ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385343)
3-1 against the last four. Against KSU, Baylor, and Oklahoma. The loss came in a game that the refs gave to OSU.

6-2 in the last 8. This is fun!

We are 6-2 in our last 8...too.

Still trying to figure out how you guys are "HOT" right now...

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385348)
Key word, until. Thank you!

No, the key words were losing to Texas Tech by 5 points. If there is ever team/fanbase in the country that shouldn't be talking shit about KU losing to TCU, it's the one whose team just lost to a Tech team just as bad two weeks ago.

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385346)
Coming from the team without a PG.

Bubu Palo, the backup PG scrub that holds all that mediocrity together over there at ISU.

RustShack 02-07-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9385352)
We are 6-2 in our last 8...too.

Still trying to figure out how you guys are "HOT" right now...

0-2 in your last 2. You're the opposite of hot.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385361)
0-2 in your last 2. You're the opposite of hot.

LOL

So now we judge the temperature of a team off of one week?

Reerun_KC 02-07-2013 02:58 PM

this is like a reerun fight...

KU fans can STFU after last night... 13 points in one half? Are you kidding me?

It will take years to live down that night of historic ass sucking by Self and his featherless Jayhawks...

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9385365)

It will take years to live down that night of historic ass sucking by Self and his featherless Jayhawks...

K

Anyway...

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Talk about melodramatic. Also, is Reerun the reerun really calling others reeruns? LMAO

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385376)
Talk about melodramatic. Also, is Reerun the reerun really calling others reeruns? LMAO

Yes.

Pretty easy to avoid the thread if you don't like what is being discussed...

Reerun done go full reerun. :drool:

Bearcat 02-07-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385332)
Its part of the transfer process. Started off slow last year, started off slow this year. They try to be stars before working together. This team can play with and beat anyone this year, and they are just getting better. Just got Bubu Palo back a few games ago, and Booker back against Oklahoma. Its all coming together at the right time... vs Kansas falling apart at the wrong time.

You're about a month early on both counts.

Reerun_KC 02-07-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385376)

Yet arguing with an ISU fan about sucking isnt being dramatic?

teedubya 02-07-2013 03:11 PM

The Jayhawks suck when Elijah takes more than 11 shots per game, I read.

Reerun_KC 02-07-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9385384)
Yes.

Pretty easy to avoid the thread if you don't like what is being discussed...

Reerun done go full reerun. :drool:

you guys rubbed off on the rest of us...

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:12 PM

KenPom projects the year-ending B12 standings as follows based on the remaining schedules:
KU 14-4
OSU 13-5
KSU 12-6
BU 11-7
ISU 11-7
OU 11-7
WVU 7-11
UT 6-12
TTU 3-15
TCU 2-16

It's going to be ISU and OSU to decide it all, eh?

warpaint* 02-07-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9384812)
You are losing to Iowa State, and if you lose one more game besides that you aren't winning the Big12.

We don't play Iowa St and when we did typically handled them.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385399)
KenPom projects the year-ending B12 standings as follows based on the remaining schedules:
KU 14-4
OSU 13-5
KSU 12-6
BU 11-7
ISU 11-7
OU 11-7
WVU 7-11
UT 6-12
TTU 3-15
TCU 2-16

Just you wait...ISU is getting Hot. They have a 3 game winning streak...

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9385393)
Yet arguing with an ISU fan about sucking isnt being dramatic?

Arguing? I'm enjoying the hilarious troll attempt.

Bearcat 02-07-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

If there's one thing sports fans focus on years after the fact, it's college basketball games played in early February that were televised on ESPNU.

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9385402)
Just you wait...ISU is getting Hot. They have a 3 game winning streak...

You mean two game winning streak. A streak which will probably end in Manhattan on Saturday because most teams that aren't KU that go into Manhattan lose there.

Bearcat 02-07-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385403)
Arguing? I'm enjoying the hilarious troll attempt.

Pretty much... it's amusing.

