ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

RealSNR 11-26-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9154373)
Barkley or Wilson I'm happy. You guys are making Geno better then he is.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jLG0F7suqSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut 11-26-2012 05:02 PM

I do love how the troll comes on here with posts from another board to 'debunk' us as though this wasn't a conversation we had 2 months ago.

Here's the thing, sport - if it's made its way to the Mange, then we have already addressed it months ago. Smith excelled in a pro-style offense under Bill Stewart well before the Air Raid system came into place. Moreover, the air raid concerns speak to his experience rather than his ability.

Yes, there will be a learning curve as he learns progressions. No, there is no guarantee that he will ever truly master going through pre-snap reads. Tough shit - these are the risks you take in this game.

This is just a very stupid argument that has been spoken to literally dozens of times already. But since dumbass troll is being dumbass troll, we have to speak to it again. Afterall, he read it on the mange so it's clearly a novel though that none of us have considered yet.

Idiot.

lcarus 11-26-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9154383)

Dammit dude answer me! What the eff is your sig? The chick chewing gum. What the hell is that?!?! lol

Chiefnj2 11-26-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9154364)

Geno Smith is accurate becuase he's an accomplished passer. His technique is impeccable. Not because his offense is simple.

His technique is impeccable? Really?

RealSNR 11-26-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9154395)
His technique is impeccable? Really?

Show me a college QB with a better release on his throws. And then tell me if that QB sets his feet like Geno does when he throws.

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9154390)
Dammit dude answer me! What the eff is your sig? The chick chewing gum. What the hell is that?!?! lol

Boxxy.

lcarus 11-26-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9154402)
Boxxy.

Basically I just wanted to see if it was safe to say "I'd hit it". Sooo....yeaaahhh......I'd hit it. :D

htismaqe 11-26-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9154365)
Good thing that none of the assclowns who feel this way will be making the decision in April.

At least we'd be getting our QB... :(

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9154408)
Basically I just wanted to see if it was safe to say "I'd hit it". Sooo....yeaaahhh......I'd hit it. :D

http://oi39.tinypic.com/amxnw8.jpg

DJ's left nut 11-26-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9154401)
Show me a college QB with a better release on his throws. And then tell me if that QB sets his feet like Geno does when he throws.

He doesn't get quite as much leg drive/hip rotation as I'd like to see, but that's the only real complaint I can come up with. He kinda 'tenderfoots' it a little bit.

He can also get a little lazy on his follow-through at times, which leads to those high passes he sometimes runs in to.

His mechanics are pretty good for a collegiate, but impeccable is overselling him by a wee bit. He's still a fantastic prospect though.

If West Virginia had a defense, there would be no discussion at all here.

BigMeatballDave 11-26-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9154373)
Smith or Wilson, I'm happy. Barkley is a turd.

fixed

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9154413)
At least we'd be getting our QB... :(

I can't see a new GM coming in here and NOT taking a QB with our 1st pick.

If the old regime sticks around, I could absolutely see them passing on a QB.

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9154419)

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...ood-snarls.gif

Passepartout 11-26-2012 05:14 PM

Seems like the call for Geno Smith to come here is greater than ever!

lcarus 11-26-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9154414)

I'm not gonna lie. I'm pretty freaking stupid when it comes to gifs (among many other things) so I'll just pretend this one means "Yeah bro...me too!"

htismaqe 11-26-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Old regime or new, the calls for a drafting a QB are EVERYWHERE.

It doesn't matter who the GM is come April, we're drafting a QB. They can't pass on a QB with the only #1 overall pick they've EVER had and hope to sell season tickets going forward.

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 05:23 PM

I'm angry today over dipshits who don't want Geno Smith. Who literally don't want a QB AT ALL in April.

I'll be even angrier in April when they shit on the pick.

SO MUCH ANGER

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9154442)
I'm not gonna lie. I'm pretty freaking stupid when it comes to gifs (among many other things) so I'll just pretend this one means "Yeah bro...me too!"

You got it.

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9154452)
I'm angry today over dipshits who don't want Geno Smith. Who literally don't want a QB AT ALL in April.

