ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***The Official MMA Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230465)

bigjosh 12-31-2017 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13317108)
An entire 5 rounds of stand up fighting and Cyborg won every round in strikes and clearly did more damage but 2 judges go 48-47? I'm just lost when it comes to judging.

"Octogon control"

that gives the judges the leeway to score things however the **** they want.

Another way to make sure that whoever vegas wants to win in a decision, will win in a decision.

jd1020 12-31-2017 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13317111)
"Octogon control"

Another way to make sure that whoever vegas wants to win in a decision, will win in a decision.

Holm never controlled the Octagon, though. She was backing up and circling left along the fence damn near all fight. It wasn't until the 5th round when she started throwing the same boring combination over and over every couple seconds that she was even in the middle.

The most she ever did was grab on for dear life and put her against the cage for 30 seconds to have a cup of tea, because she sure as shit wasn't trying to throw any kind of shots or take her to the ground when she had her pinned.

kcxiv 12-31-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13317111)
"Octogon control"

i dont think holly had any kinda control. She got in a few good hits, but most of the time, she was just basically running. Cybor was calm and smooth and cool the whole fight. I dont think she got tired one bit. lol

bigjosh 12-31-2017 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13317113)
Holm never controlled the Octagon, though. She was backing up and circling left along the fence damn near all fight. It wasn't until the 5th round when she started throwing the same boring combination over and over every couple seconds that she was even in the middle.

The most she ever did was grab on for dear life and put her against the cage for 30 seconds to have a cup of tea, because she sure as shit wasn't trying to throw any kind of shots or take her to the ground when she had her pinned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13317117)
i dont think holly had any kinda control. She got in a few good hits, but most of the time, she was just basically running. Cybor was calm and smooth and cool the whole fight. I dont think she got tired one bit. lol

Im not saying she had control. I am just saying that the judging is subjective. Cyborg obviously won. I give holm credit for fighting through what is likely a broken nose at the end of the first round. But like you said she controlled pretty much none of the fight.

jd1020 12-31-2017 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13317117)
I dont think she got tired one bit. lol

I don't think she did either. You could tell even late in the fight there were times where the smell of blood came out and she was going after Holm like a freight train.

Holm's entire camp appeared to be 3 things. 1) Circle left, 2) Left straight, 3) Left head kick.

listopencil 12-31-2017 12:27 AM

I don't really watch this MMA stuff, but why were they letting that man beat up on the blonde chick?

jd1020 12-31-2017 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13317123)
I don't really watch this MMA stuff, but why were they letting that man beat up on the blonde chick?

Because they havent figured out how to test for what he is taking now. Yet.

listopencil 12-31-2017 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13317124)
Because they havent figured out how to test for what he is taking now. Yet.

Can't they test for a Y chromosome?

alnorth 01-01-2018 12:11 AM

Khabib is a terrifying man. That fight looked like Chuck Norris found a bear on his property, tried to kick it, and then the bear ****ing ate him.

alnorth 01-05-2018 12:14 PM

Penne has been suspended for 18 months for steroids. She was apparently taking some supplement at the direction of a doctor who was unfamiliar with the needs of UFC athletes. She tried to get a retroactive TUE, but couldn't get it because that supplement was not medically necessary.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">UFC Athlete Jessica Penne Accepts Sanction for Anti-Doping Policy Violation <a href="https://t.co/4TJclgUU8M">https://t.co/4TJclgUU8M</a></p>&mdash; USADA (@usantidoping) <a href="https://twitter.com/usantidoping/status/949340395103809536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

listopencil 01-07-2018 08:00 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P3WaVactj5M" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

alnorth 01-10-2018 06:18 PM

The UFC is back for just about every weekend for the forseeable future, and we start out with a pretty good UFC card in St. Louis. (I'll be there! Lower level, at the cage, 14 rows back)

Saturday

7pm - (Fightpass) - Invicta FC 27, Kianzad vs. Kaufman

This is actually pretty good by Invicta's low standards, no title fight but some of their top fighters are on the card.

Sunday

7pm TV - (5pm Fightpass/7pm FS1) - UFC Fight Night, Stephens vs. Choi

This is a fantastic UFC card by free TV standards. Every fight on the main card is interesting, the main event should be violent, and the prelims are good. Hell, we got Darren "the Damage" Elkins in the feature prelim, who is the guy who probably was in the fight of the year last year. Even the fightpass prelims has a couple nice matchups.

raybec 4 01-17-2018 03:11 PM

UFC 220 is Saturday, it's got 2 really top shelf fights on it. I think that Bellator trainwreck tournament starts this weekend too,

alnorth 01-17-2018 05:04 PM

Putting up the schedule now because those wacky Alaskans have fights on tonight.

Wednesday

11pm - (Fightpass) - AFC 136

Very low-level promotion, but there's nothing else on tonight.

Saturday

7pm TV - (6pm Fightpass/7pm FS1/9pm PPV) - UFC 220, Miocic vs. Ngannou

You are going to the bar or you are paying for this PPV for one reason and one reason only: the last two fights are for the UFC's top 2 titles. The UFC also knows this, so they made little to no effort to support this card. As long as the main event and co-main hold together, it'll work out but the rest of the card is terrible even for UFC free TV standards without those 2 title fights. The title fights will be sometime after 10pm, so plan accordingly if you plan to tune in late.

8pm - (Spike Paramount) - Bellator 192, Rampage vs. Sonnen

The last 2 fights (including the first fight in their Heavyweight tournament) are good, everything else on the card is a pass. More importantly, why the hell is Bellator going up against the UFC during their HW and LHW title fight PPV? This won't go well for Bellator.

edit: Spike has been rebranded to the Paramount Network. If you had Spike before, it should be the same channel on your TV.

raybec 4 01-18-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13367290)
Putting up the schedule now because those wacky Alaskans have fights on tonight.

Wednesday

11pm - (Fightpass) - AFC 136

Very low-level promotion, but there's nothing else on tonight.

Saturday

7pm TV - (6pm Fightpass/7pm FS1/9pm PPV) - UFC 220, Miocic vs. Ngannou

You are going to the bar or you are paying for this PPV for one reason and one reason only: the last two fights are for the UFC's top 2 titles. The UFC also knows this, so they made little to no effort to support this card. As long as the main event and co-main hold together, it'll work out but the rest of the card is terrible even for UFC free TV standards without those 2 title fights. The title fights will be sometime after 10pm, so plan accordingly if you plan to tune in late.

8pm - (Spike) - Bellator 192, Rampage vs. Sonnen

The last 2 fights (including the first fight in their Heavyweight tournament) are good, everything else on the card is a pass. More importantly, why the hell is Bellator going up against the UFC during their HW and LHW title fight PPV? This won't go well for Bellator.

If I remember correctly, Bellator scheduled the date first.