ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240682)

notorious 02-28-2013 09:40 PM

I am obsessed with a 14.5+suppressor = 16" upper.

Anyone have one?

I already have a 16" without suppressor, and I like it.

Tombstone RJ 02-28-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9449220)
I hear you, it is pretty hard to mess up small rifle ammo, corrosive could be bad if it was not known, even an overloaded cartridge in 5.56 will most likely just break your magazine ($6-$20). An out-of-battery misfire could damage the rifle, however that most likely wouldn't be the fault of the ammo.

The worst case it would damage your upper, (new one will set you back $100) your barrel ($100-200, unless it's a nice one and then you're probably not shooting cheap ammo through it), or your bolt, possibly the carrier ($30-$150). Even if it was possible to damage the lower ($100, but I've never seen a lower damaged by ammo).

That said any part that got damaged can be replaced for about $100, seeing how steel case can save $100+ per case, you'd have to be the unluckiest person on earth to even have one yet alone more than one ka-boom per thousand rounds.

The nice thing about the AR platform is everything is interchangeable, thus if something ever breaks it can be replaced easily and cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device

this is all true. However I'm gonna stick with brass for now because of the reloading factor. It's all up in the air right now but I can see your point. For plinking go with the cheapo stuff, but I'd always keep some brass cartridges around just in case, maybe 500 rounds or so...

pr_capone 02-28-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9450411)
My Mini-14 is not picky, and I'm looking forward to being able to shoot again. Been holding out since fall.

Exactly. The Mini will fire wads of used chewing gum as long as it was in a case and had a primer. Not picky in the least.

pr_capone 03-01-2013 08:50 AM

Magpul says **** the Civies... sets up express lane for Mil/LEO to receive PMAGS.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=6114

Quote:

As we said, Magpul has one-upped Armalite and to add insult to injury, not only are they selling their products that are banned to civilian ownership to law-enforcement in those restrictive locales, they have established an express lane for law enforcement “professionals” to get their standard-capacity PMAGs right away… even law enforcement officers in restrictive locations such as New York which now ban sales of standard capacity magazines to civilians.

Fairplay 03-01-2013 12:59 PM

Looking at getting a Glock 26 9mm or a Glock 27 .40 caliber gun.

I like the size and fit perfect.

Which on one should i choose?

Beef Supreme 03-01-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9454540)
Looking at getting a Glock 26 9mm or a Glock 27 .40 caliber gun.

I like the size and fit perfect.

Which on one should i choose?

I have a 27, but a 9mm is cheaper to shoot and ammo is expensive these days. I don't mind the kick of the .40, but the 9mm kicks less and you can get back on target quicker.

I ended up buying a Ruger SR9c and like it a lot. Fits my hand a little better than the glock as well.

Fairplay 03-01-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9454637)
I have a 27, but a 9mm is cheaper to shoot and ammo is expensive these days. I don't mind the kick of the .40, but the 9mm kicks less and you can get back on target quicker.

I ended up buying a Ruger SR9c and like it a lot. Fits my hand a little better than the glock as well.

Thanks, the price of the ammo has me leaning for the 26 actually also.

Frazod 03-01-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9436204)
Went to the range on Saturday - test fired our home-made ammo for the first time. My buddy has an old Browning 9mm that didn't seem to care for it, but all my pistols took it okay. I did have an ejection problem with my new S&W, but I don't think it's ammo related - off to the gunsmith with that one. :grr:

Follow-up on this - pistol's fine - problem was a squib load. One knock on the range we go to is it's too dark, and neither of us had a flashlight. My friend finally got a chance to look at it today and that was the problem. I guess not firing was preferable to the ****ing thing exploding in my hand.

We fired off a lot of rounds and this only happened once, but WTF? The whole idea of getting the Dillon was to avoid shit like this. :spock:

verbaljitsu 03-01-2013 03:39 PM

Frazod - Don't be discouraged, I've seen people get squib loads out of Progressives, Turrets, and Single Stage presses. The problem isn't the press.

It is tough, but not impossible, to learn how to reload on a progressive machine. It is like learning how to drive a car while you are also learning how to drive a stick shift. You are thinking about so many things that you forget to use your blinkers because you are just happy that you didn't kill the car.

It is hard to say exactly what went wrong without standing over your shoulder, but it is usually a process and not the equipment.

Potential causes:
1. Not enough powder in the case. Sometimes a squib is caused by there being NO powder, but sometimes it is just because there isn't enough. Pull a round and measure the powder charge again. Check against reloading manual.