SO MUCH ANGER

This much?

http://chan.catiewayne.com/b/thumb/130850663434s.gif

Or more?

BigMeatballDave 11-26-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

I could easily see Pioli trade for Alex Smith and draft Landry Jones in the 3rd after trading down and taking Barkevious Mingo.

Mark it down.

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9154446)

It doesn't matter who the GM is come April, we're drafting a QB. They can't pass on a QB with the only #1 overall pick they've EVER had and hope to sell season tickets going forward.

I'm sure you know the old saying about passing the ball:

Three things can happen and two of them are bad.

Well, if Pioli gets a reprieve, three things can happen with this pick, and two of them are bad.

He's either going to pick the right QB, which is unlikely, he's going to pick the wrong QB, or he's not going to pick a QB at all.

Chief_For_Life58 11-26-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9154446)

yeah ive gotta agree with this. fat **** egoli or not, were getting a qb with our 1st overall, the question is who. we need to send clark postcards from wv with genos face on it with the writing "Just wanted to say hey! cant wait to hear from you!"

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9154465)
I could easily see Pioli trade for Alex Smith and draft Landry Jones in the 3rd after trading down and taking Barkevious Mingo.

Mark it down.

I can ABSOLUTELY see that happening.

Chiefnj2 11-26-2012 05:25 PM

FWIW, this was Daniel Jeremiah's review of the QBs this summer at the Manning Academy:
THIBODAUX, La. -- For the past 17 years, the Manning Passing Academy has played host to high school quarterbacks, receivers and running backs from across the country. This past weekend, I had the opportunity to serve as a counselor at the camp. The other counselors consisted of a handful of NFL position coaches, dozens of high school coaches and 40 current college quarterbacks.

Peyton and Eli Manning organized and participated in two throwing sessions with the college quarterbacks. The group went through a private, one-hour workout on Thursday, and then put on a throwing exhibition for all of the campers Saturday night. (Side note: Cooper Manning served as the play-by-play man during the Saturday session, providing humorous comments throughout. The folks at Saturday Night Live might consider getting a third Manning to host the show.)

I was able to attend both throwing sessions. Here are 11 observations:

1) Peyton and Eli Manning led and participated in both workouts with the college quarterbacks. Peyton threw the ball very well. He went through the entire passing tree and was very accurate on every route. His velocity was solid, but he never fully let it rip on the deep ball. On the post and take-off routes, his ball traveled 45 yards in the air. He didn't have to strain to get the ball out there, but you could tell he is being a little cautious at this point in time. Eli was excellent. He consistently threw with good velocity, accuracy and touch.

2) USC QB Matt Barkley is right around 6-foot-2 and has a very thick build. I've seen Barkley play live several times during his college career and I noticed one big difference last week: His arm has gotten much stronger. He was able to drive the ball with more authority than he has in the past three years. He has always had great footwork and touch as a passer, but there were concerns about his ability to squeeze the ball into tight windows down the field. I was pleasantly surprised to watch him crank up the velocity on the deep comebacks during the workout on Saturday.

3) Tennessee QB Tyler Bray is much taller than I anticipated. The junior signal-caller is at least 6-5 with a very lanky build. He is natural and smooth in his drops and throws the ball free and easy. He is able to generate plenty of velocity to make all the necessary throws. Bray's body type and laid-back personality are reminiscent of Matt Leinart, but he can spin the ball much better.

4) Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson is exactly the same height as Barkley, but his build isn't nearly as thick as that of his fellow senior. He threw the ball very well on underneath and intermediate routes. He has polished footwork and the ball jumps out of his hand. Wilson spins it tight and has plenty of arm strength to drive the ball into small windows. An issue with deep-ball accuracy was the only flaw I saw during the sessions. Arm strength isn't to blame -- he just needs to get more air under the ball. That's a very correctable problem.

5) West Virginia QB Geno Smith was very impressive during the week. He is right around 6-3 and he has the frame to carry 225 pounds. The senior boasts a very live arm and his footwork was much better than I anticipated. Off the field, Smith has a great personality and he's very focused on taking his play to a new level in 2012.

