

Its just not going to happen.

alnorth 03-25-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11403770)
Too much money not to happen....Cyborg signs with UFC

http://m.fightland.vice.com/blog/cyb...s-with-the-ufc

Apparently the deal is she has to fight in Invicta at 135 first. She still has a featherweight fight scheduled on July 10, after that then she'll try to make the cut to 135 later in the year for an Invicta Bantamweight fight. If she successfully makes weight and wins that fight against whoever, then she gets a UFC Bantamweight fight against whoever. She makes weight again and wins that, only then does she fight Rousey.

So, late 2016 at the earliest. I assume if she's unable to make 135 in Invicta, then the UFC will not bother with bringing her in, so thats going to be an important cut.

BigCatDaddy 03-26-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11403850)
Apparently the deal is she has to fight in Invicta at 135 first. She still has a featherweight fight scheduled on July 10, after that then she'll try to make the cut to 135 later in the year for an Invicta Bantamweight fight. If she successfully makes weight and wins that fight against whoever, then she gets a UFC Bantamweight fight against whoever. She makes weight again and wins that, only then does she fight Rousey.

So, late 2016 at the earliest. I assume if she's unable to make 135 in Invicta, then the UFC will not bother with bringing her in, so thats going to be an important cut.

Thats a lot of ****ing hurdles.

alnorth 03-27-2015 08:01 AM

The UFC apparently offered quite a bit more money to Brock Lesner than the WWE.

Probably makes sense for him to take the WWE offer though at his age and deteriorating skills. Its still a lot of money, except he doesn't have to train nearly as much to fake wrestle.

Basically about a month or two of work per year to just stay in shape and fake wrestle vs at least 6-7 months worth of work training for the UFC to get punched in the face, concussed, and probably knocked out.

BigCatDaddy 03-27-2015 10:36 AM

No GSP, Brock, or A Silva have sent PPV numbers down the shitter. They were desperate.

WhawhaWhat 03-27-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11405969)

Probably makes sense for him to take the WWE offer though at his age and deteriorating skills. Its still a lot of money, except he doesn't have to train nearly as much to fake wrestle.

Basically about a month or two of work per year to just stay in shape and fake wrestle vs at least 6-7 months worth of work training for the UFC to get punched in the face, concussed, and probably knocked out.

Seems like an easy decision.

TimBone 03-27-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Yeah...I get why Brock was a draw, but he really wasn't very good. I'm glad he chose WWE.

CoMoChief 03-27-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

It's a shame he was never 100% once he got diverticulitis. He fought scared and defensive once that happened and he wasn't the same, his confidence was gone and his heart wasn't in it any longer. Can't fight top talent and expect to be competitive with a mindset like that..not in real fighting. Good decision on his part I guess. What he was able to do just off of his natural god givien ability and wrestling background in that short amount of time was impressive.

Katipan 03-27-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11406317)
It's a shame he was never 100% once he got diverticulitis. He fought scared and defensive once that happened and he wasn't the same, his confidence was gone and his heart wasn't in it any longer. Can't fight top talent and expect to be competitive with a mindset like that..not in real fighting. Good decision on his part I guess. What he was able to do just off of his natural god givien ability and wrestling background in that short amount of time was impressive.

And yet all I can remember is when he used his post fight time to announce that he was going to go climb on top of his wife.

Good riddance.

CoMoChief 03-27-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11406330)
And yet all I can remember is when he used his post fight time to announce that he was going to go climb on top of his wife.

Good riddance.

id gladly get on top of Sable too...and would also announce it to the world.

WhawhaWhat 03-27-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11406330)

Good riddance.

Best post fight interview in years.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dPDQP1xX96A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Katipan 03-27-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11406388)
id gladly get on top of Sable too...and would also announce it to the world.

yay?
me too? :shrug:

There is plenty of room in the Hall of Douchebags.

alnorth 03-27-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11406194)
No GSP, Brock, or A Silva have sent PPV numbers down the shitter. They were desperate.

2014 ppv numbers sucked mostly because of injuries and fights falling apart.

The UFC has had a terrific start so far in 2015. In just 3 months they have had roughly 3/4 of the buys that they had in all of 2014. (2.4MM so far in 2015 vs about 3.2MM in all of 2014)

Its gonna take a dip in April since UFC 186 now sucks and mighty mouse does not draw at all, but if the fighters stay healthy the rest of the year (yeah a very big if, I know), then 2015 could challenge the numbers that the UFC got in some of their glory years.