OUR TIME

BourbonMan 02-07-2013 03:17 PM

I have always hated KU and everything it stands for, but at the same time, I have always had Respect for their Basketball Program and Coach Self, but with that said, I have to agree with what Reerun is saying...It will be a long time before you live last night game down.

Quote:

Reerun_KC 02-07-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9385406)
If there's one thing sports fans focus on years after the fact, it's college basketball games played in early February that were televised on ESPNU.

Very true, no one will ever remember KU scoring 13 points in one half of basketball...

Just like no one remembers Duke working that 19 point halftime score either....

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9385417)
It will be a long time before you live last night game down.

Please elaborate.

We play again on Saturday...

RustShack 02-07-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385399)
KU 14-4
OSU 13-5
KSU 12-6
BU 11-7
ISU 11-7
OU 11-7
WVU 7-11
UT 6-12
TTU 3-15
TCU 2-16

Well thats it folks! We've seen the projections, lets cancel the remainder of the games. I'm sure KU was projected to lose last night too right?

RustShack 02-07-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385407)
You mean two game winning streak. A streak which will probably end in Manhattan on Saturday because most teams that aren't KU that go into Manhattan lose there.

We swept them last year, I'm not too worried.

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9385417)
I have always hated KU and everything it stands for, but at the same time, I have always had Respect for their Basketball Program and Coach Self, but with that said, I have to agree with what Reerun is saying...It will be a long time before you live last night game down.

See, agreeing with anything Reerun says is generally a bad way to go. If KU ends up winning the B12 in 4 weeks (which is still the likeliest of any outcome), nobody is going to care at all.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385434)

Oh...since we are talking about last year now, how did you guys do?

We won the B12 regular season title...again. And made it to the NC game.

Reerun_KC 02-07-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385437)
See, agreeing with anything Reerun says is generally a bad way to go. If KU ends up winning the B12 in 4 weeks (which is still the likeliest of any outcome), nobody is going to care at all.

Where did I say they wouldnt win the big 12 or any other games?

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385428)
Well thats it folks! We've seen the projections, lets cancel the remainder of the games. I'm sure KU was projected to lose last night too right?

I'll take probabilities over baseless false hope any time. One usually comes to fruition, the other doesn't.

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9385441)
Where did I say they wouldnt win the big 12 or any other games?

You said KU fans wouldn't live that game down which is a crock of shit. How that game is remembered depends entirely on how the rest of the season goes.

BourbonMan 02-07-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9385423)
Please elaborate.

We play again on Saturday...

So..you play again on Saturday and if you win..you win...But last nights game was so Atrocius(sp), I couldn't even laugh...It was so sad and Pathetic.

Everybody will remember that game...Not just because they lost, but how Pathetic they played...2 points by the 8 minute mark, 13 points by half...That's pretty sad and pathetic.

RustShack 02-07-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9385439)
Oh...since we are talking about last year now, how did you guys do?

We wont the B12 regular season title...again. And made it to the NC game.

Oh you got eliminated by the same team that eliminated ISU? Oh you lost in Ames last year? Cool story bro.

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385434)

KU went 16-2 in conference last year. Is that relevant to this year too? LMAO

Reerun_KC 02-07-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385445)
You said KU fans wouldn't live that game down which is a crock of shit. How that game is remembered depends entirely on how the rest of the season goes.

:shake:

LOL Okay my favorite Blue Blood basketball team scored 13 points in one half... JFC DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS????

13 points...

IIRC, it was 11 or 12 mins into the game before they scored a single point...

JFC any Jr High girls team can score 13 points in one half....

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9385450)
So..you play again on Saturday and if you win..you win...But last nights game was so Atrocius(sp), I couldn't even laugh...It was so sad and Pathetic.

Everybody will remember that game...Not just because they lost, but how Pathetic they played...2 points by the 8 minute mark, 13 points by half...That's pretty sad and pathetic.

UNI....Bucknell....Bradley...those games that end your season take some time to get over.

