ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

jd1020 03-10-2013 02:15 PM

I don't buy this shit about Smith being Reid's solution to the QB position. Supposedly, we gave up our 2.2 and a conditional 3rd. Who knows how good that 2014 pick will be.

Meanwhile Smith will be 29 by the time the season comes around and we have 2 QBs on the roster and the other one is completely useless.

I fully expect Dorsey and Reid to make a push for a developmental QB in this draft and build him up to replace Smith in a couple years.

B14ckmon 03-10-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9482971)
That QB is apparently not Geno Smith or Matt Barkley. Either we take a rancid turd like Matt Scott or Landry Jones in the back of the draft (puke) or we wait until NEXT YEAR once a****inggain to magically be in that right moment in the right mindset with the right coaches and the right personnel, and find the right guy in the right year with the right skills for the right offense in the right year of the Chinese zodiac.

It's such a shame that Geno had to get drafted in the year of the Snake. Andy Reid and Dorsey are big on QBs in Dog and Rabbit years. Occasionally a Rat or Dragon will work out, but he generally needs a Dog or Rabbit. McNabb was a Rabbit.

Your love of Geno has clouded your judgement on next years QB class. Because there are going to be a lot of good QBs next year. People are sleeping hard on Boyd for whatever reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9483140)
I don't buy this shit about Smith being Reid's solution to the QB position. Supposedly, we gave up our 2.2 and a conditional 3rd. Who knows how good that 2014 pick will be.

Meanwhile Smith will be 29 by the time the season comes around and we have 2 QBs on the roster and the other one is completely useless.

I fully expect Dorsey and Reid to make a push for a developmental QB in this draft and build him up to replace Smith in a couple years.

Have fun with Zac Dysert or Bray.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-10-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9483130)
Maybe he is BlackBobs Uncle?

LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 03-10-2013 02:46 PM

**** Tajh Boyd JFC He won't be considered good enough either as will Bridgewater or any other QB that would be available near KC's 1st round selection. Remember, they are NO LUCK!!!

B14ckmon 03-10-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9483237)
**** Tajh Boyd JFC He won't be considered good enough either as will Bridgewater or any other QB that would be available near KC's 1st round selection. Remember, they are NO LUCK!!!

I'd rather have Teddy than Luck. Luck ****ing sucked last year. He threw like the 4th most passes in the league with one of the worst completion percentages.

Boyd is a beast. He had 4500 total yards and 46 TDs.

milkman 03-10-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9483125)
How long would you expect a team to stick to a starter freshly signed to a 100 million dollar contract?

How about a guy they drafted with a 36th overall pick and groomed for a couple years?

I don't think that Reid will stick with Smith if he struggles.

I do, however, expect that he will stick with him if the Chiefs are winng games and making playoff appearences, which I expect he will be good enough to do.

Alex Smith is not a terrible QB.

He's just good enough to keep you competing for playoff bounce parties.

King_Chief_Fan 03-10-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9482605)
Rape is funny

glad you enjoyed it

milkman 03-10-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9483076)
if he is your qb for three years, he is playing well, and you are winning games.

that would be a horrible thing.

The Chiefs won more games in the 90s than all but three teams.

**** just winning games.

I want to see another SB before I die.

RealSNR 03-10-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9483142)
Your love of Geno has clouded your judgement on next years QB class. Because there are going to be a lot of good QBs next year. People are sleeping hard on Boyd for whatever reason.

You don't get it, do you?

If Bridgewater or Boyd are worth a shit in the 2014 draft, they'll both go in the top 5. That goes for any and all QBs that are supposedly "worth" spending a 1st round pick on.

At least as it stands, Kansas City figures to not be picking in the top 5. They got their game manager QB who doesn't turn the ball over (apparently). They've got their overdrafted offensive line, and a coach who doesn't suck AIDS. They're clearly making a big push to win at least 7 games this season.

Our situation turns into the way it's always been. Draft in the back half and pray for the shit to fall, or be so invested in the game manager guy we gave up picks for that we can't afford a trade up to get a "real" QB.