New World Order 03-27-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11406603)
2014 ppv numbers sucked mostly because of injuries and fights falling apart.

The UFC has had a terrific start so far in 2015. In just 3 months they have had roughly 3/4 of the buys that they had in all of 2014. (2.4MM so far in 2015 vs about 3.2MM in all of 2014)

Its gonna take a dip in April since UFC 186 now sucks and mighty mouse does not draw at all, but if the fighters stay healthy the rest of the year (yeah a very big if, I know), then 2015 could challenge the numbers that the UFC got in some of their glory years.

But he is right. The only megastar that is champion right now would probably be Jon Jones.

alnorth 03-27-2015 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11406974)
But he is right. The only megastar that is champion right now would probably be Jon Jones.

They do seem to have several fighters that are short of superstar status but draw pretty well so if healthy, they can collectively make up for having 1 or 2 fewer stars. I'm still surprised at 184, RRR managed to bring in about 650k buys for a card that beyond the main event really had no other reason going in to watch it.

McGregor/Aldo is going to be bananas. I expect that to break a million. I don't think McGregor will actually win, but if he did, then he'd draw really well.

New World Order 03-27-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11407012)
They do seem to have several fighters that are short of superstar status but draw pretty well so if healthy, they can collectively make up for having 1 or 2 fewer stars. I'm still surprised at 184, RRR managed to bring in about 650k buys for a card that beyond the main event really had no other reason going in to watch it.

McGregor/Aldo is going to be bananas. I expect that to break a million. I don't think McGregor will actually win, but if he did, then he'd draw really well.

Can't wait for that fight

BigCatDaddy 03-27-2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11407012)

Even if he doesnt win he will still be a draw. The best guys dont always get the biggest ppv buys. Its guys like Tito, Brock, Sonnen, Diaz that sale PPVs

KCTitus 03-27-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11406194)

Never liked any of those three...always thought GSP liked to do nothing but dry hump his competition for the win, Brock came in when there was nothing in the heavyweight category and Silva was for all intents and purposes a clown show that just kept winning until his body gave out. Yet, I still paid to see the fights.

I dont follow MMA much anymore since TUF has been nothing but women fighters and most of the main events are womens fights. Im not a chavenist, I just dont like seeing women fighting, it seems unnatural and Rhonda Rousey in her first TUF series was an unmitigated bitch...all of her wins have exploited the fact that women do not have upper body strength which makes the arm bar, somewhat easy. it would be akin to allowing the men to kick each other in the fellas...yeah, that brings a man down pretty quick.

Bufkin 03-28-2015 08:21 AM

I have Brock Lesnar to thank for my entrance into mixed martial arts. I was a pretty big WWE fan when Lesnar was at his peak, and followed him to the UFC. Say what you want about him, but I'll take prime Lesnar (him vs. Herring, Mir, Couture, Carwin) over almost any MMA heavyweight of all time. His freakish size/speed/strength mixed in with an unbelievable amateur wrestling resume made for a dominant fighter.

BigCatDaddy 03-28-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11407577)
I have Brock Lesnar to thank for my entrance into mixed martial arts. I was a pretty big WWE fan when Lesnar was at his peak, and followed him to the UFC. Say what you want about him, but I'll take prime Lesnar (him vs. Herring, Mir, Couture, Carwin) over almost any MMA heavyweight of all time. His freakish size/speed/strength mixed in with an unbelievable amateur wrestling resume made for a dominant fighter.

He has unique athletic abilities but just got started too late in the game. His stand up and defense were not good to say the least.

alnorth 04-03-2015 03:20 PM

Fight night tomorrow is actually fight afternoon, probably to avoid competing with the tournament.

Everyone made weight, and it is a decent free card, couple interesting matches on there. Main card starts at noon central, prelims start at 10am.

CoMoChief 04-03-2015 06:40 PM

So i guess since ronda rousey got a huge pop at wrestlemania, shes now going to be in the wwe extreme rules ppv in an actual match....accompanied by none other than cm punk. interestingly enough dana and vince were able to hash out a deal.

SAUTO 04-03-2015 06:42 PM

They are ruining it.

CoMoChief 04-03-2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11417769)
They are ruining it.