A terrible regular season loss is a minor blip on the radar.

I am sure Syracuse fans are over the Le Moyne lost...

Reerun_KC 02-07-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9385450)

Buehler_445 and I were laughing our asses off via Text last night at this game...

RustShack 02-07-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385455)
KU went 16-2 in conference last year. Is that relevant to this year too? LMAO

Someone resorted to saying only KU wins at KSU, I responded with we won there last time we played there. I apologize for using the past as an example to a statement where you guys brought up the past.

Reerun_KC 02-07-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9385461)
UNI....Bucknell....Bradley...those games that end your season take some time to get over.

A terrible regular season loss is a minor blip on the radar.

I am sure Syracuse fans are over the Le Moyne lost...

Its not the loss, its the historic fashion that they lost in...

Bearcat 02-07-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9385421)
Very true, no one will ever remember KU scoring 13 points in one half of basketball...

Just like no one remembers Duke working that 19 point halftime score either....

It probably happens more often than you think... of course, not to teams like Kansas and Duke nearly as much, but it's not completely unheard of.... and who really cares if people remember it? I turned it off before halftime so I wouldn't have to waste another hour. If rival fans want something to prod about, there's much more than a shitty game in February... hell, they're still on the 'B' team thing.

I think one person has mentioned it to me all day, after seeing a few posts about it on FB... nothing compared to exiting the tourney in the first weekend.

Reerun_KC 02-07-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9385467)
It probably happens more often than you think... of course, not to teams like Kansas and Duke nearly as much, but it's not completely unheard of.... and who really cares if people remember it? I turned it off before halftime so I wouldn't have to waste another hour. If rival fans want something to prod about, there's much more than a shitty game in February... hell, they're still on the 'B' team thing.

I think one person has mentioned it to me all day, after seeing a few posts about it on FB... nothing compared to exiting the tourney in the first weekend.

I watched the whole freaking game... Holding out hope til the bitter end...

:harumph::harumph:

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385451)
Oh you got eliminated by the same team that eliminated ISU? Oh you lost in Ames last year? Cool story bro.

So you lost a game and won a game.

That's what I got from that post...

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9385457)
:shake:

LOL Okay my favorite Blue Blood basketball team scored 13 points in one half... JFC DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS????

13 points...

IIRC, it was 11 or 12 mins into the game before they scored a single point...

JFC any Jr High girls team can score 13 points in one half....

I don't know why I bother with somebody who so clearly lacks reasoning ability. But if KU wins the B12 or even in the NC, you're really going to be whining about this game? Complaining about how people won't be able to live it down? Bullshit. You'll be relishing in the narrative that this shitty game taught them a lesson and got them to play together from that point forward. How such losses are seen depends entirely on what they do from here.

BourbonMan 02-07-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9385466)

THIS!!!^^^^

It will also go down in the records/stats as one of the worst loss's in KU history. Like I said..It's not the loss...It's the way it was lost.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9385466)

I guess I just view it differently than others...people can give me crap about it, but in the end it was one game.

"Hey you guys sucked it up again TCU...the worst team in the B12"

Me: "yeah...that sucked"

....that is about the extent of that conversation. I don't get the, "It will be a long time before you can live that one down" or whatever.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385478)
I don't know why I bother with somebody who so clearly lacks reasoning ability. But if KU wins the B12 or even in the NC, you're really going to be whining about this game? Complaining about how people won't be able to live it down? Bullshit. You'll be relishing in the narrative that this shitty game taught them a lesson and got them to play together from that point forward. How such losses are seen depends entirely on what they do from here.

Yeah I don't get it...

Most winningest program in the last decade. "Yeah, well you lost something fierce to TCU."

Yes...we did, so....?

"So you lost!"

Three7s 02-07-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385478)

The OKC game was supposed to "teach them a lesson".

All this game did was confirm that KU has drastically regressed and that we shouldn't expect anything from them this year.