2. Related to the above, a lot of people forget to zero their scale (balance) or to let their electronic scale warm up. Other scales are junk and you shouldn't trust them unless you are verifying them with a known weight. This results in the scale saying "5.5 grains" while there is only 4.3 or whatever actually there.

3. Powder ran out in the hopper. Pretty obvious, but I would be lying if I said it has never happened to me.

4. The powder measure is not connected to the return bar/spring. Or the spring isn't providing enough tension (i.e. tighten the wingnut). This means that the first case was getting powder, but subsequent or some of the subsequent cases were not.

5. Short Stroking the ram. Must go all the way up and all the way down, for every case. The dies do the adjusting, never the stroke.

6. The powder "bridged" in the powder measure. Some powders flow out of a powder measure better than others. Sometimes "stick" powders have a tendency to get bound up and then powder flow is restricted. This can happen for one or two rounds, or for 20. If this is the cause, then switch to a spherical powder.

Solutions:
1. Go slow
2. You should always be visually inspecting the case before you place a bullet on it.
3. You can use a powder cop die. I don't use one, but some people find them comforting, visual inspection should suffice.
4. Develop a comprehensive process...almost like a checklist. Every time I reload I do x,y,z in that order.

verbaljitsu 03-01-2013 03:40 PM

P.S. - It would not surprise me if you never have another squib load your entire life, once you get this figured out. So, don't get scared off by it. Just play detective, figure out what caused it, and fix it. And then its all good.

Frazod 03-01-2013 03:42 PM

I'll definitely never pull the handle again without making sure there's powder in the case.

Scary shit. Probably a good thing it happened, since I'll always remember it.

LiveSteam 03-01-2013 04:12 PM

Plus 1 on stick powders being finicky in P-throwers

Munson 03-01-2013 05:06 PM

Just ordered an AK-74! PBJ

Its my first time ordering a gun through the interwebs. If everything goes smoothly, I'll probably end up ordering a couple more AKs by the end of the year.

pr_capone 03-01-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9455369)
Just ordered an AK-74! PBJ

Its my first time ordering a gun through the interwebs. If everything goes smoothly, I'll probably end up ordering a couple more AKs by the end of the year.

how much and where?

Bwana 03-01-2013 07:44 PM

Decent deal if anyone is looking for 10mm.

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/23881

dred 03-01-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9455701)
Decent deal if anyone is looking for 10mm.

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/23881

thats a really good deal. almost makes me want to go out and get a 10mm.

Bwana 03-01-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9455745)
thats a really good deal. almost makes me want to go out and get a 10mm.

Yeah, I have a lot of 10mm rounds, but I had to take advantage of this deal and get 5 more boxes of this stuff. This deal was to good to pass up.

A Salt Weapon 03-01-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9455369)
Just ordered an AK-74!

Congrats.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brianfo 03-01-2013 08:45 PM

Bought another Colt M4 OPS .22 LR tonight at local gun show. I now have one for each of my boys. I also have two Colt LE 6920's for each of them when they are old enough. Gunshow was packed for a Friday night. Ammo was crazy high. I am paying attention to who is gauging their customer base. Bought 4200 round of .22 LR from Cabela's a month ago, and they are not playing games.

There are still some gun dealers out there that are looking out for their customers. There are also a lot that are willing to bend you over, so to speak. Be careful, and know the value of what you are after.

Bwana 03-02-2013 06:15 AM

More 10mm at a good price, while it lasts.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-pp-r10-1.html

notorious 03-02-2013 08:20 AM

I have a question for you guys:

Is it more expensive when you don't shoot?

I have a problem with buying new gear because I have more time to think about it instead of shooting the stuff I already have. Winter is getting expensive.

Maybe it's just me......

dred 03-02-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9456612)
I have a question for you guys:

Is it more expensive when you don't shoot?

I have a problem with buying new gear because I have more time to think about it instead of shooting the stuff I already have. Winter is getting expensive.

Maybe it's just me......

It's not just you. Glad to know that I'm not the only one with that problem. :D

Tombstone RJ 03-02-2013 10:43 AM

anyone able to buy the .17 hornet ammo from anyone? It's the centerfire stuff, I can't find it anywhere.

dred 03-02-2013 12:40 PM

I've started looking at 40 S&W pistols since there is a buttload of ammo on the shelves everytime I go by the gunshop.

Anybody here own/carry a 40 S&W?

I'd like to find out which models to look out for or avoid altogether.

Bwana 03-02-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9456976)
I've started looking at 40 S&W pistols since there is a buttload of ammo on the shelves everytime I go by the gunshop.