Dana is running out of mainstream cash cows and needs to milk the exposure for what its worth.

SAUTO 04-03-2015 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11417771)
Dana is running out of mainstream cash cows and needs to milk the exposure for what its worth.

I've hated Dana white from day one.

Always said he would ruin MMA.

TimBone 04-03-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11417777)
I've hated Dana white from day one.

Always said he would ruin MMA.

Well, he brought the UFC back from the dead...so we can thank him for that. That being said, they should be trying to break away from the WWE comparisons, not getting in bed with them. This is a step backwards in legitimizing the sport of MMA in mainstream America's eyes. Bad move. Dana White chases that almighty dollar to the extreme, doesn't he?

SAUTO 04-03-2015 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11417788)
Well, he brought the UFC back from the dead...so we can thank him for that. That being said, they should be trying to break away from the WWE comparisons, not getting in bed with them. This is a step backwards in legitimizing the sport of MMA in mainstream America's eyes. Bad move. Dana White chases that almighty dollar to the extreme, doesn't he?

His boss's money brought it back.

Easy 6 04-03-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11417769)
They are ruining it.

Couldnt. agree. more.

WTF are they trying to do with this marriage of fake and real?

Its gone too far afaic, the UFC diminishes its brand every time one of their stars gets into this crap.

TimBone 04-03-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11417791)

I agree that they threw a lot of money at it, but he did the work in bringing it back. A lot of work. I just wish the Fertittas' would see that in order to continue to grow from where they are now, they need a more professional face. His language, bias, and overall appearance are not what a major sports league needs in a 'commissioner' role.

Easy 6 04-03-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11417805)
His language, bias, and overall appearance are not what a major sports league needs in a 'commissioner' role.

You mean you wouldnt want a bloated meathead who shoots from the hip in every conversation and looks like he'd rather be banging high priced whores in Vegas representing your lucrative venture?

Jerm 04-03-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11417766)
So i guess since ronda rousey got a huge pop at wrestlemania, shes now going to be in the wwe extreme rules ppv in an actual match....accompanied by none other than cm punk. interestingly enough dana and vince were able to hash out a deal.

Where on earth did you see this???

Not seeing it reported anywhere and I highly, highly doubt it.

RR's agent has already came out and said the appearance was a one time deal...if there's any more involvement with the WWE I don't see it being until Wrestlemania 32.

alnorth 04-03-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11417791)

He needed the Fertittas obviously, but I don't think that MMA is anywhere near this popular without Dana White, at least historically, he's not quite as important today.

alnorth 04-03-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11417833)
Where on earth did you see this???

Not seeing it reported anywhere and I highly, highly doubt it.

RR's agent has already came out and said the appearance was a one time deal...if there's any more involvement with the WWE I don't see it being until Wrestlemania 32.

Yeah, this too.

TimBone 04-03-2015 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11417817)
You mean you wouldnt want a bloated meathead who shoots from the hip in every conversation and looks like he'd rather be banging high priced whores in Vegas representing your lucrative venture?

Exactly. I sure appreciate him building the brand back up though. 2005-2012 were some great years for MMA.

alnorth 04-03-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11417858)
Exactly. I sure appreciate him building the brand back up though. 2005-2012 were some great years for MMA.

He should probably retire. Have a grand ceremony for him, put him in the UFC hall of fame, have him on TV shows, honor him, etc... but it would be nice to have someone just a little more professional. Hell, he owns 9% of Zuffa, he'll be fine.

We don't need someone with a stick up his ass like the NFL and MLB, just someone who wears a sport jacket and thinks a couple seconds to lightly censor himself before answering questions.

TimBone 04-03-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11417862)
He should probably retire. Have a grand ceremony for him, put him in the UFC hall of fame, have him on TV shows, honor him, etc... but it would be nice to have someone just a little more professional. Hell, he owns 9% of Zuffa, he'll be fine.

We don't need someone with a stick up his ass like the NFL and MLB, just someone who wears a sports coat and thinks a couple seconds to lightly censor himself before answering questions.

That's perfect. I agree with it all.

Dana makes for great soundbites and drama, but he sticks his foot in his mouth quite a bit.

alnorth 04-04-2015 11:17 AM

Cool fight by Poirier. He belongs at 155.

alnorth 04-04-2015 02:24 PM

Not sure if anyone else saw it, but it was a cool batch of fights this afternoon.

