ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Nightfyre 11-25-2012 10:53 PM

Clements for HC? eeesh might be a reach

BossChief 11-25-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9152862)
Clements for HC? eeesh might be a reach

Hold on, I never went that far.

All I said was that last year I wanted him as the OC.

Hire Bill Cowher and he will have a list of guys that he would trust to develop Geno.

Sorter 11-25-2012 11:10 PM

I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if BlackBob went to Anti-Freeze alley.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgzbsX1Ov1rpot5r.gif

RealSNR 11-25-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9152900)
I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if BlackBob went to Anti-Freeze alley.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgzbsX1Ov1rpot5r.gif

Dude those guys are like 14 years old you pedophile /Blackbob

RunKC 11-25-2012 11:31 PM

These "analysts" are really starting to piss me off.

They're saying this QB class is horrible and preaching like it's going to end up like the 2002 QB class.

I hope this class puts out 3 pro bowl QB's so everyone who doubted them can look stupid as ****.

chiefzilla1501 11-26-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9152871)
Hold on, I never went that far.

All I said was that last year I wanted him as the OC.

Hire Bill Cowher and he will have a list of guys that he would trust to develop Geno.

Cowher would be a fine hire, as long as we get out of the habit of relying on his tree. Which scares me. Because if he does, coaches like Chan Gailey, Mularkey, or *shudder* Russ Grimm could enter the conversation. His offenses have always centered around smash mouth football, which scares me. If he adjusts to the game, great, but veteran coaches often don't.

Now Norv, on the other hand... still believe Coryell is a perfect offensive scheme for Geno. If not Norv for OC... Jay Gruden's scheme is great for Geno too (I do worry about Gruden being a guy who will struggle with how much control to give an OC). Geno could also do well in West Coast and there will be some good OCs out there.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 12:22 AM

Did I just hear an "Al Saunders for HC" call? o:-)

chiefzilla1501 11-26-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9153002)
Did I just hear an "Al Saunders for HC" call? o:-)

Oh man, just threw up in my mouth a little. What's interesting about Coryell is that it's a good scheme, but none of the candidates are ones you want. Martz, Saunders, Cam Cameron. It's Norv or bust.

NJChiefsFan 11-26-2012 01:13 AM

I love reading black bob say he is going to bed, then skip 3 pages, only to see he is still posting. Then he says he is going to be, skip 4 more pages, only to see he is still posting. For a guy so desperate to pretend he doesn't care about what people think, he sure does make sure to keep arguing with those people.

I also enjoy how he said last week a scout said to watch how Geno doesn't fit the ball in and then he watched one game and determined its true. Now that's real scouting folks.

Quesadilla Joe 11-26-2012 02:47 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/efnQFamDvU8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quesadilla Joe 11-26-2012 02:47 AM

I don't get all the love this guy is getting here.

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9153082)

That's because you're a ****ing piece of shit troll and he's a stud QB.

You get internet beatdowns, he gets internet blowjobs. See how that works?

Don't worry, he's going to be giving your D some love next year...hard, brutal, nasty, rapist love.

Quesadilla Joe 11-26-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9153085)

Don't worry, he's going to be giving your D some love next year...hard, brutal, nasty, rapist love.

He may turn out to be a good NFL QB some day. I doubt it will be in his rookie year though. He isn't accurate enough right now.

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 03:02 AM

Gotta love this kid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wPG7PK2JTuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AussieChiefsFan 11-26-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9153089)
He may turn out to be a good NFL QB some day. I doubt it will be in his rookie year though. He isn't accurate enough right now.

:spock:

SAUTO 11-26-2012 06:51 AM

What do you think about osweiler, know mo?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

That's because you are as clueless as Black Boob.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9153085)

:D I like this post

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 07:26 AM

Chocolate Penii

RealSNR 11-26-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

You had the nerve to talk up Tim Tebow, who is one of the least accurate QBs to ever start a game in the NFL just because the Donks reached the **** out of him in the draft, and now Geno Smith isn't accurate enough?