I did at one point a few years ago, It was a S&W.

A Salt Weapon 03-02-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

I carry a Glock23C 80% of the time. I like it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tombstone RJ 03-02-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

I own and XDM, love it. I think it feels just like a 9mm when I shoot it. I think there's a reason the feds are buying up a bunch of this stuff.

Bwana 03-02-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9456752)
anyone able to buy the .17 hornet ammo from anyone? It's the centerfire stuff, I can't find it anywhere.

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.cajunammo.com/500-Rounds-...rHMRVMx500.htm

http://all-in-general.com/product_in...2e0b5d9d736d89

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/horn...x-p-73753.html

Tombstone RJ 03-02-2013 05:14 PM

this is all rimfire stuff (good stuff too). I want the "Hornet" centerfire bullets. They are re-loadable.

Bwana 03-02-2013 05:18 PM

Hmm, well I gave it a shot. This is the only other thing I was able to locate with "17" on it and it says nothing about hornet.

http://all-in-general.com/product_in...ducts_id=47740

LiveSteam 03-02-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9457841)
this is all rimfire stuff (good stuff too). I want the "Hornet" centerfire bullets. They are re-loadable.

I might know where some brass is. I've never seen live rounds for sale before. I thought everyone just reloaded for it. I'm about ready to jump out of the HMR & into into the 17 hornet.
Let me know if you are interested in the brass?

MOhillbilly 03-02-2013 09:49 PM

****in reeruned ammo prices. I took stock, bought what we needed and buried it.

LiveSteam 03-03-2013 02:01 AM

Just bought this aftermarket part for my old 835 ultra mag :evil:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X1CJ7Z4fcs0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rockymtnchief 03-03-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9459333)
Just bought this aftermarket part for my old 835 ultra mag :evil:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X1CJ7Z4fcs0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's the longest dick I've ever seen on a bird! He can barely get off the ground!

Bwana 03-03-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 9459521)
That's the longest dick I've ever seen on a bird! He can barely get off the ground!

ROFL

No doubt. I think I would break out the 10 gauge (with lead) just to make sure to kill it off with the first shot.

notorious 03-03-2013 09:13 AM

Well, I pulled the trigger last night:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/media.../4/147m4a1.jpg

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...pinned-a2.html

PSA 14.7" Upper

Barrel length 14.7"
Hammer Forged Barrel
Machine Gun Steel
5.56 Nato Chamber
1 in 7" twist
Extra-thick Chrome-lined bore and chamber
Carbine gas system
M4A1 profile
M4 feedramps
Forged upper

The barrel can handle 15,000 rounds.

Stripped lowers are supposed to be here soon (double the price), and my M-16 BCG will be here soon, too.

The flash hider is unpinned, so I will put a Troy Batterail (the super light one) and a flip up sight on before pinning it.

At least I can stop obsessing.

They are still available is anyone wants one.

notorious 03-03-2013 09:20 AM

Oh, we just shot some newly reloaded ZMax 50 grain bullets, $59 per 500 :eek:, and they were grouping 1" at 100 through my father's 14.5" M&A AR yesterday (Chrome-Moly barrel).

That is the best bullet deal I have seen in the last 3 years. We should have bought 10K of them instead of 1500. :facepalm:

kepp 03-03-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9442075)
I finally got shipping confirmation for the pmags I ordered in mid-December.

So I received the order in the mail, but they only sent me 3 pmags instead of the 7 that I ordered. I emailed them and am waiting for their response.

R8RFAN 03-03-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9459688)

PSA 14.7" Upper

Barrel length 14.7"
Hammer Forged Barrel
Machine Gun Steel
5.56 Nato Chamber
1 in 7" twist
Carbine gas system
M4A1 profile
M4 feedramps
Forged upper

Stripped lowers are supposed to be here soon (double the price), and my M-16 BCG will be here soon, too.

The flash hider is unpinned, so I will put a Troy Batterail (the super light one) and a flip up sight on before pinning it.

Not likely you will die before me but if you do remember me in your will

notorious 03-03-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9459729)
Not likely you will die before me but if you do remember me in your will

Even if I die from old age that barrel will still have something left in the tank.

If my son ends up being a Meth-addicted transexual, you will be the next in line on the list.

R8RFAN 03-03-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9459736)
Even if I die from old age that barrel will still have something left in the tank.

If my son ends up being a Meth-addicted transexual, you will be the next in line on the list.