The crowd was wrong about the Iaquinta decision. It was close and it could have gone either way, but no way should they have boo'd him out of the arena like that, given how hard he fought for that decision.

Old Dog 04-04-2015 03:10 PM

IMHO the booing of the decision isn't the same as booing him. Fine line, maybe.

I thought the 29-28 was correct though and question how the one judge had the second round for Masvedal and I've never been a Iaquinta fan.

alnorth 04-07-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11401494)
When are these idiots going to stop overtraining?

T.J. Dillashaw broke his ribs in wrestling practice. Dillashaw-Barao II is now off the UFC 186 card.

UFC 186 now just has the tinyman title fight and really not much else. (I'm assuming Bellator will successfully stop Rampage from fighting, and even if not, meh)

Called it!

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson ordered off UFC card as tug-of-war with Bellator rages on in court

Bellator won an injunction in court. Rampage isn't formally off yet, but if an emergency appeal is denied, then he's out of 186. Benson Henderson, I guess taking a page from his buddy Cowboy Cerrone, volunteered to fight on short notice at either lightweight or welterweight. If you are not going to be the champion, then the best way to get paid like one is to take tons of fights every year.

I'm still not paying for 186 though, that card sucks, with or without Henderson.

Easy 6 04-07-2015 06:54 PM

Havent followed closely enough lately to have a real opinion... is McGregor about to get his ass beat or what?

alnorth 04-07-2015 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11424174)
Havent followed closely enough lately to have a real opinion... is McGregor about to get his ass beat or what?

After his last two fights, which yeah they weren't top-5 guys, but still good fighters which he put away VERY easily, I now think Conor is good enough to be a reasonable choice on his own merits for Aldo's next fight rather than just being a blatant money-grab circus sideshow.

Just because he probably deserves a title shot doesn't mean he's beating Aldo though. Aldo will have been the champion for over 4 years and 7 defenses. He hasn't lost a fight since 2005.

So, Aldo should win, but Conor McGregor is dangerous. Not many featherweights have the kind of knockout power that he does, and his movement (which he often brags about) is pretty slick. He could catch Aldo with a well-placed strike.

Easy 6 04-07-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11424198)
After his last two fights, which yeah they weren't top-5 guys, but still good fighters which he put away VERY easily, I now think Conor is good enough to be a reasonable choice on his own merits for Aldo's next fight rather than just being a blatant money-grab circus sideshow.

Just because he probably deserves a title shot doesn't mean he's beating Aldo though. Aldo will have been the champion for over 4 years and 7 defenses. He hasn't lost a fight since 2005.

So, Aldo should win, but Conor McGregor is dangerous. Not many featherweights have the kind of knockout power that he does, and his movement (which he often brags about) is pretty slick. He could catch Aldo with a well-placed strike.

Thats the kind of solid breakdown I was hoping for, thank you.

Katipan 04-07-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11424206)
Thats the kind of solid breakdown I was hoping for, thank you.

Ok now it's MY turn!

He's a super talented asshole who will hopefully evolve into something that doesn't force every public mma event into becoming a 3 ring circus.

But I'm a patient woman.

Or, at least, I have lots of pot.

Easy 6 04-08-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11424338)
Ok now it's MY turn!

He's a super talented asshole who will hopefully evolve into something that doesn't force every public mma event into becoming a 3 ring circus.

But I'm a patient woman.

Or, at least, I have lots of pot.

He does seem to be a polarizing figure, he knows how to run his mouth, that's for sure.

alnorth 04-09-2015 09:52 AM

Saw this somewhere. 186 looks really awful. Even if they were both free, I'd rather see the next UFC on Fox. Hell, an argument could be made for the Fox prelims over the 186 main card.

http://i.imgur.com/UbW3xMO.png

raybec 4 04-09-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11427076)
Saw this somewhere. 186 looks really awful. Even if they were both free, I'd rather see the next UFC on Fox. Hell, an argument could be made for the Fox prelims over the 186 main card.

http://i.imgur.com/UbW3xMO.png

That was a terrible card after Dillashaw got hurt, now with no Rampage.....yeesh

TimBone 04-09-2015 11:16 AM

Ohhhh, Swanson vs. Holloway could be fun.

