ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

duncan_idaho 07-30-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9844533)
Assembling Howie Kendrick Trade Packages

They have the Orioles, Rockies, Tigers and A's as other teams they put trades together for.

If the Orioles are moving Jonathan Schoop, the Angels better be willing to part with Mark Trumbo, too. Trumbo+Kendrick for Schoop seems about right.

I'd still much rather do that deal without including Duffy, if it is happening. Just a bigger believer in him as a starter than with Ventura (Duffy is also more ready to contribute at MLB-level next season).

BlackHelicopters 07-30-2013 08:29 AM

The problem remains:GMDM is never the smartest guy in the room.

DeezNutz 07-30-2013 08:30 AM

Couldn't we call up Duffy right now? And, if we're really "going for it," this needs to happen immediately. Continuing to start Davies is Barnyard dumb.

BigCatDaddy 07-30-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9844546)
I would still prefer to keep Duffy over Ventura assuming he is healthy.

I would prefer Wade Davis :shrug:

mr. tegu 07-30-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9844554)
I would prefer Wade Davis :shrug:

Davis, Getz, and a player to be named later for Hendrick? Sounds good!

mr. tegu 07-30-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9844555)
Couldn't we call up Duffy right now? And, if we're really "going for it," this needs to happen immediately. Continuing to start Davies is Barnyard dumb.

That last start of his was about the worst thing that could have happened. We would have been much better off winning 8-7 or something like that. It seemed like he was on really thin ice and with Duffy pushing it would have been hard to not make a swap.

DeezNutz 07-30-2013 08:34 AM

From 810: Davies ERA against the Sox this year is below 2. Against everyone else, it's above 6.

duncan_idaho 07-30-2013 08:40 AM

Also, I think that piece has the Royals giving up more than any of the other teams.

Orioles: Schoop (has prospect buzz but underwhelmed at AA last year and has been hurt most of this season) and Zach Britton (similar MLB stats to Duffy, but with much less promising peripherals)

Rockies: Josh Rutledge (a nice 2B/SS prospect, offensive-minded guy) and Chad Bettis (24-YO RHP of smaller stature, coming off TJ, but with good minor league numbers and K rate)

Tigers: Hernan Perez (Career .640 OPS in minors), Avisail Garcia (can't beat out Don Kelly, Andy Dierks for a starting spot, though maybe this is a Getz v. Giavotella situation?) and Jake Thompson (good numbers, but he's 19 and at A-ball)

A's: Jemile Weeks (still has some buzz and is intriguing because of past success), Paul Alcantara (posting solid numbers at Hi-A) and Michael Ynoa (also at Hi-A, also solid numbers)

Duffy, Schoop and Rutledge are the most highly regarded pieces out of that lot. I don't think either the Rockies or the O's packages have as much value as KC's does past the primary piece.

If the suggested price for the other teams is accurate, something like Duffy + Gio would be more comparable. And I'd still rather do that as Ventura+Gio.

duncan_idaho 07-30-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9844553)
The problem remains:GMDM is never the smartest guy in the room.

When he's in the same with DiPoto (Angels' GM) and no one else, he IS the smartest guy in the room.

Mother****erJones 07-30-2013 08:42 AM

Side note: Gordon Beckham's girlfriend has a brother for Omaha.

Prison Bitch 07-30-2013 09:03 AM

I like Duffy too but he's had TJ already. That obviously hurts his value quite a bit. Plus the dude quit the game once before. Trouble throwing strikes. He has some high upside but some serious red flags.

duncan_idaho 07-30-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9844646)
I like Duffy too but he's had TJ already. That obviously hurts his value quite a bit. Plus the dude quit the game once before. Trouble throwing strikes. He has some high upside but some serious red flags.

Maybe if he was mid-TJ, but he has made a successful recovery and has no velocity loss. It doesn't hurt his value like it once would have.

His minor league walk rate is actually pretty good prior to this year (110 BB in 350 IP is a pretty solid rate). He obviously walked a lot of guys in the majors and has walked more than you'd like this year, but his 3.72 BB rate is not crazy high, and it has improved/lowered as the season has gone on.

mr. tegu 07-30-2013 10:41 AM

I was just reading on MLB.com that Kendrick can block a trade to 12 different teams. I wonder if the Royals are on that list? And if so, I wonder if he would think we are doing okay and would allow the trade anyways.

WhawhaWhat 07-30-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9844896)
I was just reading on MLB.com that Kendrick can block a trade to 12 different teams. I wonder if the Royals are on that list? And if so, I wonder if he would think we are doing okay and would allow the trade anyways.

I tried to find the teams on the list but all I can find is that his agent has to submit the list of teams by an unspecified date each year.

Mr. Laz 07-30-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9844581)
Also, I think that piece has the Royals giving up more than any of the other teams. .

we always get bent over the trade desk.

it's sad :(