ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW new new conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278522)

Saul Good 12-04-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10248006)

Is this the Big 12 fan's version of "scoreboard"?

Bambi 12-04-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10248020)

nah, trophy cases are pretty full in the Big 12. (Well with the exception of Baylor and ISU I suppose)

WhawhaWhat 12-04-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10248006)

Quote:

Among other factors, the study looked at each program's revenues and expenses and made cash-flow adjustments, risk assessments and growth projections for each school.
2011 List

2012 List

Pitt Gorilla 12-04-2013 02:23 PM

Perhaps this was mentioned, but here is a link that pulls the Sports Media Watch numbers together:

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013/...as-am-missouri

Prison Bitch 12-04-2013 02:36 PM

Bambi that data is highly misleading because schools don't uniformly report income by segment.

Titty Meat 12-04-2013 02:41 PM

3-40 is a great conference record

Saul Good 12-04-2013 02:49 PM

I love it. The Big 12 apologists in this thread are like the losers who tell everyone in the bar how much their shirt cost in hopes that it will get them laid. Then, when that doesn't work, they pick a fight with the guy in a t-shirt and jeans who is leaving with the girl. In the end, all they're ever left with is a fat lip, a bloody shirt, and a crusty wad of tissues.

Sadly, they'll be back at the bar tomorrow with a new shirt, a band-aid, and supreme confidence that this will be the night everything finally turns around.

DJ's left nut 12-04-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10248020)

Mostly just Wickedson.

He'll get around to endowment smack here in short order.

Saul Good 12-04-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10248219)
Mostly just Wickedson.

He'll get around to endowment smack here in short order.

I just can't figure out why it would possibly matter what a college football team is worth if it isn't translating to success on the field. What is Texas going to do, sell the team to a Saudi Prince and share the proceeds with the fans of other teams in the conference?

Bambi is like an Orioles fan bragging to a Royals fan about how high the Yankees payroll is.

Money in sports is great for the fans to the extent that it helps your team win. Texas football isn't winning...and Kansas football damned sure isn't winning...and the problem has nothing to do with a lack of money. They've got the best bunch of losers money can buy.

Maybe they should spend some of that money paying fans to watch the games.

warpaint* 12-04-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10248261)

Maybe they should spend some of that money paying fans to watch the games.

You know they actually do that in the MAC.

A cousin of mine did her first two years of undergrad (recent past...last five years) at UB & she told me they actually paid students to go to the football games. I asked how it worked and she said they'd show up w/ their student I.D. and an official at the gate would hand 'em $40 to come in and watch.

Games are free for NWMS students but I had never heard of getting paid to go to them before.

Saul Good 12-04-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10248330)
You know they actually do that in the MAC.

A cousin of mine did her first two years of undergrad (recent past...last five years) at UB & she told me they actually paid students to go to the football games. I asked how it worked and she said they'd show up w/ their student I.D. and an official at the gate would hand 'em $40 to come in and watch.

Games are free for NWMS students but I had never heard of getting paid to go to them before.

Interesting. Well, the MAC games get about half the viewership of Big 12 games, so the Big 12 should only have to pay $20.

Prison Bitch 12-04-2013 04:34 PM

Anyone catch the interview on the news with the dad who's son was killed at Arrowhead Sunday? Wearing a Mizzou jacket. I felt doubly sorry for the man.

eazyb81 12-04-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10248387)
Anyone catch the interview on the news with the dad who's son was killed at Arrowhead Sunday? Wearing a Mizzou jacket. I felt doubly sorry for the man.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...georgewife.gif

WhawhaWhat 12-04-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10248387)

Was the Dad or the son wearing the jacket? Your sentence is ambiguous and poorly constructed.

Bambi 12-04-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10248178)
I love it. The Big 12 apologists in this thread are like the losers who tell everyone in the bar how much their shirt cost in hopes that it will get them laid. Then, when that doesn't work, they pick a fight with the guy in a t-shirt and jeans who is leaving with the girl. In the end, all they're ever left with is a fat lip, a bloody shirt, and a crusty wad of tissues.

Sadly, they'll be back at the bar tomorrow with a new shirt, a band-aid, and supreme confidence that this will be the night everything finally turns around.

You're so sad that no one wants to trade places with you.

Get something in that trophy case and perhaps your dreams will be fulfilled.

Until then... ahhhh, who am I kidding. We'll wait.