ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU *** Official 2014-15 Mizzou Basketball Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287934)

Mizzou_8541 02-19-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 11335450)
A Mizzou fan told me at work today that he'd rather have Kim Anderson over Bill Self because Anderson has won a "national championship" more recently.

I laughed. But I was wondering do you guys agree?

Dumbest comment I've heard. No, I don't agree.

duncan_idaho 02-19-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 11335450)
A Mizzou fan told me at work today that he'd rather have Kim Anderson over Bill Self because Anderson has won a "national championship" more recently.

I laughed. But I was wondering do you guys agree?

It's good thing I don't work with that guy. I would have had a hard time avoiding either:

1) Verbally eviscerating him
2) Physically hitting him

That's honestly the dumbest thing I've heard an Anderson defender say this week. Even dumber than "Sure, Arkansas beat them by 15 and they were never in it after the first 5 minutes, but they didn't get completely blown out!" statement.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-19-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11335699)
It's good thing I don't work with that guy. I would have had a hard time avoiding either:

1) Verbally eviscerating him
2) Physically hitting him

That's honestly the dumbest thing I've heard an Anderson defender say this week. Even dumber than "Sure, Arkansas beat them by 15 and they were never in it after the first 5 minutes, but they didn't get completely blown out!" statement.

Sounds like Steven St. John lol. I hope you guys can him. You deserve better.

duncan_idaho 02-19-2015 11:09 AM

Coaches I hear that would have accepted the Missouri job, if offered:

Chris Mack
Ben Howland
Brad Underwood
Larry Eustachy
Kevin Stallings

Youch (and this is WITH the knowledge they'd be working for Mike Alden... gives me hope for the next hire, which hopefully occurs after the 2015-16 sesaon).

Sully 02-19-2015 11:19 AM

Eustachy would be hilarious.

Sure-Oz 02-19-2015 11:30 AM

I wanted Howland ...7-19 bring in Truman to coach the rest of the games

Bowser 02-19-2015 11:33 AM

Larry Eustachy, lol. That would have been awesome. At the very least you know he would have packed the arena full of frat guys and sorority girls.

duncan_idaho 02-19-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11335901)
Larry Eustachy, lol. That would have been awesome. At the very least you know he would have packed the arena full of frat guys and sorority girls.

Yeah, Eustachy was probably never happening, but that still is a very impressive list of coaches passed over to hire a D2 nobody because he played at Mizzou and was a (shitty) assistant to Norm Stewart as his program cycled down.

Bowser 02-19-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11335910)
Yeah, Eustachy was probably never happening, but that still is a very impressive list of coaches passed over to hire a D2 nobody because he played at Mizzou and was a (shitty) assistant to Norm Stewart as his program cycled down.

Truth.

Admittedly I've never been a huge basketball guy, but man, you just can't let what's happening happen. Do you think Kimmie will get year 2, or will the new guy make sweeping changes with basketball?

duncan_idaho 02-19-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11335932)
Truth.

Admittedly I've never been a huge basketball guy, but man, you just can't let what's happening happen. Do you think Kimmie will get year 2, or will the new guy make sweeping changes with basketball?

Unfortunately, all indications are that he will be given at least 2 years and likely at least 3-4.

Hopefully, next season is such a shit show/disaster, the new AD is given the OK to make a move.

Bowser 02-19-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11336084)
Unfortunately, all indications are that he will be given at least 2 years and likely at least 3-4.

Hopefully, next season is such a shit show/disaster, the new AD is given the OK to make a move.

If this keeps up, I can't see how that would be a possibility, unless basketball is just an afterthought for the school.

kepp 02-19-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11335851)
Coaches I hear that would have accepted the Missouri job, if offered:

Chris Mack
Ben Howland
Brad Underwood
Larry Eustachy
Kevin Stallings

Youch (and this is WITH the knowledge they'd be working for Mike Alden... gives me hope for the next hire, which hopefully occurs after the 2015-16 sesaon).

I really wish I hadn't read that list. Now I'll be shaking my head for the rest of the day :shake:

duncan_idaho 02-19-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11336195)
If this keeps up, I can't see how that would be a possibility, unless basketball is just an afterthought for the school.

The problem is that the system pres and some of the high level boosters are huge Norm fans (who would fight Hamas for speaking truthfully of Norm's shortcomings) who are fine with a complete tear down and rebuild.

Jerm 02-19-2015 03:53 PM

Well we've definitely seen the tear down...as far as the rebuild goes....yeesh with KA in charge.

GloryDayz 02-19-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 11335382)
The coaching carousel is going to hurt the chances for a good candidate. Why did these a-holes have to waste another hire?

Good thing college basketball is the simplest sport to fix in terms of going from terrible to respectable.

All joking aside, the next pick won't be Alex's so there's hope.