ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Dexter (Showtime) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150271)

Ebolapox 11-09-2021 01:49 PM

Yeah... anybody else see the first episode?

BigRock 11-09-2021 02:36 PM

I thought it was... ehhh.

Seemed lame that he could control himself for 10 years and get a normal life, and seemingly couldn't even kill a deer he was trying to hunt, but then he just HAS to kill this one douchebag and put everything at risk. Like, they're showing that women are going missing so presumably there's a serial killer around. If Dexter fell off the wagon to kill that guy, OK. But some spoiled dudebro? Eh.

And if this all ends with
Spoiler!
, ehhh x 10.

Tribal Warfare 11-09-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 15945122)

Seemed lame that he could control himself for 10 years and get a normal life, and seemingly couldn't even kill a deer he was trying to hunt, but then he just HAS to kill this one douchebag and put everything at risk. Like, they're showing that women are going missing so presumably there's a serial killer around. If Dexter fell off the wagon to kill that guy, OK. But some spoiled dudebro? Eh.

Spoiler!
, ehhh x 10.

Trinity remained dormant for years until something triggers his "Dark Passenger"

With Dexter it was seeing Harrison

listopencil 11-10-2021 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 15945122)

Spoiler!
, ehhh x 10.

I know what you mean, but no one wants to see a show about him controlling himself for a decade. So in TV land the story picks up where the action begins.

Simply Red 11-10-2021 09:02 AM

not bad, just re-intro'ing the series, I think next episode will be telling of if this Season 9 will sink or swim.

Ebolapox 11-10-2021 09:32 AM

I loved how he was banging a cop chick within a few minutes of episode start.

Also, thanks for the obvious symbolism with the white stag. Get it? he can't kill anymore! then he's pushed into it! it's not his fault!

listopencil 11-11-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 15946170)
I loved how he was banging a cop chick within a few minutes of episode start.

Also, thanks for the obvious symbolism with the white stag. Get it? he can't kill anymore! then he's pushed into it! it's not his fault!

The first episode wasn't particularly well written. The dick shaped scar on that one guy's face was a stupid idea, for instance. I'll keep watching for now to see how it goes.

BigRedChief 11-11-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 15946170)

not that subtle huh?

Tribal Warfare 11-14-2021 11:39 AM

Ghost Debra is more irritating than when she was alive

Molitoth 11-27-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15949643)
The first episode wasn't particularly well written. The dick shaped scar on that one guy's face was a stupid idea, for instance. I'll keep watching for now to see how it goes.

Really? That upset you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15952489)
Ghost Debra is more irritating than when she was alive

This is true. I would have preferred they left her character out of the show, but Dexter has always had an imaginary relationship with a dead relative questioning his decisions, so it makes sense.

Molitoth 11-27-2021 07:44 PM

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this season.

Spoiler!

Bump 11-27-2021 09:46 PM

watched the 1st episode last night. Somewhat entertaining but
Spoiler!

get outta here

Molitoth 11-28-2021 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 15978919)
watched the 1st episode last night. Somewhat entertaining but
Spoiler!

get outta here

He explains how he tracks him down.

Molitoth 11-30-2021 07:56 PM

I really enjoyed episode 4. It was predictable, but I'll still take it.

kevrunner 12-12-2021 03:41 PM

I thought that was a good episode, Harrison is a beast on the mat.