Go **** yourself.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 08:56 AM

Good Christ.

The Donks have only ever drafted inaccurate QBs to come out of college (Tebow, Assweiler, and even ****ing Adam Weber) and KnowMo says Geno Smith is in the same category as they are basically because he can't throw an accurate ball.

**** me in the asshole, that's ****ing dumb.

ROYC75 11-26-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9153090)
Gotta love this kid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wPG7PK2JTuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn, hope it was really early in the morning when he was talking. He appeared very tired and his lack of excitement is lacking in the interview.

As for his level of play, it's good, especially when he is on a crappy team. Maybe his WV team is a preview of the 2013 Chiefs? Maybe the experience will help the Chiefs here, maybe.

Right now I'm just not sold he is the best option for us @ # 1. What I do know is, we need to draft 2 solid QB's and let the best man win the job.

Quesadilla Joe 11-26-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9153250)
You had the nerve to talk up Tim Tebow, who is one of the least accurate QBs to ever start a game in the NFL just because the Donks reached the **** out of him in the draft, and now Geno Smith isn't accurate enough?

Go **** yourself.

Tebow was one of the best college football players ever. He had all the intangibles you could ask for. No he wasn't accurate, but I thought if he worked on his mechanics that he could be a 60% passer in the NFL one day.
He worked at it but his accuracy never really improved.

Maybe I got a little ahead of myself last year after Tebow turned around a 1-4 team and led them to 7 straight wins. Can you blame me?

RealSNR 11-26-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9153614)
Tebow was one of the best college football players ever. He had all the intangibles you could ask for. No he wasn't accurate, but I thought if he worked on his mechanics that he could be a 60% passer in the NFL one day.
He worked at it but his accuracy never really improved.

Maybe I got a little ahead of myself last year after Tebow turned around a 1-4 team and led them to 7 straight wins. Can you blame me?

How was Tebow's accuracy in college?

Now how is Geno's accuracy?

Let's also not forget Brock Osweiler, who couldn't complete a throw beyond 20 yards with accuracy if his life depended on it

Saccopoo 11-26-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9153089)

Jesus Stop Dancing Christ...

It's like the morons are propagating.

He isn't accurate enough right now?

Oh, you mean his 70.1% completion percetage?

Or do you mean his 35 TD's to a mere 5 Ints while having to force a lot of stuff downfield to try and keep his team in the game?

Geno Smith is one of the most accurate quarterbacks I've ever seen at this level.

You are obviously a ****ing reerun.

Quesadilla Joe 11-26-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9153620)
How was Tebow's accuracy in college?

Now how is Geno's accuracy?

Let's also not forget Brock Osweiler, who couldn't complete a throw beyond 20 yards with accuracy if his life depended on it

Tebow was 66.4% passer in college

Geno Smith so far is a 66.9% passer in college

Quesadilla Joe 11-26-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9153622)
Jesus Stop Dancing Christ...

It's like the morons are propagating.

He isn't accurate enough right now?

Oh, you mean his 70.1% completion percetage?

Or do you mean his 35 TD's to a mere 5 Ints while having to force a lot of stuff downfield to try and keep his team in the game?

Geno Smith is one of the most accurate quarterbacks I've ever seen at this level.

You are obviously a ****ing reerun.

He can be accurate but he isn't consistently accurate. He also waits for guys to get open, instead of throwing them open. You don't see him fitting throws into tight windows all that often and his ball location isn't that great.

KC Hawks 11-26-2012 12:19 PM

Wow.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9153633)

Wrong. The answer is "****ing terrible".

Career completion percentage doesn't tell the story. It rarely ever does.

Saccopoo 11-26-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9153636)
He can be accurate but he isn't consistently accurate. He also waits for guys to get open, instead of throwing them open. You don't see him fitting throws into tight windows all that often and his ball location isn't that great.

Are you a ****ing total ignorant buffoon?

You haven't seen a single game of Smith's have you?