6) LSU QB Zach Mettenberger is a very big man. He is at least 6-5 and he could easily carry 240 pounds on his frame. His delivery can get long at times, but he has outstanding arm strength. Mettenberger threw a beautiful deep ball during Saturday's workout. His accuracy and touch underneath are both works in progress entering his junior season.

7) Georgia QB Aaron Murray was shorter than I anticipated, but he was outstanding during Saturday night's throwing session. This junior is a good inch shorter than senior counterparts Barkley and Wilson, but he matched them throw for throw. He has very clean footwork in his drops, as well as a compact delivery. Murray can generate a lot of velocity and his accuracy was excellent at all three levels. I was surprised at how powerfully he threw the deep ball. Murray had as much range as any quarterback at the camp.

8) Washington State QB Jeff Tuel is going to be a perfect fit in new coach Mike Leach's offense. He is around 6-3 with a thick frame. He doesn't have a powerful arm, but he possesses excellent touch and accuracy. Tuel will thrive in a timing offense during his senior season.

9) Washington QB Keith Price is smaller than I expected. He's about the same height as Murray, but isn't nearly as thick. He doesn't have any characteristics as a thrower that wow you, but he's above average in all areas. Entering his junior campaign, Price has enough arm strength to make all the throws and can change ball speeds for underneath routes. It was very easy to like this guy after spending some time with him on Saturday afternoon. He has a fun personality and is very passionate about the game.

10) Oregon QB Bryan Bennett is around 6-2 with a very lean, muscular frame. The group did a conditioning run after Thursday's throwing session and it was easy to spot Bennett; he was about 15 yards ahead of everyone else. He has a long stride and can gain ground very quickly with minimal effort. During throwing sessions, the sophomore showcased one of the strongest arms in camp. His footwork is raw and his delivery can get a little long, but the ball just explodes out of his hand. Bennett has a lot of tools to work with and I'm anxious to see how the position battle shakes out in Eugene.

11) N.C. State QB Mike Glennon was a pleasant surprise during the weekend. He has outstanding size and arm strength. With a compact delivery, he effortlessly drives the ball on comebacks, curls and digs. He does need to work on deep-ball accuracy, but he has plenty of arm strength to get it out there. This is a player on the rise heading into his senior season with the Wolfpack.

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:27 PM

5) West Virginia QB Geno Smith was very impressive during the week. He is right around 6-3 and he has the frame to carry 225 pounds. The senior boasts a very live arm and his footwork was much better than I anticipated. Off the field, Smith has a great personality and he's very focused on taking his play to a new level in 2012.

LMAO **** you, BlackBob

DJ's left nut 11-26-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

SO MUCH ANGER

The Manti Te'o cries have already started. And most of them are coming from people that think we should just line him next to DJ as the TED.

Essentially we need to use the #1 overall pick on what may be the 8th most critical position on the defense.

Some fans are extremely stupid.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

SO MUCH ANGER

Dude, if you successfully sell the stupid Chiefs fans Geno Smith, there's no way the franchise can turn against this one.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9154476)
The Manti Te'o cries have already started. And most of them are coming from people that think we should just line him next to DJ as the TED.

Essentially we need to use the #1 overall pick on what may be the 8th most critical position on the defense.

Some fans are extremely stupid.

I imagine their brains work something like this in terms of critical reasoning:

Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, and Justin Houston. Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn. 1-15 and #1 overall pick. Solution? Draft Manti Te'o

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-26-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9154488)
I imagine their brains work something like this in terms of critical reasoning:

Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, and Justin Houston. Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn. 1-15 and #1 overall pick. Solution? Draft Manti Te'o

We all want a QB, Just some of use don't like what we see in Smith.

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:34 PM

Dear people who want to draft Te'o #1 overall.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me11hjIZcH1rzktlg.gif

BigMeatballDave 11-26-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9154494)

Are you ****ing blind?

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9154233)

Piece of shit troll, that's what I think

RealSNR 11-26-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9154494)

No. We all don't want a QB. Most of Chiefs Planet wants a QB. Most of the fanbase, however, is a bunch of drooling simpletons.

