ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Fisher to LT? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282553)

Pasta Little Brioni 04-23-2014 06:44 AM

JFC we argue about dumb shit here...and double in size ROFL

Aspengc8 04-23-2014 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10579706)
No it's not reasonable at all to expect ANYONE to gain 10 pounds of muscle in 5-6 months.

20lbs of muscle in a year is doable, especially when nutrition, rest and supplements are in check. You figure when bulking, you aim for 1lb/week bodyweight gain. To be fair, half is fat/half muscle (unless on peds). 52lbs/year, easily will yield 20lbs of muscle if you trained your ass off, so I think 10/per 6 months is doable, especially with the assistance these guys get.

RealSNR 04-23-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10579718)
David Carr
Tim Couch
Courtney Brown
Kijana Carter
Jamarcus Russell

If Eric Fisher stays on this path, he'll be just as shitty as all of them.

In fact, I'd argue worse. He was the "safe" pick that ended up being a dumpster fire.

RunKC 04-23-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10579692)
We are talking about adding 5 pounds in 4 almost 5 months.

For a guy in a NFL strength and conditioning program, that's sad.

Also, lets not act as if Fishers frame is muscle bound, the guy looks very soft for a 300 pounder. Adding muscle when you have a fat % like Fisher isn't as hard as you're making it seem.

JFC you are one dumb mother****er.

The guy had shoulder surgery. He had to recover. Now he's said he's put on 5 lbs without lifting the way he would like. Translation: my shoulder hurts like ****ing hell and I'm doing everything I can to put muscle on.

The fact that he's been able to put 5 lbs of muscle aka "good weight" on directly after surgery without lifting the way he wants to (aka he's still not cleared to lift 100%) is not bad at all.

It's hard enough for a healthy person to put on 5 lbs of muscle. Someone coming off shoulder surgery? Way harder.

Rausch 04-23-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10580005)
In fact, I'd argue worse. He was the "safe" pick that ended up being a dumpster fire.

This I disagree with. Fisher was the high talent/high risk guy that was a Combine warrior.

The "safe" pick was made by Jacksonville. A 4 year starter that faced top college competition.

Our pick was a big fish in a small pond. To me that was a similar pick to Poe and even more risky because we made it at 1.1

boogblaster 04-23-2014 10:01 AM

Hopefully he amounts too sumpin this year ....

Marcellus 04-23-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10580020)
This I disagree with. Fisher was the high talent/high risk guy that was a Combine warrior.

The "safe" pick was made by Jacksonville. A 4 year starter that faced top college competition.

Our pick was a big fish in a small pond. To me that was a similar pick to Poe and even more risky because we made it at 1.1

Yea people completely misinterpret the Fisher pick because he was a tackle.

He was a risky pick with high upside potential.

LoneWolf 04-23-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10580005)
If Eric Fisher stays on this path, he'll be just as shitty as all of them.

He was an improving player towards the end of last season. I would say his path is going up not down. Add to that he was playing a new position and wasn't healthy for most of the season and I think there are reasons to be optimistic.

Dave Lane 04-23-2014 10:15 AM

When a guy had 5 injuries his rookie season its hard to be optimistic.

RealSNR 04-23-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10580031)
Yea people completely misinterpret the Fisher pick because he was a tackle.

He was a risky pick with high upside potential.

Then he was a shitty pick.

It's ****ing idiocy to pick a high upside guy at #1 overall when he's a ****ing OT.

Marcellus 04-23-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10580064)
Then he was a shitty pick.

It's ****ing idiocy to pick a high upside guy at #1 overall when he's a ****ing OT.

All I was saying is he wasn't a "safe/conservative" pick like everyone wants to make it out.

Its too soon to know if he was a shitty pick. Yea he had a rough rookie season.

Why is it idiocy to pick a high upside guy at #1? If it is then you are saying you should only take the safe picks.

Which is it?

RealSNR 04-23-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10580093)
All I was saying is he wasn't a "safe/conservative" pick like everyone wants to make it out.

Its too soon to know if he was a shitty pick. Yea he had a rough rookie season.

Why is it idiocy to pick a high upside guy at #1? If it is then you are saying you should only take the safe picks.

Which is it?

It's idiocy to take a high upside guy at #1 when he's an OT. That's what I'm saying.

If he played QB or DE/OLB, that'd be a different story.

****, I'd even make a case for a Dontari Poe-type of player if that's what the best of the draft could offer (that's if the need presented itself to us in that way)

Marcellus 04-23-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10580143)
It's idiocy to take a high upside guy at #1 when he's an OT. That's what I'm saying.

If he played QB or DE/OLB, that'd be a different story.

****, I'd even make a case for a Dontari Poe-type of player if that's what the best of the draft could offer (that's if the need presented itself to us in that way)

Keep in mind I wanted us to keep Albert and draft a defensive player but that being said I still don't agree it was simply foolish. It depends on what you think his ceiling is at LT.

If he is going to be an exceptional player at that position, in your belief, then you do it. Willie Roaf, Orlando Pace, guys like that basically negated the other teams best pass rusher while adding a + to the running game.

That's extremely valuable and makes your passing and running games both more effective.

There is a reason LT has been drafted so high for so long by so many teams.