ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Sci-Fi geeks UNITE!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119615)

Nightwish 02-15-2009 02:50 AM

I'm trying to figure out why they introduced the defunct 7 line. Did they discuss the 7's in any previous episodes? It doesn't seem that there's much point in adding that story arc this late in the game, unless they're just trying to solidify the parallels between the humans and cylons - thirteen tribes, thirteen models.

As for the Cavil-led cylons (which I am now officially naming the Cavilcade ... pass it along!), do they know where the fleet is? If they don't, where the heck are Sharon and Ellen trying to get to, if not to hook up with the fleet?

keg in kc 02-15-2009 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish (Post 5493428)
I'm trying to figure out why they introduced the defunct 7 line. Did they discuss the 7's in any previous episodes? It doesn't seem that there's much point in adding that story arc this late in the game, unless they're just trying to solidify the parallels between the humans and cylons - thirteen tribes, thirteen models.

The true answer to that is that they had planned on 12 models, but when they introduced the Final Five last year, they realized they had given Boomer the number 8, and that didn't work if there were 12 models. So they added #7 and made 13.

As far as I know Daniel has never been mentioned before.

Last week won't be the last time we hear about him.
Quote:

As for the Cavil-led cylons (which I am now officially naming the Cavilcade ... pass it along!), do they know where the fleet is? If they don't, where the heck are Sharon and Ellen trying to get to, if not to hook up with the fleet?
I had the same question.

There's a lot of questions I have after last week's episode, which I'll make a list of sometime in the next couple of days after I watch it again. I have a feeling I missed some things.

Nightwish 02-15-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5489954)
Did they have to use PC as the doctor. heh

Thank you! I'd been sitting here wracking my brain trying to figure out where the hell I'd seen that guy before! It's been that kind of day for me - right before I watched BSG, I watched the new ep of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles, and it took me halfway through the episode to remember where I'd seen the Sheriff (he was Michael on Stargate Atlantis).

007 02-15-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish (Post 5493469)
Thank you! I'd been sitting here wracking my brain trying to figure out where the hell I'd seen that guy before! It's been that kind of day for me - right before I watched BSG, I watched the new ep of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles, and it took me halfway through the episode to remember where I'd seen the Sheriff (he was Michael on Stargate Atlantis).

He was also on Star Trek Enterprise as the Engineer. But I knew that as soon as I had seen his name in the credits. Conner Trinneer.

Adept Havelock 02-16-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5493585)
He was also on Star Trek Enterprise as the Engineer. But I knew that as soon as I had seen his name in the credits. Conner Trinneer.

The pride of UMKC. :p

Nightwish 02-16-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5493585)

I didn't realize. I've only seen a handful of episodes of Enterprise. I just can't get into it like I could the other ST series.

AustinChief 02-16-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish (Post 5493428)

Spoilerish for those who didn't watch it yet

Spoiler!

Frazod 02-16-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 5498428)
Spoilerish for those who didn't watch it yet

Spoiler!

Yeah, we've still got one major player unaccounted for.

keg in kc 02-16-2009 10:57 PM

I thought it was inferred she's going to the fleet.

I think bad things are going to happen to Tigh's 6 when she gets there, too. I think that's one cylon baby that's not coming to term.

Frazod 02-16-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5498970)
I thought it was inferred she's going to the fleet.

I think bad things are going to happen to Tigh's 6 when she gets there, too. I think that's one cylon baby that's not coming to term.

Spoiler!

keg in kc 02-16-2009 11:40 PM

Spoiler!

Frazod 02-16-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5499071)
Spoiler!

Well, next week should be interesting, then.

Not the most likely candidate for a territorial bitch fight.... :D

keg in kc 02-16-2009 11:56 PM

Even if it isn't ellen, we're talking about the spawn of two *known* cylons in the middle of a fleet full of humans.

It isn't likely to end well.

I don't think we've even scratched the surface of how dark this show will be before it ends.

The last episode was a setup, but it also struck me as the calm before the storm.

keg in kc 02-17-2009 03:15 AM

Galactica's finale is going to be in 3 parts.

Part 1 is going to air on March 13th, and the parts 2 and 3 will air March 20th, following a repeat of the first part.

I'm seriously contemplating not watching March 13th and seeing all 3 hours of the finale at once.

Buck 02-20-2009 05:59 PM

Ok Guys.

My quest is almost over.

"What is his quest?" you may be asking yourself.

Well. I started watching season one in about Mid December or so. I made it my goal to catch up to the show premiering live on TV before it was over. Well, I am one episode away from that. Basically I need to watch last weeks episode tonight right before tonights and then I am caught up and I will definitely be joining the discussion.

This show is ****ing epic.