I prefer he got the guns

notorious 03-03-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9459740)
I prefer he got the guns

LMAO

Let's hope so.

dred 03-03-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9459688)

PSA 14.7" Upper

Barrel length 14.7"
Hammer Forged Barrel
Machine Gun Steel
5.56 Nato Chamber
1 in 7" twist
Carbine gas system
M4A1 profile
M4 feedramps
Forged upper

wow. only $485 for that upper too.

How long did it take for you to get it once you placed the order?

notorious 03-03-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9459960)
wow. only $485 for that upper too.

How long did it take for you to get it once you placed the order?

We will find out. I lucked across the deal last night. ;)

It doesn't have a BCG, and that is why it is cheap. M&A Parts has had 14.5's for a while, now, but they are already pinned, and I want the option of adding a flip up front sight, floating rail, etc. before making it permanant.

My dad has a 14.5, and I love it.

On a side note, my brother got a UTG carry handle/sight and it is pretty nice for a $35 handle. I can't tell the difference between it and a $95 GI handle.

A Salt Weapon 03-03-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9459988)
On a side note, my brother got a UTG carry handle/sight and it is pretty nice for a $35 handle. I can't tell the difference between it and a $95 GI handle.

You will when you find out it doesn't hold zero very well.
:-)

notorious 03-03-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9460022)
You will when you find out it doesn't hold zero very well.
:-)

He will. I have not ordered one yet.

I do have an unstamped handle on one of my rifles, which usually means it's cheap, and it's been prefect.

I haven't went to war with it, so there is that. :)

Frazod 03-03-2013 11:45 AM

About to pull the trigger on this bad boy

https://www.dawsonprecision.com/imag...%20CRP%20B.jpg

I had been reluctant to get another .45 because the ammo's so much more expensive than 9mm or .40. But since I reload now, who cares?

notorious 03-03-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9460073)

I had been reluctant to get another .45 because the ammo's so much more expensive than 9mm or .40. But since I reload now, who cares?

Lead bullets are super cheap, and a .45 is slow enough it doesn't matter.

Orrrrrr, you could start casting your own lead. :hmmm:

Frazod 03-03-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9460083)
Lead bullets are super cheap, and a .45 is slow enough it doesn't matter.

Orrrrrr, you could start casting your own lead. :hmmm:

We've already got a shit ton of bullets. Hardest thing to find right now is primers.

Bwana 03-03-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Aww hell, if you are going to go big get yourself a S&W 500.

I have one, rockymountainchief has one and if you step up you can come pay us a visit and beg a grizzy to get out of hand. :D The beast makes a 44 magnum look like a pea shooter.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/model500-bullets.jpg

http://images.wholesalehunter.com/pr...wpic163504.jpg

notorious 03-03-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9460103)
We've already got a shit ton of bullets. Impossible thing to find right now is primers.

FYP

Frazod 03-03-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9460115)

I have one, rockymountainchief has one and if you step up you can come pay us a visit and beg a grizzy to get out of hand. :D The beast makes a 44 magnum look like a pea shooter.

Heh. I have shot a Desert Eagle .50, but don't have much need for a hand cannon around these parts. :D

rockymtnchief 03-03-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

:clap:

I have the dies, bullets, shells ready for you to reload some .500's. I'll buy the beer. Bwana can handle the grizzlies on his own!:D

Bwana 03-03-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9460135)
Heh. Not much need of a hand cannon around these parts. :D

If they will spank a grizzly, they will knock the stuffing out of a hood rat. :evil:

Check out this video a some dude smoking water jugs with various calibers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=x-NDjUJlbaw

Bwana 03-03-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 9460147)
:clap:

I have the dies, bullets, shells ready for you to reload some .500's. I'll buy the beer. Bwana can handle the grizzlies on his own!:D

I have a lot of once shot .500 brass around here. You buy the beer, you own the brass. :thumb:

R8RFAN 03-03-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9460197)
I have a lot of once shot .500 brass around here. You buy the beer, you own the brass. :thumb:

You are da man...

rockymtnchief 03-03-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9460190)
If they will spank a grizzly, they will knock the stuffing out of a hood rat. :evil:

Check out this video a some dude smoking water jugs with various calibers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=x-NDjUJlbaw

NICE!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9460197)

I owe ya beer anyway.

R8RFAN 03-03-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Sweet....

Bwana 03-03-2013 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 9460228)
NICE!

I owe ya beer anyway.

Hey, on a side note, I just hit Cabela's to pick up a new cleaning kit and some bore snakes. I noticed they had some .500 ammo in there so I scored 4 more boxes, with puts me at just under 400 live rounds. They still have a bunch of boxes in there at $32.99 a box if you need any.

