ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 09:24 PM

RF help. OK...

Who? Better be legit slug? Classic DM would be acquiring a ****ing scrub like Rios, while expending solid prospects to get him. Honestly, I'm not sure if I can handle that type of move. And I'm not saying that Lough is the long-term answer, either.

Ceej 07-28-2013 09:26 PM

Well, what other RFers are available? Realistically.

I'm assuming Pence would be too much.

I don't know who else is out there.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9842151)
Well, what other RFers are available? Realistically.

I'm assuming Pence would be too much.

I don't know who else is out there.

Maybe no one. And that's OK. Stay with Lough for the time being.

Mother****erJones 07-28-2013 09:32 PM

Are the Royals in on Utley? And RF what about Tabata from PIT?

Ceej 07-28-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9842163)
Maybe no one. And that's OK. Stay with Lough for the time being.

And focus on acquiring a 2B, yes?

Coach 07-28-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9842164)
And focus on acquiring a 2B, yes?

3rd or 2nd baseman, yes.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 09:35 PM

Yes. Holes at 3B and 2B must be addressed. I'm not officially giving up on Mouse, but he's going to have to start playing bigger to get upgraded in animal.

TambaBerry 07-28-2013 09:37 PM

Moose needs to be sent down, he sucks right now. He needs to know his job is not safe.

Ceej 07-28-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9842165)
Are the Royals in on Utley? And RF what about Tabata from PIT?

i thought I had read somewhere, maybe even here, that CU and the Phils were working on a long term extension.

Coach 07-28-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9842172)
Yes. Holes at 3B and 2B must be addressed. I'm not officially giving up on Mouse, but he's going to have to start playing bigger to get upgraded in animal.

I'm okay with addressing either one or two (both would be fantastic, but I'm afraid it will devour the farm system, or they'll be asking our best prospects) but I'm okay with addressing a 3rd baseman, ship Moose to Omaha/NW Arkansas, and give Tejada the job at 2nd base. Or addressing the 2nd baseman, move Getz to the bench, and have Tejada at 3rd. Tejada is still an improvement over Moose or Getz, one way or another, it's just somewhat criminal that he's not getting much PT that he should be getting, since he's been producing better than either of those two.

Mother****erJones 07-28-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9842177)
i thought I had read somewhere, maybe even here, that CU and the Phils were working on a long term extension.

Ya I heard that just wasn't sure. Utley seems like a bad deal IMO because of a). his age b). injuries to go along with cost

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9842191)
I'm okay with addressing either one or two (both would be fantastic, but I'm afraid it will devour the farm system, or they'll be asking our best prospects) but I'm okay with addressing a 3rd baseman, ship Moose to Omaha/NW Arkansas, and give Tejada the job at 2nd base. Or addressing the 2nd baseman, move Getz to the bench, and have Tejada at 3rd. Tejada is still an improvement over Moose or Getz, one way or another, it's just somewhat criminal that he's not getting much PT that he should be getting, since he's been producing better than either of those two.

I don't disagree with the logic here; Tejada is a more productive player. The problem is that I want any move in the next few days to benefit the club in the future, too, and the Royals are not giving up on Moose soon. That's why I'd prefer to get someone at 2B, and there are several possible targets.

In the interim, Tejada goes to third.

Chiefspants 07-28-2013 10:08 PM

Acquring Kendrick may be easier than we're thinking, a few people on the Royals board suggested shipping Guthrie and Escobar straight up for Aybar and Kendrick.

Make it happen, DM!

Coach 07-28-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9842199)
I don't disagree with the logic here; Tejada is a more productive player. The problem is that I want any move in the next few days to benefit the club in the future, too, and the Royals are not giving up on Moose soon. That's why I'd prefer to get someone at 2B, and there are several possible targets.

In the interim, Tejada goes to third.

Oh I agree. I just strongly believe that Moose really needs to go back to Omaha/Arkansas to rebuild his confidence and redo his plate approach/discipline, because his plate approach is just utter dog shit.

But looking up on the Baseball Reference, Moose is OPS'ing .621, and Getz is at .561....

Yet, on WAR, Getz is 0.2 and Moose is -0.3.

Coach 07-28-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9842237)
Acquring Kendrick may be easier than we're thinking, a few people on the Royals board suggested shipping Guthrie and Escobar straight up for Aybar and Kendrick.

Make it happen, DM!

Pass. While Escobar offense is terrible, I would not want to give up his defense. He has saved our asses many times on SS. He just simply does not need to be batting 2nd under any circumstances, but unfortunately, that's the dumbassery of the manager, not the player.