ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life **** OFFICIAL 2015 Flopnut's Fatties Weight-loss Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289731)

KC native 07-02-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 11577739)
It actually does. Can't have sugar, can't have a Big Mac, can't have cock. No wonder he's so angry

LMAO

Titty Meat 07-16-2015 07:05 PM

Is there an ideal time to weight yourself? Sunday I was 225 weds it said 233 highly doubtful I out on 8 pounds in 3 days

lewdog 07-16-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11602713)
Is there an ideal time to weight yourself? Sunday I was 225 weds it said 233 highly doubtful I out on 8 pounds in 3 days

Did you increase your sodium intake for those three days?

Rain Man 07-16-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Were you wearing different clothes?

After significant effort, I'm down to 183 right now. I'm making progress. That's almost 25 percent of my goal.

Titty Meat 07-17-2015 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11602732)
Did you increase your sodium intake for those three days?

Maybe I literally just ate chicken omelettes and hash browns for dinner and chili for lunch.

Sully 07-17-2015 08:22 AM

I think I accidentally started the Keto several weeks back...

I went to the doctor several weeks ago. First time in 20+ years (aside from minute clinic-type places). Obviously weight is an issue (can't wait for my CP stalker to start sending me pms about how fat I am, again!), and he simy tells me to stop eating starch and sugar, eat all the meat, veggies, and fruit that I want. So I've been doing that for about a month. Given myself a couple of cheat days, but otherwise been pretty strict.

I realized I started having to pee all the damn time, and worried that I had symptoms of diabetes. Got online to Google if it had anything to do with how I'd been eating, and found out I've been loosely following keto.

I've lost, on average, 3 lbs per week, which is great. My goal is 100 lbs by January, 150 by next summer.
But I am getting sick of eating the same shit all the time. Thing is, I'm a very picky eater, and I hate most veggies and fish...

KC native 07-17-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

I try to weigh myself first thing in the morning.

You should only make comparisons if you're weighing yourself at the same time of the day for all the weighings.

The Franchise 07-17-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11603196)
I think I accidentally started the Keto several weeks back...

I went to the doctor several weeks ago. First time in 20+ years (aside from minute clinic-type places). Obviously weight is an issue (can't wait for my CP stalker to start sending me pms about how fat I am, again!), and he simy tells me to stop eating starch and sugar, eat all the meat, veggies, and fruit that I want. So I've been doing that for about a month. Given myself a couple of cheat days, but otherwise been pretty strict.

I realized I started having to pee all the damn time, and worried that I had symptoms of diabetes. Got online to Google if it had anything to do with how I'd been eating, and found out I've been loosely following keto.

I've lost, on average, 3 lbs per week, which is great. My goal is 100 lbs by January, 150 by next summer.
But I am getting sick of eating the same shit all the time. Thing is, I'm a very picky eater, and I hate most veggies and fish...

It sounds to me like you're loosely following paleo instead of keto. Keto is anything less than 20 carbs in a day and if you're eating fruit....then you're definitely going over those 20 carbs.

Hammock Parties 07-17-2015 10:00 AM

Be the 0.5%

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-33551498

Quote:

The chance of returning to a normal weight after becoming obese is only one in 210 for men and one in 124 for women over a year, research suggests.

For severe obesity, shedding excess weight in a year is even more unlikely, a study of UK health records concluded.

Researchers say current strategies for helping obese patients are failing.

A team from King's College London is calling for "wider-reaching public health policies" to prevent people becoming obese in the first place.

Lead researcher Dr Alison Fildes said the main treatment options offered to obese people in the UK - weight management programmes via their GP - were not working for the vast majority.

"Treatment needs to focus on stopping people gaining more weight and maintaining even small levels of weight loss," she said.

"Current strategies that focus on cutting calories and boosting physical activity aren't working for most patients to achieve weight loss and maintain that.

"The greatest opportunity for fighting the obesity epidemic might be in public health policies to prevent it in the first place at a population level."

Health records

The research tracked the weight of 278,982 men and women between 2004 and 2014 using electronic health records.

People who had had weight loss surgery were excluded.

During the study, 1,283 men and 2,245 women got back to a normal body weight.

For obese people (with a Body Mass Index of 30 to 35), the annual probability of slimming down was one in 210 for men and one in 124 for women.

This increased to one in 1,290 for men and one in 677 for women with morbid obesity (BMI 40 to 45).

Dr Fildes said the figures for losing 5% of body weight were more encouraging - one in 12 men and one in 10 women managed this over a year, although most had regained the weight within five years.

And more than a third of the men and women studied went though cycles of weight loss and weight gain.

Co-researcher Prof Martin Gulliford of King's College London said current strategies to tackle obesity were failing to help the majority of obese patients shed weight.

"The greatest opportunity for stemming the current obesity epidemic is in wider-reaching public health policies to prevent obesity in the population," he said.

Aspengc8 07-17-2015 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11603280)
It sounds to me like you're loosely following paleo instead of keto. Keto is anything less than 20 carbs in a day and if you're eating fruit....then you're definitely going over those 20 carbs.

the 20g/day carb thing is really for people that are sedentary. the diet is not really ideal for active individuals and ive seen guys test positive for ketones on 150g/day, lifting 6 days/week with 2-3 hiit sessions.

The Franchise 07-17-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 11603310)
the 20g/day carb thing is really for people that are sedentary. the diet is not really ideal for active individuals and ive seen guys test positive for ketones on 150g/day, lifting 6 days/week with 2-3 hiit sessions.

Did not know that. Damn.

MagicHef 07-17-2015 10:46 AM

I'm down to 186, so I've completed 35% of my goal.

Unfortunately, the year is 54% complete.

pr_capone 09-24-2015 08:07 AM

This thread hasn't been updated in a while...

While I never joined up in this thread, I started the year off at 312lb. Current weight is 242 for a total of 70 pounds lost so far this year.

Titty Meat 09-24-2015 09:07 AM

Good job bruh!

Titty Meat 09-24-2015 08:11 PM

Too many people I know are bullshitting me lately im 6'2 220 someone tell me that's fat