Bearcat 02-07-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9385472)
I watched the whole freaking game... Holding out hope til the bitter end...

:harumph::harumph:

Meh, the first half was brutal enough... didn't think it was impossible for them to come back, but wasn't going to waste time finding out. Had they won, it would have been despite TCU bleeding the clock, so I was pretty sure I wasn't going to miss some kind of high-flying half of basketball.

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385464)
Someone resorted to saying only KU wins at KSU, I responded with we won there last time we played there. I apologize for using the past as an example to a statement where you guys brought up the past.

ISU is 2-8 over the last 10 years in Manhattan. KU is 8-2 over the last 10 years in Manhattan. See the difference?

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9385493)
Meh, the first half was brutal enough... didn't think it was impossible for them to come back, but wasn't going to waste time finding out. Had they won, it would have been despite TCU bleeding the clock, so I was pretty sure I wasn't going to miss some kind of high-flying half of basketball.

If KU had just gone to the foul strategy from the beginning of the 2nd half, they win that game. It would have taken like 2 hours to play, but it would have done the job with all of the extra possessions KU would have gained. I hesitate to criticize Self, but I'm not sure I would have let TCU continue to run the clock out as they did for much of the 2nd half.

Bearcat 02-07-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9385485)
I guess I just view it differently than others...people can give me crap about it, but in the end it was one game.

....that is about the extent of that conversation. I don't get the, "It will be a long time before you can live that one down" or whatever.

Exactly. It would be annoying if rival fans or the media brought it up for years to come, but that's not going to happen since it was just a random game in February. I guess those who want to remember it for years to come can do that, and I'll concentrate on watching better games for the rest of the season. :shrug:

Imon Yourside 02-07-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385494)
ISU is 2-8 over the last 10 years in Manhattan. KU is 8-2 over the last 10 years in Manhattan. See the difference?

how bout that hilton magic?

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9385489)
The OKC game was supposed to "teach them a lesson".

All this game did was confirm that KU has drastically regressed and that we shouldn't expect anything from them this year.

Or that's just a load of bullshit that you're deriving from a sample size of two games.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9385500)
Exactly. It would be annoying if rival fans or the media brought it up for years to come, but that's not going to happen since it was just a random game in February. I guess those who want to remember it for years to come can do that, and I'll concentrate on watching better games for the rest of the season. :shrug:

Yeah...I just don't buy the "historical way you lost" side of it. It is one game in an entire season...

...if we had lost and been elimated in the tourney in that fashion, ending our season...I would buy it.

The team just didn't show up last night.

They play again on Saturday.

That is how I see it...

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9385485)

If they lose the B12 by a game or something, then yeah, maybe it gains some added meaning due to that failure. If they bounce back and win it, well, it's just a rather meaningless anecdote.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9385502)

It's about as magical and the "Octagon of Doom" is....doomy? Heh.

Ceej 02-07-2013 03:49 PM

It is funny how an ISU fan who hasn't talked much college basketball at all this year makes an attempt to come in and talk smack. ROFL

Like I previously said - RustShack is that cute, young kid you see in public and go "awwww, he's so cute."

Then he opens his mouth and starts drooling all over his Care Bears sweatshirt.

BourbonMan 02-07-2013 03:52 PM

I'm just saying people will talk about and remember it and give KU fans crap about it, the same way Ku fans talk crap to other fans for their historic loss's....It's called kicking the man when he is down...DUH

RustShack 02-07-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385494)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9385502)

It doesn't matter Pre Hoiberg, and I'm a little disappointed you aren't smart enough to know the difference. His first year didn't really count either, even though the greatly exceeded expectations that year. Fred era really started last year.

As for Hilton Magic, 2 losses in 2 years. We've won 20 straight. I'd say its being restored.

RustShack 02-07-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9385521)
It is funny how an ISU fan who hasn't talked much college basketball at all this year makes an attempt to come in and talk smack. ROFL

Like I previously said - RustShack is that cute, young kid you see in public and go "awwww, he's so cute."