Geno throws ropes into double and triple coverage to the receiver in full stride all the ****ing time. Most QB's have one or two of those throws a year - Geno is doing this three, four five times a game. And they are deep.

What an idiot.

Did you let Blackbob sleep in this morning?

RealSNR 11-26-2012 12:24 PM

Living in West Virginia doesn't mean you know what Geno Smith can do if you don't watch the games, Knowmo

The Franchise 11-26-2012 12:26 PM

This is the same shit that gets argued on FB....either on the SaveourChiefs page or RedTribeCinema. A majority of people are ****ing reeruned.

Quesadilla Joe 11-26-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9153652)
Living in West Virginia doesn't mean you know what Geno Smith can do if you don't watch the games, Knowmo

I watch him every week. Not every minute of every game but I watch a good chunk of his games.

Nightfyre 11-26-2012 12:28 PM

Chiefsplanet, once a beacon of hope, is suffering an infection of trolls.

lcarus 11-26-2012 12:28 PM

I keep arguing with my dad. He's an OU homer so he thinks Landry Jones will be a better NFL QB than Geno. I keep telling him he's crazy and ask him WHY he doesn't like Geno and he says "He isn't smart enough to be an elite NFL QB". Whatever dad! He also thought Sam Bradford was gonna be elite...

RealSNR 11-26-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9153666)
I keep arguing with my dad. He's an OU homer so he thinks Landry Jones will be a better NFL QB than Geno. I keep telling him he's crazy and ask him WHY he doesn't like Geno and he says "He isn't smart enough to be an elite NFL QB". Whatever dad! He also thought Sam Bradford was gonna be elite...

Tell me. Does your dad have a Facebook account, and is he a member of Clay's RedTribeCinema page?

Quesadilla Joe 11-26-2012 12:31 PM

I have angered the draftabulators. I'm going to leave this thread now, you guys can continue your Geno Smith man-love.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9153674)
I have angered the draftabulators. I'm going to leave this thread now, you guys can continue your Geno Smith man-love.

LMAO

BlackBob does the same shit. Spew a bunch of garbage that isn't true, get people riled up and say, "WOOOAHH OKAY I GUESS YOU GUYS DON'T WANT TO HEAR THE TRUTH! WHATEVER I GUESS"

lcarus 11-26-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9153673)
Tell me. Does your dad have a Facebook account, and is he a member of Clay's RedTribeCinema page?

Lol no he's old and doesnt mingle online at all. He's just a misguided OU homer. I think Bradford is better than Landry Jones and Id STILL rather have Geno than Sam

suds79 11-26-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9153666)

You should ask him to expand upon that. Ask him how he knows he's not smart enough.

That ought to be good to hear.

The_Doctor10 11-26-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9153676)
Lol no he's old and doesnt mingle online at all. He's just a misguided OU homer. I think Bradford is better than Landry Jones and Id STILL rather have Geno than Sam

Bradford is an abortion of a qb... He's stolen more money from the rams than cassel could ever dream. At least cassel played a playoff game.

lcarus 11-26-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9153678)
You should ask him to expand upon that. Ask him how he knows he's not smart enough.

That ought to be good to hear.

Oh...I know why he thinks he's not smart. I'm not gonna expand upon that here though lol.

Sorter 11-26-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 9153682)
Bradford is an abortion of a qb... He's stolen more money from the rams than cassel could ever dream. At least cassel played a playoff game.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg...ne6io1_500.gif

Chiefs Pantalones 11-26-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9153090)
Gotta love this kid.

Dude always looks like he smoked a bag or two lol

Quesadilla Joe 11-26-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9153675)
LMAO

BlackBob does the same shit. Spew a bunch of garbage that isn't true, get people riled up and say, "WOOOAHH OKAY I GUESS YOU GUYS DON'T WANT TO HEAR THE TRUTH! WHATEVER I GUESS"

I haven't read all of your posts on Geno Smith so I am just wondering...

