ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football **** Official Blow4Barkley**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263924)

DJ's left nut 11-19-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9134410)
And he under-threw the route by a good 10 yards, good thing his WR makes a great adjustment on the ball. Probably not the best choice of examples.

"Barkley: Cock strong, cannon armed, future superstar!!!

Cassel: Popgun firing pussy...."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lgQWLQlo7m0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(see 1:35 mark)...

"Ah shit."

Barkley's arm strength is nothing more than adequate for an NFL quarterback, kiddos. That's all there is to it. He has a lower ceiling than Landry Jones. He's a system quarterback and game manager waiting to happen.

We could do worse (we have done worse), but we'll never have a QB situation in the top 1/2 of the NFL with Matt Barkley under center. If you're jonesing for a difference maker taking snaps, Barkley's not worth the trouble.

He isn't that guy.

OnTheWarpath15 11-19-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9134410)
And he under-threw the route by a good 10 yards, good thing his WR makes a great adjustment on the ball. Probably not the best choice of examples.

In fairness, to not underthrow the WR means he would have had to thrown it 76+ yards in the air.

And I don't know any college QB's - or more than 1-2 pro QB's that can do that and do it accurately.

That said, I'm not a fan of his arm strength. It took everything he had to get that ball 66, and he's known for struggling with the deep out - a NFL necessity.

Titty Meat 11-19-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9134420)
"Barkley: Cock strong, cannon armed, future superstar!!!

Cassel: Popgun firing pussy...."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lgQWLQlo7m0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(see 1:35 mark)...

"Ah shit."

Barkley's arm strength is nothing more than adequate for an NFL quarterback, kiddos. That's all there is to it. He has a lower ceiling than Landry Jones. He's a system quarterback and game manager waiting to happen.

We could do worse (we have done worse), but we'll never have a QB situation in the top 1/2 of the NFL with Matt Barkley under center. If you're jonesing for a difference maker taking snaps, Barkley's not worth the trouble.

He isn't that guy.

Idk saw a QB yesterday that kicked our ass who was labeled all those things too.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9134431)
In fairness, to not underthrow the WR means he would have had to thrown it 76+ yards in the air.

And I don't know any college QB's - or more than 1-2 pro QB's that can do that and do it accurately.

True.

O.city 11-19-2012 05:44 PM

Look at the throw tho. He was out side of the pocket, was allowed to crow hop windup into it.

He's not going to be allowed to do that from the pocket.

DJ's left nut 11-19-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9134437)
Idk saw a QB yesterday that kicked our ass who was labeled all those things too.

Your point being? Kicking our asses up and down the field doesn't mean shit.

Dalton is a pretty fair comparison for Barkley, really. I don't think Dalton's going to be a great QB in this league - he's a vehicle for feeding AJ Green the football.

He's just right there in the morass of 'meh' quarterbacks. And if you're shooting for that, you should probably go Barkley. I think there's about an 80% chance that Barkley becomes an acceptable 'meh' NFL quarterback.

The bust potential for Smith appears higher...but he's also a guy with physical skills that could actually make him elite.

Barkley isn't - just like Dalton.

Nightfyre 11-19-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9134446)
Look at the throw tho. He was out side of the pocket, was allowed to crow hop windup into it.

He's not going to be allowed to do that from the pocket.

Barkley's height also FURTHER precludes him from being able to drive tacks on intermediate routes. That's why all of his deep throws and throws with velocity typically come from outside the pocket.

BigMeatballDave 11-19-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9134478)
Barkley's height also FURTHER precludes him from being able to drive tacks on intermediate routes. That's why all of his deep throws and throws with velocity typically come from outside the pocket.

Not buying it. He's taller than Brees.

BigMeatballDave 11-19-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9134420)

He has a lower ceiling than Landry Jones.

:spock:

That's a fairly stupid comment.

And I'm not a huge fan of Barkley.

Titty Meat 11-19-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9134467)
Your point being? Kicking our asses up and down the field doesn't mean shit.

Dalton is a pretty fair comparison for Barkley, really. I don't think Dalton's going to be a great QB in this league - he's a vehicle for feeding AJ Green the football.

He's just right there in the morass of 'meh' quarterbacks. And if you're shooting for that, you should probably go Barkley. I think there's about an 80% chance that Barkley becomes an acceptable 'meh' NFL quarterback.

The bust potential for Smith appears higher...but he's also a guy with physical skills that could actually make him elite.

Barkley isn't - just like Dalton.

I see no reason why a guy like Barkley couldn't lead a team to a championship. The guy's arm is adequate we're not talking Chad Pennington here i've seen the guy fit the ball in tight windows numerous times and has good touch. The thing that's been concerning to me about Barkley is the number of interceptions and how he's thrown them his year.

After the OU game and having a whole year to sit down and watch most WVU, Ark, and USC games I want Geno Smith as my QB because of the upside but his bust potential is higher than Wilsons or Barkley. I would like Wilson the most because he has all the tools and even better mobility than Smith but the guy has serious leadership questions.

ChiefRocka 11-19-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9134496)
Not buying it. He's taller than Brees.

Exception.

Also Dalton is a very good 2nd year QB and we would be lucky to draft a QB with his ability.

DJ's left nut 11-19-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9134508)
:spock:

That's a fairly stupid comment.

And I'm not a huge fan of Barkley.

He does.

Jones has the talent to be the best pure passer to come out of this draft. The problem is that he's incredibly erratic.

If he can iron out his footwork, he could be a very good quarterback...presuming that he also spends 2/3 years figuring out progressions (because he isn't terribly good at those either). There's no question that he has a massive learning curve, but his physical attributes are outsatanding.

He probably won't manage it, but the skills are there. On occasion he makes a throw that is just incredible...then he'll follow it up with an insanely stupid decision.

Landry Jones has a ton of talent, it's just not terribly likely to come together.

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9134510)
Exception.

Also Dalton is a very good 2nd year QB and we would be lucky to draft a QB with his ability.

Actually, I think the Chiefs would be unlucky if all they got from the number one overall pick was an Andy Dalton clone.

Dalton's fine and all but at this point, he hardly looks like a guy that can put a team on his shoulders and win when it matters most.

htismaqe 11-20-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9135502)
Actually, I think the Chiefs would be unlucky if all they got from the number one overall pick was an Andy Dalton clone.

Dalton's fine and all but at this point, he hardly looks like a guy that can put a team on his shoulders and win when it matters most.

Yep.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 09:01 AM

This board has an unhealthy obsession with Andy Dalton