Then he opens his mouth and starts drooling all over his Care Bears sweatshirt.

Go back to the start of the season. I said it would be similar to last year, but we would have won the Big12 if Royce returned. Yep, still a pretty good team like I thought we would be.

Ceej 02-07-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385542)
Go back to the start of the season. I said it would be similar to last year, but we would have won the Big12 if Royce returned. Yep, still a pretty good team like I thought we would be.

Keep fighting the good fight, little buddy. :thumb:

RustShack 02-07-2013 04:08 PM

Pretty sure much earlier in the thread I asked who would be the third best behind KU and ISU.

Imon Yourside 02-07-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385538)
It doesn't matter Pre Hoiberg, and I'm a little disappointed you aren't smart enough to know the difference. His first year didn't really count either, even though the greatly exceeded expectations that year. Fred era really started last year.

*As for Hilton Magic, 2 losses in 2 years. We've won 20 straight. I'd say its being restored.

* denotes Until KU comes to town.

Al Czervik 02-07-2013 05:12 PM

^^^^^^^ The Iowa version of Billay?

Prison Bitch 02-07-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9385542)
Go back to the start of the season. I said it would be similar to last year, but we would have won the Big12 if Royce returned. .

Just be glad Thomas Robinson bolted with him to the Draft.

Buehler445 02-07-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9385499)
If KU had just gone to the foul strategy from the beginning of the 2nd half, they win that game. It would have taken like 2 hours to play, but it would have done the job with all of the extra possessions KU would have gained. I hesitate to criticize Self, but I'm not sure I would have let TCU continue to run the clock out as they did for much of the 2nd half.

Eh I don't know. We were in some foul trouble. I think I I we're coach I'd have trapped out of the press. We had some success once we started doing it. And we have some pressure on the inbounds but once they got it in everybody cleared out. If they would have stuck around to double and help enough to deny the short passes, I think we'd have had some success. Particularly when Young was in there.

But yeah. Not a damn thing was working. I don't know what the **** a coach is supposed to do when the team plays THAT shitty.

Fritz88 02-07-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9384071)
Eric Prisbell ‏@EricPrisbell
Bill Self just told me emphatically, "That was the worst team Kansas has ever put on the floor."

Good, very good.

Hopefully this will light a fire under these kids asses.

Mr. Plow 02-07-2013 06:41 PM

I'll be back on Sunday, I expect a happy thread when I get back.

Buehler445 02-07-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9385849)

Colorado?

Prison Bitch 02-07-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9385814)
Eh I don't know. We were in some foul trouble. I think I I we're coach I'd have trapped out of the press. We had some success once we started doing it. And we have some pressure on the inbounds but once they got it in everybody cleared out. If they would have stuck around to double and help enough to deny the short passes, I think we'd have had some success. Particularly when Young was in there.

But yeah. Not a damn thing was working. I don't know what the **** a coach is supposed to do when the team plays THAT shitty.

The fouling strategy didn't work because we couldn't score anyway. We only gave up 62 despite handing them a dozen FT chances in the last 2 minutes. That team wasn't going to score regardless of whether you let them run their "offense" (323rd in the nation out of like 340 schools) or fouled them.

The turnovers and abysmal shooting made it impossible to beat anyone last nite.

Buehler445 02-07-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9385948)
The fouling strategy didn't work because we couldn't score anyway. We only gave up 62 despite handing them a dozen FT chances in the last 2 minutes. That team wasn't going to score regardless of whether you let them run their "offense" (323rd in the nation out of like 340 schools) or fouled them.

That's true. But given the situation, that's what I would have done.

Ceej 02-07-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9385849)

Get off the planet while on vacation you ****ing n00b!

mikeyis4dcats. 02-07-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9385948)

good thing it was TCU, otherwise it could have been a 20+ point loss

Prison Bitch 02-07-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9385969)
good thing it was TCU, otherwise it could have been a 20+ point loss

Unless it was K-State, in which case it would've been another automatic win.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-07-2013 08:04 PM

#1 just went down.

