ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Sci-Fi geeks UNITE!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119615)

keg in kc 02-20-2009 10:03 PM

Well, that episode was pretty much worthless.

Looks like hot dog gets cooked next week.

(pun!)

keg in kc 02-20-2009 10:10 PM

In WTF? news:
Quote:

Battlestar Galactica Movie Exclusive

IGN has heard that BSG will be coming to theaters.
by Jim Vejvoda

February 20, 2009 - IGN Movies has learned that Universal Pictures is planning to turn the TV series Battlestar Galactica into a feature film with series creator Glen A. Larson being lined up to script and produce it.

We were informed that the film will be based on the original BSG series from 1978-79 rather than the recent reboot from Sci Fi Channel. The story followed a band of humans who were the only survivors of a devastating attack on their colonial homeworld by the vicious cybernetic race known as the Cylons. The survivors, led by Commander Adama, embark on a journey through space aboard the military vessel Battlestar Galactica to find refuge on a distant planet called Earth.

Battlestar Galactica has been in cinemas before. Re-edited versions of television episodes were released theatrically: Battlestar Galactica (1978), Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack (1978), and Conquest of the Earth (1980).

A Universal spokesperson refused to comment on rumored projects before ultimately denying it; we were later able to confirm our scoop independently. (This studio denial was reminiscent of Sony's dismissive response to our scoop about Jaden Smith starring in a Karate Kid remake, which we broke a YEAR before the project was officially announced.)

Although we understand that nothing is final yet on the BSG film front, fans should likely expect an official announcement on the project in the coming weeks.

Silock 02-20-2009 10:44 PM

This show just doesn't seem to be ramping up to a 4 episode ending.

007 02-21-2009 12:14 AM

What a waste of an hour. How the hell are they going to wrap this up in such a short period?

Buck 02-21-2009 12:25 AM

So it was a pretty crappy episode to start watching the series live on TV.

It reminded me of the episode where the one Doctor was purposely letting the one group of people die. Nothing happened to advance the storyline.

Frazod 02-21-2009 02:01 AM

I still think Ellen is going to wig out and do something bad. Funny how she went from nurturing mother of the Cylons to deranged tipsy bitch in the blink of an eye.

Tigh and Ellen remind me of me and my ex-wife. Put us in the same room and we'll be fighting within five minutes, with or without a good reason.

Buck 02-21-2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5512388)
I still think Ellen is going to wig out and do something bad. Funny how she went from nurturing mother of the Cylons to deranged tipsy bitch in the blink of an eye.

Tigh and Ellen remind me of me and my ex-wife. Put us in the same room and we'll be fighting within five minutes, with or without a good reason.

Once an evil bitch, always an evil bitch.

old_geezer 02-21-2009 08:12 AM

What I got from last night's episode. Adama will/should die before this series is over. He's become an alcoholic loser in the last few episodes - drowning his sorrows before he can face them. Lee will end up taking his daddy's place IMO. Also, Ellen can't be killed (again) soon enough. What a waste of Cylon skin! Come on Saul - grow another pair. :)

Frazod 02-21-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 5512538)
What I got from last night's episode. Adama will/should die before this series is over. He's become an alcoholic loser in the last few episodes - drowning his sorrows before he can face them. Lee will end up taking his daddy's place IMO. Also, Ellen can't be killed (again) soon enough. What a waste of Cylon skin! Come on Saul - grow another pair. :)

You'd at least think he'd check into getting a replacement eyeball.

Lzen 02-21-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5512388)

And screwing?

If you were single, of course. :)

Lzen 02-21-2009 11:28 AM

Oh, and I agree. Last night's episode was pretty much blah. This season so far had not had any of those. I guess we were due. I hope that is the only one.

Frazod 02-21-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 5512793)
And screwing?

If you were single, of course. :)

Well, I wasn't going to mention that part, but you're right. ****ing or fighting - that pretty much sums up our time together. :D

Crush 02-21-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5512754)
You'd at least think he'd check into getting a replacement eyeball.

While watching some earlier episodes this past week, I could not believe how different Saul looked with both eyes. I almost did not recognize him.

Bowser 02-22-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 5512003)
This show just doesn't seem to be ramping up to a 4 episode ending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5512221)
What a waste of an hour. How the hell are they going to wrap this up in such a short period?

I'm going to hazard a guess and assume Moore has you right where he wants you. I think he knew that the big finish was imminent, but couldn't do it without some essential info being put out there, hence the last two episodes. You think Cavil is just going to let Ellen run to the humans without cracking her noggin open?

I wonder if this show will have a clean wrap up, or if they'll continue it in these straight to dvd movies, ala Stargate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5511902)
In WTF? news:

Yes, seriously - What. The. ****.

Bowser 02-22-2009 01:32 PM

Oh, and Hulu.com rocks. Frickin' Time Warner had a belch with its service and I didn't get the episode two weeks ago on DVIR. I considered panicing, until I remembered Hulu. (I'm also going to use Hulu to get caught up on Dollhouse, per DeBerg's advice)