The hilarious part is going to be when guys at the level of Geno Smith fly off the board before we even have a chance to think about them. We're going to be picking WRs, CBs, safeties, DL, OL, and all that ****ing garbage from now on. Our only hope is to find the next Russell Wilson. And it's all because Reid wanted to "win now" with Alex Smith.

He can rectify the situation by picking Geno, who is a potential franchise QB available at our spot for ****ing once. If he passes, it's possible that we're going to have to wait for the next time our GM blows up the team and rebuilds, granting us the #1 overall pick in the draft. And if he does wait that long and passes AGAIN, I can hear dumb****s like you cackling like a bunch of reeruned crows, "JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR! YOU CAN PICK A QB ANY TIME! DON'T REACH CUZ WHAT IF HE BUSTS???"

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-10-2013 04:43 PM

ugh...same ol' Thiefs: stealing the hope away from legitimate football fans who would like to see this franchise move beyond 1970.
Posted via Mobile Device

B14ckmon 03-10-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9483506)
You don't get it, do you?

If Bridgewater or Boyd are worth a shit in the 2014 draft, they'll both go in the top 5. That goes for any and all QBs that are supposedly "worth" spending a 1st round pick on.

At least as it stands, Kansas City figures to not be picking in the top 5. They got their game manager QB who doesn't turn the ball over (apparently). They've got their overdrafted offensive line, and a coach who doesn't suck AIDS. They're clearly making a big push to win at least 7 games this season.

Our situation turns into the way it's always been. Draft in the back half and pray for the shit to fall, or be so invested in the game manager guy we gave up picks for that we can't afford a trade up to get a "real" QB.

The hilarious part is going to be when guys at the level of Geno Smith fly off the board before we even have a chance to think about them. We're going to be picking WRs, CBs, safeties, DL, OL, and all that ****ing garbage from now on. Our only hope is to find the next Russell Wilson. And it's all because Reid wanted to "win now" with Alex Smith.

He can rectify the situation by picking Geno, who is a potential franchise QB available at our spot for ****ing once. If he passes, it's possible that we're going to have to wait for the next time our GM blows up the team and rebuilds, granting us the #1 overall pick in the draft. And if he does wait that long and passes AGAIN, I can hear dumb****s like you cackling like a bunch of reeruned crows, "JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR! YOU CAN PICK A QB ANY TIME! DON'T REACH CUZ WHAT IF HE BUSTS???"

The problem with your argument, is that there are a ****load of amazing NON QB prospects likely in next years drafts. There might be multiple WR in the top 10 even. So there will be a lot of good QB prospects likely in the first round next year.

SAUTO 03-10-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9482924)
you know, i do think there are some really educated people on this forum, from a football standpoint,, and then there are just reeruns like you, and sour limp dick, and i just shake my head. If turds like you werent here, this site would be so much better.

You cant understand how brady and rodgers having the same systems their entire career, and having the luxury to sit and learn the qb position without being thrust in too early would benefit those two guys?

My ****ing god. Your parents should both be slapped.

Again, no matter what else. Coaching, team around them, etc...

Brady and Rodgers do not have the limitations of being mediocre.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-10-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9483525)
The problem with your argument, is that there are a ****load of amazing NON QB prospects likely in next years drafts. There might be multiple WR in the top 10 even. So there will be a lot of good QB prospects likely in the first round next year.

the problem with this post is the fact we have heard it for thirty years.

Next year is the year of the qb
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-10-2013 04:56 PM

It's time. If not this draft, there is no reason to believe it will ever happen. Dorsey and Reid aren't "move up the board" kind of guys, and Clark doesn't have the balls of Washington ownership. And no, Lil Chiefy, I do not give a **** about your opinion of the Redskins owner, so just put it back in your vagina and don't even go there.
Posted via Mobile Device

B14ckmon 03-10-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9483536)
the problem with this post is the fact we have heard it for thirty years.

Next year is the year of the qb
Posted via Mobile Device

And it has been a lot of years.