ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marvel unviels their next four projects (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261513)

Frosty 02-11-2015 12:23 PM

I don't really care if Spider-Man is a teenager (like on the Ultimate Spider-Man series) as long as they don't do another origin movie.

Red Brooklyn 02-11-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11321575)
I really enjoyed Ed Norton's turn as The Hulk and even own it on DVD.

But IMO, Mark Ruffalo just has that "Everyman" vibe going on that just really makes it work.

100% agree, all around.

Rausch 02-11-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 11322044)
100% agree, all around.

I loved Norton's Hulk but what I liked more was the evolution of Banner's character.

Norton's Banner hid and tried to suppress the Hulk.

Ruffalo's Banner has accepted his Hulk ("I'm always angry.")

The Ruffalo Hulk is pretty much where Banner/Hulk were when Planet Hulk was happening. There are two or three scenes in that story where the Hulk willingly turned back to Banner to show us that Banner agreed with the Hulk. Banner then willingly turned back to the Hulk in a show of support for what the Hulk was doing.

Ruffalo did an excellent job of showing Banner's frustration with the military/Shield and his under the surface knowledge that eventually this will all unravel.

Valiant 02-11-2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11322072)
I loved Norton's Hulk but what I liked more was the evolution of Banner's character.

Norton's Banner hid and tried to suppress the Hulk.

Ruffalo's Banner has accepted his Hulk ("I'm always angry.")

The Ruffalo Hulk is pretty much where Banner/Hulk were when Planet Hulk was happening. There are two or three scenes in that story where the Hulk willingly turned back to Banner to show us that Banner agreed with the Hulk. Banner then willingly turned back to the Hulk in a show of support for what the Hulk was doing.

Ruffalo did an excellent job of showing Banner's frustration with the military/Shield and his under the surface knowledge that eventually this will all unravel.

1st Hulk movie was horrible.

Norton Hulk movie was also meh, it was literally Norton being himself, then there was Hulk in the movie.

Ruffalo to me nailed Banner, you did not think of him as Ruffalo as I did Norton in the movie.

--------

I am sad they are going back to highschool with peter parker. I am fine doing that with a hs senior miles. But if using peter parker they need him established and working at the paper.

Hell, people do not need an origin. Just a quick flashback of him fighting normal crooks. That way they can use Goblins and everyone else later on in solo movies. But having him back in hs is stupid as peter parker.

But this is Marvel, so they probably know what they are doing.

Ragged Robin 02-11-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11321971)
IGN is reporting MCU spidey will be a high school kid again.

No link, saw it on their Roku channel...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11322005)

Welp.

unlurking 02-11-2015 08:53 PM

:(

Was looking for a grown up Spidey in Civil War. Not much point to even having him be part of it without the family priorities weighing on his decisions. Definitely not a storyline for a teenager.

Rausch 02-12-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11322652)
1st Hulk movie was horrible.

Norton Hulk movie was also meh, it was literally Norton being himself, then there was Hulk in the movie.

Ruffalo to me nailed Banner, you did not think of him as Ruffalo as I did Norton in the movie.

--------

That's what I loved about the Ruffalo Hulk - not his performance as much as what it said.

"Yeah, I'm the Hulk.
I'm not shocked, or scared, or angry. This is what I am..."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11322652)
IBut this is Marvel, so they probably know what they are doing.

And here is when all us fanboys start to lose faith...

Rausch 02-12-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11322959)
:(

Was looking for a grown up Spidey in Civil War. Not much point to even having him be part of it without the family priorities weighing on his decisions. Definitely not a storyline for a teenager.

The whole point was the snarky guy being more mature and understanding the deeper implications.

Spiderman always got to hide behind the mask.

Civil War was about what happens when you suddenly become Wolverine, or the Hulk, or Cap, and everyone knows your name.

And not in the "Norm" sense...

Deberg_1990 02-12-2015 05:30 PM

I trust the Marvel brain trust that they will treat Spidey well.

They have given us no reason to doubt them yet.

I think a young Spidey interacting with older more mature superheroes like Cap and IM holds a lot of potential.

Mr. Laz 02-12-2015 05:38 PM

They have been rebooting Spidey for the last 20 years non-stop. Same basic storylines over and over again. smh

Mr. Laz 02-12-2015 05:38 PM

http://i.imgur.com/xsSsDm7.jpg

Bowser 02-12-2015 05:59 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/1ce79abea966...7651qz4rgp.gif

ThaVirus 02-12-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11324302)

He is a handsome man. Love me some Ryan Reynolds.

mdchiefsfan 02-12-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11321575)
I really enjoyed Ed Norton's turn as The Hulk and even own it on DVD.

But IMO, Mark Ruffalo just has that "Everyman" vibe going on that just really makes it work.

I loved Norton as The Hulk and was bummed he wasn't brought back, until I saw Ruffalo, then I understood.

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11324435)
I loved Norton as The Hulk and was bummed he wasn't brought back, until I saw Ruffalo, then I understood.

Norton wasn't brought back because he wanted creative control that Marvel didn't want to give.

But in the end it all worked out well. Norton probably doesn't do Birdman if he's doing Avengers 2.