Illinois with a crazy wide open in-bounds play with 0.9 seconds to go.

Mr. Plow 02-07-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9385861)
Colorado?

Yup, sitting in Golden right now drinking some beer.

Mr. Plow 02-07-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9385957)
Get off the planet while on vacation you ****ing n00b!

stop harassing me.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-07-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9385994)
#1 just went down.

Illinois with a crazy wide open in-bounds play with 0.9 seconds to go.

This is gonna be a ****ing crazy ass March. I feel better. Everyone has the shits.

Buehler445 02-07-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9385999)
Yup, sitting in Golden right now drinking some beer.

:rockon:

KC_Connection 02-07-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9385814)

Yeah, when I say the foul strategy, I mean pressuring the hell out of them and trying to create turnovers but also accepting fouls if they couldn't create them. That would have been better than letting them running the clock out every possession. Even as bad as KU was scoring for most of the game, if you gave them an extra 10 possessions to score with, they still probably pull it out.

RustShack 02-08-2013 01:29 AM

Boy, oh, boy do we have ourselves some drama in the Big 12.

The league is, totally and utterly, up for grabs as we begin the second half.

Power rankings!

Front-Running Four

1. Oklahoma State (16-5, 6-3)

The Cowboys have won four in a row, with the last three coming in dramatic fashion against the league’s best teams.

I’ve been high on the ‘Pokes since the preseason, but they’re just now rounding into form.

This is a very talented team that’s building momentum.

It is now also a team that’s proven itself, both at home and on the road.

2. Iowa State (16-6, 6-3)

The Cyclones did what they were supposed to do in the last week: Protect their home court.

I hesitate to put them this high, but the Cyclones simply dismantled Oklahoma on Monday after looking clearly superior to Baylor on Saturday.

Iowa State is a team capable of going on a big-time run should they be able to get past Kansas State tomorrow.

ISU needs to prove not only that it can win away from Hilton Coliseum, but that its also capable of playing high-level basketball over an extended period of time.

3. Kansas (19-3, 7-2)

I think the Jayhawks are still probably the best team in the Big 12, but, man, oh, man are they reeling right now.

Not only have they lost two straight, the second of which I still am waiting to wake up and learn I was in the Matrix, but Bill Self is eviscerating his team in the press.

I’m sure it’s a long-term motivational strategy by Self, perhaps the best coach in the country, but the Jayhawks certainly didn’t respond to it against TCU.

4. Kansas State (18-4, 7-2)

The Wildcats are riding a three-game win streak, but two of those wins came against Texas and Texas Tech. The third, at Oklahoma, isn’t looking so great after the Cyclones thumped the Sooners.

Saturday’s showdown with ISU is a monumental game for both teams as they begin the Big 12’s final lap.

A step behind

5. Oklahoma (14-7, 5-4)

The Sooners have loss back-to-back games and welcome Kansas to Norman tomorrow.

They’re teetering a bit after a strong, but suspicious start to the season.

6. Baylor (14-8, 5-4)

It’s been three-straight losses for the Bears against the teams they needed to beat to announce themselves as real contenders in the league.

Spoiler Central

7. West Virginia (11-11, 4-5)

The Mountaineers are enjoying their first winning streak (two games) since they won three straight late in December.

They’ll have a chance to upset the apple cart a couple times this season yet with Oklahoma State, Baylor and Iowa State still scheduled to visit Morgantown.

8. Texas (10-12, 2-7)

The Longhorns have just one more game before welcoming Myck Kabongo back into the fold. Will it make a difference?

UT gets the nod here over the Horned Frogs because of its 17-point win over TCU right before TCU went and shocked the country.

9. TCU (10-12, 1-8)

OUT OF THE CELLAR!!!!!!!

10. Texas Tech (9-11, 2-7)

The Red Raiders haven’t won since beating Iowa State in Lubbock.