Faddy Yomama 04-09-2015 11:41 AM

Not really excited to watch big men nail eachother. I'd be more excited to watch a harmless girl fight.

penguinz 04-09-2015 12:25 PM

I hope conor destroys him.

raybec 4 04-09-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 11427415)
I hope conor destroys him.

Seriously? I hate that Conor. He can eat all the dicks

penguinz 04-09-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 11427427)
Seriously? I hate that Conor. He can eat all the dicks

You must be one of those old guys that hates it when athletes have over the top personalities.

He is entertaining. It will take polarizing personalities to get the sport to grow.

Beef Supreme 04-09-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 11427436)
You must be one of those old guys that hates it when athletes have over the top personalities.

He is entertaining. It will take polarizing personalities to get the sport to grow.

I don't hate the guy, but his over the top personality is so contrived. It doesn't come across as genuine or entertaining like Ali. It's just some Irish guy screaming at everyone and talking over them. It's WWF fake, and not even good WWF fake. That said, it's entertaining to watch him fight.

alnorth 04-09-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11427466)
I don't hate the guy, but his over the top personality is so contrived. It doesn't come across as genuine or entertaining like Ali. It's just some Irish guy screaming at everyone and talking over them. It's WWF fake, and not even good WWF fake. That said, it's entertaining to watch him fight.

I do not agree that its contrived at all, I've seen a lot of Conor clips both on podium and off, and it all looks genuine to me.

This latest world tour was kinda silly, but if you go before that, he's often intelligently breaking down potential matches while trash-talking at the same time, and he's not showing a different personality outside the bright lights.

TimBone 04-09-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11427517)
I do not agree that its contrived at all, I've seen a lot of Conor clips both on podium and off, and it all looks genuine to me.

This latest world tour was kinda silly, but if you go before that, he's often intelligently breaking down potential matches while trash-talking at the same time, and he's not showing a different personality outside the bright lights.

I think he's intelligent enough to know when there's a camera in front of him both on and off the podium. He may have an outgoing personality even in his personal, but there is no doubt he takes it up a few notches in front of the camera. I don't mind it, because he's talented enough to back up the talk. If he loses to Aldo though(which is a likely outcome), I hope he's humble in defeat.

I'm excited for that fight.

BigCatDaddy 04-09-2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11427560)
I think he's intelligent enough to know when there's a camera in front of him both on and off the podium. He may have an outgoing personality even in his personal, but there is no doubt he takes it up a few notches in front of the camera. I don't mind it, because he's talented enough to back up the talk. If he loses to Aldo though(which is a likely outcome), I hope he's humble in defeat.

I'm excited for that fight.

Sonnen was the same way and he sold fights. That's what the UFC needs.

alnorth 04-14-2015 08:57 PM

Speaking of Conor, he's got a new tattoo to go along with that weird gorilla thing

https://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpres...ng?w=640&h=637

alnorth 04-17-2015 11:36 AM

UFC on Fox weigh-ins soon. Tomorrow is a very good free card, the last 6 fights are all interesting to some degree.

edit: everyone made weight

raybec 4 04-17-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11441881)
UFC on Fox weigh-ins soon. Tomorrow is a very good free card, the last 6 fights are all interesting to some degree.

edit: everyone made weight

I'm pumped for this card, they do it up right for FOX

alnorth 04-18-2015 05:00 PM

Interesting fights starting soon. OSP (next fight) has had some weird submissions.

alnorth 04-18-2015 07:08 PM

Wow, Cub Swanson got wrecked

TimBone 04-18-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11444422)
Wow, Cub Swanson got wrecked

By Holloway? I like that kid.

alnorth 04-18-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11444575)
By Holloway? I like that kid.

Holloway looked really good doing it, too. Right after the first round you could tell it was going to be a bad day for Cub.

Oh, and I also doubt anyone is going to be bitching about PVZ's Reebok deal anymore. She obliterated Herrig and sent her to the hospital.

Valiant 04-18-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11407577)

Really? I watched him, he could have been great, but it never happened and then injuries. I think he was just too big for the division, more prone to bars..

Then his chest tat, I always bet against him because of it. I know it does not make sense.

Valiant 04-18-2015 10:24 PM

I would love to see eventually a mma league where the fighters got paid more, set up health and retirement packages so they do not all become homeless bums.. UFC chews them up and spits them out for insane profits.