If you had to be critical of Geno Smith's game, what would you say his flaws are? I have seen you mention that he's no Andrew Luck or RG3 but that is the only "critical" thing I have seen you say about Geno Smith.

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 01:02 PM

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

If the draft were tomorrow: 1. KC- Geno Smith, 2. JAX- Jarvis Jones, 3. CAR- Luke Joeckel, 4. OAK- Manti Te'o, 5. CLE- Dion Jordan

DJ's left nut 11-26-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9153721)

If you had to be critical of Geno Smith's game, what would you say his flaws are? I have seen you mention that he's no Andrew Luck or RG3 but that is the only "critical" thing I have seen you say about Geno Smith.

How 'bout you just go read his posts on Geno Smith instead of asking people to repeat themselves?

You're the one constructing bullshit straw-men, I'd suggest you first educate yourself before talking out your ass.

Titty Meat 11-26-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9153694)

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

OMG LMAO :banghead:

The Franchise 11-26-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9153729)
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

If the draft were tomorrow: 1. KC- Geno Smith, 2. JAX- Jarvis Jones, 3. CAR- Luke Joeckel, 4. OAK- Manti Te'o, 5. CLE- Dion Jordan

Te'o can ****ing go ANYWHERE but Oakland.

Saccopoo 11-26-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9153661)
This is the same shit that gets argued on FB....either on the SaveourChiefs page or RedTribeCinema. A majority of people are ****ing reeruned.

Where did this stupid "throwing them open" bullshit come from all of a sudden? It seems like this is the new catch phrase for the majority of ****ing morons that don't know much about football.

Who's the dickface responsible for handing this shit term out to the ignorant masses?

Sorter 11-26-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9153802)
Where did this stupid "throwing them open" bullshit come from all of a sudden? It seems like this is the new catch phrase for the majority of ****ing morons that don't know much about football.

Who's the dickface responsible for handing this shit term out to the ignorant masses?

I blame Joe Buck.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9153721)

Most of his flaws have to do with timing and precision. He's often just a split second early or a split second late on his throws. His receivers do a great job adjusting for the timing, but at the pro level a lot of those balls are going to get picked or batted down.

I say he's not Luck or RGIII because he doesn't possess their quickness or speed when scrambling. That being said, there are so many times when he had a lane wide open to scramble for the first down and move the chains, and instead he opted to throw a dangerous pass that he either got lucky on or it fell incomplete. I hope he takes advantages of those times when the defense falls asleep and lets him do whatever he wants. That would make one more aspect of his game that coordinators would have to respect.

These are items that he will improve through coaching, consistency, and reps. The other little things can be easily taught. Hell, if the Chiefs hired a good enough QB coach on their staff, Geno Smith could clean up most of these small flaws in just his rookie year.

The most important part about him is that he possesses the things that can't be taught and/or are extremely difficult to coach at the pro level. Everything about his release of the ball- the height, the speed, and the efficiency- is perfect. You don't see many QBs come into the pros with such fine throwing technique. The other thing is his poise in the pocket and making blitzing defenders miss. Extending plays. You can't teach that stuff. Murray and Jones both suck at this, and if they haven't been able to play through pressure in college, I doubt they ever will succeed at it.

He's also got plenty of toughness, leadership, smarts, and all that gay Tebow stuff people talk about. You can't teach that stuff either.

Dave Lane 11-26-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9153694)

I agree he sounds fine but he looks like a mouth breathing nitwit. If his wonderlic is solid I'm all in on Geno.

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 01:39 PM

Geno isn't a self promoting douche either. He just want to rape defenses.

TEX 11-26-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9153782)
Te'o can ****ing go ANYWHERE but Oakland.

He needs to come to KC.

The Franchise 11-26-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9154224)
He needs to come to KC.

I've already said it....but I would love if we grabbed Smith with the 1st overall pick and then traded back into the 1st round to grab Te'o (if he falls). Unfortunately.....he's not falling.