Things are going to get shot up this summer on our ATV trips!

CrazyPhuD 03-03-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Mmmmm the 500! But compensated bah! Who needs a compensator! Mine is the John Ross JR500 5" barrel no comp but barrel nut to tighten up the barrel cylinder gap. Designed to get 6.5-8" velocity out of a 5" barrel. Plus he increased the twist so that it can stabilize a 700gr bullet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9460135)
Heh. I have shot a Desert Eagle .50, but don't have much need for a hand cannon around these parts. :D

Bah what part of firearms involves need! It's fun!! Plus one of the major reasons to own 50s is that it really torques off antis? ;) have my 50DE, 500S&W and will pick up a 50GI glock conversion once they release the gen 4 adapter.

Btw if you ever decide to make your own bullets consider looking at this site. Bunch of pretty knowledgable guys.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forum.php

CrazyPhuD 03-03-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

STIs are great guns! Pretty race ready out of the box and often used at IPSC competitions!

dred 03-03-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Nice! Is that red tridium/carbon fiber they have on the front site?

Frazod 03-03-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9460833)
Nice! Is that red tridium/carbon fiber they have on the front site?

Yeah - I have the same thing on my XDm, only that one's green.

dred 03-03-2013 10:28 PM

So I am checking out 40 s&w's on ARMSLIST tonight.

Seriously considering a H&K P30 in 40 s&w.

http://www.eurooptic.com/images/prod...SW-M734003.jpg

Dude has one listed for $750 with a couple hundred rounds through it.

If this guy flakes out on me then I will go back to checking on S&W, Springfields and dare I say... a Glock. :hmmm:

rockymtnchief 03-03-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9460519)
Hey, on a side note, I just hit Cabela's to pick up a new cleaning kit and some bore snakes. I noticed they had some .500 ammo in there so I scored 4 more boxes, with puts me at just under 400 live rounds. They still have a bunch of boxes in there at $32.99 a box if you need any.

Things are going to get shot up this summer on our ATV trips!

Damn, I was just in Blgs this afternoon. Hopefully, I can stop in there Friday. Heading to WSS tomorrow.

LiveSteam 03-03-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9460897)
Yeah - I have the same thing on my XDm, only that one's green.

What up with the bottom of the grip?

Frazod 03-03-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9462056)
What up with the bottom of the grip?

It's called an Ice Magwell - makes for faster magazine reloads on competition pistols.

Frazod 03-04-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Ordered. Should have it in a week or two. :rockon:

petegz28 03-04-2013 12:23 PM

.223 megapacks in stock!!

http://www.slickguns.com/product/rem...k-200box-12999

kepp 03-04-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9463019)

Not anymore.

petegz28 03-04-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9463114)
Not anymore.

wow!I caught it when it was 8 minutes old and got in an order.

Bwana 03-04-2013 01:20 PM

.223 Ammo in stock for now

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-355...mmunition.aspx

Bwana 03-04-2013 01:30 PM

Wolf here as well for a 2nd place desperation buy.

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/wpami...mmo500rds.aspx

A Salt Weapon 03-04-2013 02:54 PM

Scored a stripped lower last night. $175 for a new aero precision. Thinking of building a 6.8 build.
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone 03-04-2013 02:57 PM

I just got a call from Atlantic Firearms to let me know my .223 is in the mail. Great customer service.

pr_capone 03-04-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9463190)
Wolf here as well for a 2nd place desperation buy.

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/wpami...mmo500rds.aspx

Yikes... that is not even close to a deal. .64CPR before shipping for steel? No way.

Dunit35 03-04-2013 03:40 PM

Going to have to sell a gun and ammo to help pay for a new ac in my wifes car. I'm going to cry when I say goodbye.

A Salt Weapon 03-04-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 9463862)
Going to have to sell a gun and ammo to help pay for a new ac in my wifes car. I'm going to cry when I say goodbye.

I wouldn't.
Food for thought, you'll still be able to buy a new AC unit in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dunit35 03-04-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9464001)
I wouldn't.
Food for thought, you'll still be able to buy a new AC unit in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I'm really not wanting to see my bank account drop $1200 though.

Luckily, a coworker is installing the compressor or it'd b around $2k.

Tombstone RJ 03-04-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9463451)
Scored a stripped lower last night. $175 for a new aero precision. Thinking of building a 6.8 build.
Posted via Mobile Device

got a buddy who built an AR15 for the 6.5 grendel cartridge. Nice, very nice.