There are tons of cries among Chiefs fans who actually say, "No good QBs this year worthy of #1 overall. It'd be much better to take Manti Te'o or Jarvis Jones"

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-26-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9154497)
Are you ****ing blind?

No clear cut number 1 QB this year.Hate to tell you this. Combine and Workouts will set the market.

The Franchise 11-26-2012 05:37 PM

This should tell you everything you should need to know about drafting Manti Te'o.

I'm a HUGE Irish homer and Te'o is literally one of my top 3 players EVER for the Irish. That being said......I would kill myself if we passed on Geno Smith for Te'o at #1.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9154244)
even before holgerson in 2010 geno threw for 24 tds 7 ints in his sophomore year...

But, but, but the great SoCalDoucho said....

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:39 PM

LMAOLMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9154512)
But, but, but the great SoCalDoucho said....

RealSNR 11-26-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9154505)
No clear cut number 1 QB this year.Hate to tell you this. Combine and Workouts will set the market.

Manti Te'o could set the bench press mark using just his penis and I wouldn't give a ****ing shit. Any scenario where he goes #1 overall is the worst abortion to ever grace this earth.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9154514)
LMAOLMAO

Why should we listen to the scores of scouts that have him graded out as a top 5 pick, when we have some dumb**** troll from a cesspool of a board to give us the answers?

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-26-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9154515)
Manti Te'o could set the bench press mark using just his penis and I wouldn't give a ****ing shit. Any scenario where he goes #1 overall is the worst abortion to ever grace this earth.

I was talking about the QB Market. I don't want Te'o. Chiefs need to go QB nothing else.

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9154505)

O hai look.

Black Bob's twin brother.

At this point, I'm not sure how it can be any more clear cut.

Every reputable ranking has Geno as the top ranked QB.

Every reputable mock has Geno going 1st overall to KC.

It doesn't get much clearer than that. No one else is in the conversation.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-26-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9154523)
O hai look.

Why do you care what mocks in Nov say? Wait till the players go to the Combine and Workout for teams.

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9154518)
Why should we listen to the scores of scouts that have him graded out as a top 5 pick, when we have some dumb**** troll from a cesspool of a board to give us the answers?

^^This.
PGM is tearing it up tonight folks.

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9154527)
Why do you care what mocks in Nov say? Wait till the players go to the Combine and Workouts for teams.

What else is there to consider right now?

You can't say there's no clear cut option, when in fact, right now, there is.

IN YOUR OPINION, this may change in February.

Right now, it's as clear as can be.

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Why do you care what mocks in Nov say? Wait till the players go to the Combine and Workout for teams.

Okay, Pioli.

ROFL

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-26-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9154530)
What else is there to consider right now?

You can't say there's no clear cut option, when in fact, right now, there is.

IN YOUR OPINION, this may change in February.

Right now, it's as clear as can be.

How? Geno had 1 good game vs a top 25 team and you wanna crown him?

DeezNutz 11-26-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Absolutely. Don't let the actual games tell you anything. /Poe

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9154532)

:facepalm:

Apparently not just me, but every other reputable draft website/guru out there.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Mocks in November are usually inaccurate because people don't know which team will be picking #1 overall. The very second that college football ends will occur when the NFL regular season is over. That's when people will see "Kansas City #1 overall... they need a QB... who's the best QB... Geno Smith."

The workouts aren't going to change shit. People will act like it might and a few mocks and "experts" out there will say it's wide open, but it won't be. Remember, a bunch of media douchebags said RGIII should go at #1 overall over Luck last year.

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2012 05:48 PM

And in MY opinion, the draft opinions and mocks I see in November and December carry a helluva lot more weight than the one's I see in April.

Why?

Because in November and December, guys are being graded based on what they do on the field.

I could give two shits what happens in t-shirts and shorts.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

I didn't know that was the almighty standard upon which QBs are judged.

Somebody better tell the Indianapolis Colts before they pick that bust Andrew Luck who had a shitty bowl game against a top 25 team.

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9154555)

Somebody better tell the Indianapolis Colts before they pick that bust Andrew Luck who had a shitty bowl game against a top 25 team.

LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9154529)
^^This.
PGM is tearing it up tonight folks.