Quesadilla Joe 11-26-2012 04:21 PM

Thoughts?
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3792/54654654.png

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...49#post3737249

silver5liter 11-26-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9154233)
Thoughts?

even before holgerson in 2010 geno threw for 24 tds 7 ints in his sophomore year...

PriestMVP31 11-26-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

By that standard, I guess Andrew Luck, with his 67.0% college completion percentage sucks, too.

BigMeatballDave 11-26-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Troll your own tread

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 04:37 PM

Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster

As difficult as it is to get info out of the org these days, I have heard (reliably) that the #Chiefs may prefer Tyler Wilson to Geno Smith.

BigMeatballDave 11-26-2012 04:38 PM

Homo knows more about going ass to mouth on his daddy than football.

Sorter 11-26-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9154287)

As difficult as it is to get info out of the org these days, I have heard (reliably) that the #Chiefs may prefer Tyler Wilson to Geno Smith.

http://i46.tinypic.com/27yv7lw.jpg

LMAOLMAOLMAO Only this ****ing team.

suds79 11-26-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

I prefer Geno but there's a lot to like about Wilson.

As long as they get either Geno or Tyler, I'll be happy.

I'd even be somewhat satisfied with Barkley. Just get a freaking QB.

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 04:40 PM

I'm slightly disturbed anyone in that front office thinks they are going to be in a position to prefer one QB over the other.

Sorter 11-26-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9154304)
I'm slightly disturbed anyone in that front office thinks they are going to be in a position to prefer one QB over the other.

This

RealSNR 11-26-2012 04:47 PM

Does the organization prefer Tyler Wilson or just Pioli?

Because regardless of who they choose, I'm no longer a fan if that fatass is still in charge

Tribal Warfare 11-26-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9154293)
http://i46.tinypic.com/27yv7lw.jpg

LMAOLMAOLMAO Only this ****ing team.

That's only if the current abortion of a FO is still around, Wilson also has injury issues too that will need to be investigated.

Tribal Warfare 11-26-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9154332)

Because regardless of who they choose, I'm no longer a fan if that fatass is still in charge

same

chiefzilla1501 11-26-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

I could see that piece of shit trading down to get Tyler Wilson to egotistically prove that he doesn't need a #1 pick QB to succeed and that he's the king of trade downs, but while still feeling like he appeases fans who want a first round QB. The same way he wanted to prove that he can win with a QB he can brag about as being a hidden draft day gem.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-26-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

This is great news Geno is gonna be a bust.

suds79 11-26-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Yeah. Probably a moot point here.

Pioli won't be around to make that decision and who knows who the new GM will want.

lcarus 11-26-2012 04:54 PM

So the Denver fans are doing whatever they can to knock Geno down a few pegs now that it's looking almost certain that we're gonna have the #1 pick. Hmm....typical.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

LMAO Is this guy seriously comparing Geno Smith to Graham Harrell?

It's already been pointed out by silver5liter, but Smith has demonstrated his success in a Pro Style offense his entire sophomore year, proving that a QB with the right tools is a QB with the right tools, even as a first-year starter in college.

If Smith's offense in college was so damn simple, what do you call the shit that RGIII and Sam Bradford ran? Hell, I don't think Bradford ever had to throw a ball into a tight space once in his entire collegiate career. Wide. ****ing. Open. Didn't seem to bother NFL teams when they drafted them both in the top 3.

Geno Smith is accurate becuase he's an accomplished passer. His technique is impeccable. Not because his offense is simple.

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Good thing that none of the assclowns who feel this way will be making the decision in April.

RealSNR 11-26-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9154348)

All your Barkley pals are gone. Things are getting lonely for you over on that wagon.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-26-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9154372)
All your Barkley pals are gone. Things are getting lonely for you over on that wagon.

Barkley or Wilson I'm happy. You guys are making Geno better then he is.

chiefzilla1501 11-26-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9154373)
Barkley or Wilson I'm happy. You guys are making Geno better then he is.

I'd be happy with either of those guys too. But there's no reason to pass on Geno for either of those guys.

Sorter 11-26-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9154348)

NSFW