BUT HE DIDN'T PLAY IN A PRO STYLE OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, actually he did and played damn well as a Soph.

BUT HE'S THE NEXT (pulls the name of 7 Afro American QB's out ye bunghole)

Yeah, yeah we've had this argument before. Basically Donco fans are BlackBoob.

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9154555)

Or played poorly against a shitty Oregon D. LMAO

Chief_For_Life58 11-26-2012 05:53 PM

do inside linebackers win you superbowl rings? no, they dont

RealSNR 11-26-2012 05:54 PM

I should make a flowchart that dismisses all the illogical babble made against drafting Geno Smith

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9154549)
And in MY opinion, the draft opinions and mocks I see in November and December carry a helluva lot more weight than the one's I see in April.

Why?

Because in November and December, guys are being graded based on what they do on the field.

I could give two shits what happens in t-shirts and shorts.

:clap:

Chief_For_Life58 11-26-2012 05:54 PM

id reach on genos potential a hundred times outta a hundred then take a really good linebacker

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9154563)
BUT HE DIDN'T PLAY IN A PRO STYLE OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, actually he did and played damn well as a Soph.

BUT HE'S THE NEXT (pulls the name of 7 Afro American QB's out ye bunghole)

And there it is.

Sadly, I think it's true. People have an issue with him because he's black.

Christ, some ****tard yesterday told Pest that Smith reminds him of Vince Young. When pressed to reveal how he thought Geno and VY were similar OTHER than skin color, he goes off on this rant about how Geno's gonna blow his money on cars and diamonds and clothes and so on.

What is sad is that I think a lot of this fanbase feels the same as this ****tard did, but doesn't have the balls to admit to it.

Saccopoo 11-26-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9154287)
Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster

As difficult as it is to get info out of the org these days, I have heard (reliably) that the #Chiefs may prefer Tyler Wilson to Geno Smith.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...cc6bo1_500.gif

These ball gargling dickfaces need the axe right ****ing now!!!!

htismaqe 11-26-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9154470)
FWIW, this was Daniel Jeremiah's review of the QBs this summer at the Manning Academy:
THIBODAUX, La. -- For the past 17 years, the Manning Passing Academy has played host to high school quarterbacks, receivers and running backs from across the country. This past weekend, I had the opportunity to serve as a counselor at the camp. The other counselors consisted of a handful of NFL position coaches, dozens of high school coaches and 40 current college quarterbacks.

Peyton and Eli Manning organized and participated in two throwing sessions with the college quarterbacks. The group went through a private, one-hour workout on Thursday, and then put on a throwing exhibition for all of the campers Saturday night. (Side note: Cooper Manning served as the play-by-play man during the Saturday session, providing humorous comments throughout. The folks at Saturday Night Live might consider getting a third Manning to host the show.)

I was able to attend both throwing sessions. Here are 11 observations:

1) Peyton and Eli Manning led and participated in both workouts with the college quarterbacks. Peyton threw the ball very well. He went through the entire passing tree and was very accurate on every route. His velocity was solid, but he never fully let it rip on the deep ball. On the post and take-off routes, his ball traveled 45 yards in the air. He didn't have to strain to get the ball out there, but you could tell he is being a little cautious at this point in time. Eli was excellent. He consistently threw with good velocity, accuracy and touch.

2) USC QB Matt Barkley is right around 6-foot-2 and has a very thick build. I've seen Barkley play live several times during his college career and I noticed one big difference last week: His arm has gotten much stronger. He was able to drive the ball with more authority than he has in the past three years. He has always had great footwork and touch as a passer, but there were concerns about his ability to squeeze the ball into tight windows down the field. I was pleasantly surprised to watch him crank up the velocity on the deep comebacks during the workout on Saturday.

3) Tennessee QB Tyler Bray is much taller than I anticipated. The junior signal-caller is at least 6-5 with a very lanky build. He is natural and smooth in his drops and throws the ball free and easy. He is able to generate plenty of velocity to make all the necessary throws. Bray's body type and laid-back personality are reminiscent of Matt Leinart, but he can spin the ball much better.

4) Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson is exactly the same height as Barkley, but his build isn't nearly as thick as that of his fellow senior. He threw the ball very well on underneath and intermediate routes. He has polished footwork and the ball jumps out of his hand. Wilson spins it tight and has plenty of arm strength to drive the ball into small windows. An issue with deep-ball accuracy was the only flaw I saw during the sessions. Arm strength isn't to blame -- he just needs to get more air under the ball. That's a very correctable problem.

6) LSU QB Zach Mettenberger is a very big man. He is at least 6-5 and he could easily carry 240 pounds on his frame. His delivery can get long at times, but he has outstanding arm strength. Mettenberger threw a beautiful deep ball during Saturday's workout. His accuracy and touch underneath are both works in progress entering his junior season.

7) Georgia QB Aaron Murray was shorter than I anticipated, but he was outstanding during Saturday night's throwing session. This junior is a good inch shorter than senior counterparts Barkley and Wilson, but he matched them throw for throw. He has very clean footwork in his drops, as well as a compact delivery. Murray can generate a lot of velocity and his accuracy was excellent at all three levels. I was surprised at how powerfully he threw the deep ball. Murray had as much range as any quarterback at the camp.

8) Washington State QB Jeff Tuel is going to be a perfect fit in new coach Mike Leach's offense. He is around 6-3 with a thick frame. He doesn't have a powerful arm, but he possesses excellent touch and accuracy. Tuel will thrive in a timing offense during his senior season.

9) Washington QB Keith Price is smaller than I expected. He's about the same height as Murray, but isn't nearly as thick. He doesn't have any characteristics as a thrower that wow you, but he's above average in all areas. Entering his junior campaign, Price has enough arm strength to make all the throws and can change ball speeds for underneath routes. It was very easy to like this guy after spending some time with him on Saturday afternoon. He has a fun personality and is very passionate about the game.

10) Oregon QB Bryan Bennett is around 6-2 with a very lean, muscular frame. The group did a conditioning run after Thursday's throwing session and it was easy to spot Bennett; he was about 15 yards ahead of everyone else. He has a long stride and can gain ground very quickly with minimal effort. During throwing sessions, the sophomore showcased one of the strongest arms in camp. His footwork is raw and his delivery can get a little long, but the ball just explodes out of his hand. Bennett has a lot of tools to work with and I'm anxious to see how the position battle shakes out in Eugene.

11) N.C. State QB Mike Glennon was a pleasant surprise during the weekend. He has outstanding size and arm strength. With a compact delivery, he effortlessly drives the ball on comebacks, curls and digs. He does need to work on deep-ball accuracy, but he has plenty of arm strength to get it out there. This is a player on the rise heading into his senior season with the Wolfpack.

Sounds to me like this QB class might be BETTER than some are making it out to be, rather than worse.

DeezNutz 11-26-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9154582)
Sounds to me like this QB class might be BETTER than some are making it out to be, rather than worse.

Since the Chiefs will have their pick of the litter, they'll all suck according to the True Fan.

htismaqe 11-26-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9154466)
I'm sure you know the old saying about passing the ball:

Three things can happen and two of them are bad.

Well, if Pioli gets a reprieve, three things can happen with this pick, and two of them are bad.

He's either going to pick the right QB, which is unlikely, he's going to pick the wrong QB, or he's not going to pick a QB at all.

The same can be said for the hypothetical new GM, too.

They're going to take a QB. Whether or not it turns out to be the RIGHT QB is what is at stake.

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9154578)
And there it is.

Christ, some ****tard yesterday told Pest that Smith reminds him of Vince Young. When pressed to reveal how he thought Geno and VY were similar OTHER than skin color, he goes off on this rant about how Geno's gonna blow his money on cars and diamonds and clothes and so on.

What is sad is that I think a lot of this fanbase feels the same as this ****tard did, but doesn't have the balls to admit to it.

Well, I for one can't wait to see Geno rub it in their faces.

And then buy diamonds and cars and clothes and say "**** you" to those racist donut-punchers.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

And there it is.

Yep. And there are numerous instances where this reaction is made more subtle just by spouting crap they have no clue about. A common one I've seen around the internet is "Geno Smith isn't smart enough to play QB in the NFL."

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

And there it is.

There is absolutely a huge faction of NFL fans that feel that way. It's sad and pathetic that people still think that way. Some dumb****s even compare him to Akili Smith. JFC.

htismaqe 11-26-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9154523)
O hai look.

Scott Wright has the Chiefs taking Barkley and the Jags taking Geno with the 2nd pick.

But his mock was last updated October 27th.

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 06:00 PM

The worst thing to come out of the Geno love is idiots comparing him to every black QB under the sun.

Vince Young, yay!

The Franchise 11-26-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

And there it is.

What's funny is that if the guy wanted to compare him to Vince Young....he should have been worried about Geno Smith making multiple trips to TGI Fridays.....not buying diamonds and cars.

And FWIW.....that guy was a ****ing reerun.

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9154592)
Scott Wright has the Chiefs taking Barkley and the Jags taking Geno with the 2nd pick.

But his mock was last updated October 27th.

Yeah, that will change.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

It's a deep, deep class for sure. I'd take 5 or 6 of these guys over Weeden, and probably 6 or 7 of them over Osweiler and the other slapdicks from the middle rounds of last year's class

The Franchise 11-26-2012 06:02 PM

Want a good mock to follow? Walterfootball.com

That guy updates his shit every week. Plus he has another writer that does his own mock as well.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 06:02 PM

I've seen him compared to Young, Culpepper, Smith, McNabb, Cambpell, and even Vick LMAO

htismaqe 11-26-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9154598)
Yeah, that will change.

Yep.

Saccopoo 11-26-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Idiot.

LSU last year.

The 2012 Orange Bowl (where he broke all of Brady's OB records)

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9154599)
It's a deep, deep class for sure. I'd take 5 or 6 of these guys over Weeden, and probably 6 or 7 of them over Osweiler and the other slapdicks from the middle rounds of last year's class

Agreed.

None of them are a Luck/RGIII prospect, but there are a handful of guys that are better prospects than the Tannehills/Ponders/Lockers of the world.

I think Geno is obviously tops in the class, followed by a bit of a gap.

Then you could throw Barkley, Murray, Wilson and Bray all into a hat and pick.

Saccopoo 11-26-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

It's a nice QB class.

The problem is, it's coming after the most hyped QB in history in Andrew Luck and the Mensa Mike Vick in Griffin.

There is a lot of talent at the QB position in this draft.

DJ's left nut 11-26-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9154611)
Agreed.

None of them are a Luck/RGIII prospect, but there are a handful of guys that are better prospects than the Tannehills/Ponders/Lockers of the world.

I think Geno is obviously tops in the class, followed by a bit of a gap.

Then you could throw Barkley, Murray, Wilson and Bray all into a hat and pick.

Eh, it's more involved than that. It's really want you want at that point.

If you want a high risk, high reward guy - you go Bray and trust that you can mature him over the next couple of years.

You want a 'safe' pick - you go Barkley and build a WCO around him.

Don't put stock in height as a determining factor? Then Murray is your guy; he'll, he's been a better pure passer than Smith this year.

Swear by the Bledsoe/Manning model of tall, strong-armed passers but don't want to run the risk of a Cutler-esque douche in your huddle (i.e. Bray), then Landry Jones is your guy.

And Wilson is probably the best overall blend of polish and potential outside of Geno in the draft.

After Smith, there are so many ways to distinguish each of these picks from each other, everyone should be able to find a #2 choice based on their preferences at the position. It's just just a pile of faceless QBs, these are all very different guys that could all succeed for very different reasons.

It's a fascinating QB draft.

Saccopoo 11-26-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9154588)
Yep. And there are numerous instances where this reaction is made more subtle just by spouting crap they have no clue about. A common one I've seen around the internet is "Geno Smith isn't smart enough to play QB in the NFL."

Yep. The guy who was in the gifted programs in school and a guy who's Head Coach and AD say is one of the smartest players they've ever been around.

****ing morons aren't smart enough to watch the NFL, let alone comment on it.

BoneKrusher 11-26-2012 06:09 PM

check out this two round mock from Draft Countdown:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54612