ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Who is ready for College Hoops? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265836)

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9443381)
Tennessee isn't a good basketball team. Elite teams shouldn't lose like that to them (and that goes for KU losing to TCU too or any of the other shitty losses that have occurred this year).

That's just it - there aren't any elite teams this year. And, FTR, losing @ TCU is MUCH MUCH worse than losing @Tenn

Losses (RPI):
Florida - @Arkansas (77), @Tenn (52)
Duke - @Maryland (67)
Miami - Indiana State (59), @FGCU (111), @Wake Forest (146)
New Mexico - South Dakota State (79)
Kansas - @TCU (226)
Louisville - @Villanova (55)
Georgetown - @USF (129)
Syracuse - @Villanova (55)
Arizona - @Oregon (49), UCLA (42), Cal (43)

Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Gonzaga haven't lost to any >50 RPI teams.

KC_Connection 02-27-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9443859)
That's just it - there aren't any elite teams this year. And, FTR, losing @ TCU is MUCH MUCH worse than losing @Tenn

Different levels of shit maybe, but still shit all the same. I had put Florida in the true elite category, but it has become quite clear to me that they're not. The only teams who might qualify are Indiana and Duke with Kelly.

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9444355)
Different levels of shit maybe, but still shit all the same. I had put Florida in the elite category, but it has become quite clear to me that they're not. The only teams who might qualify are Indiana and Duke with Kelly.

Florida definitely hasn't looked elite for a month or more - but when they were at full strength, to me, they were the #1 team in the country. Hopefully once Yeguete returns and if Frazier is healthy, they'll start clicking again.

Indiana is damn good and if you look at Michigan's resume it's pretty impressive.

I'm not scurr'd of duke.

KC_Connection 02-27-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9444365)
Indiana is damn good and if you look at Michigan's resume it's pretty impressive.

Michigan hasn't beaten enough good teams to consider them elite. The fact that they've lost every big road game they've played isn't a good sign.

Quote:

I'm not scurr'd of duke.
You should be. With a healthy Kelly, they're a much more complete team and probably the best in the country.

Ceej 02-27-2013 12:17 PM

Personally, I still think UF will be my pick to win it all.

I like Indiana, but Zeller looked pretty soft against a pretty physical frontcourt.

What a crazy year.

Ceej 02-27-2013 02:47 PM

As of today who is everyone's final four?

KC_Connection 02-27-2013 03:09 PM

Indiana, Gonzaga, Kansas, and Duke (assuming Kelly is in full health when he returns).

Ceej 02-27-2013 03:24 PM

I gotta go with Zags, Indiana, Florida....then I really don't know.

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 03:47 PM

Depends upon seeds and regions of course, but: Indiana, Florida, Michigan, Michigan St

Ceej 02-27-2013 03:57 PM

Yeah, I don't see that many B10 teams in the final four.

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9447210)
Yeah, I don't see that many B10 teams in the final four.

I don't either, but I don't see Kansas, Gonzaga, Miami, or Duke getting there. I can def. see 2 B10 teams there. Like I said, a lot depends upon the regions.

Ceej 02-27-2013 04:08 PM

If Elijah can maintain the level of ball he has been playing lately KU has a real good shot.

I agree about the seeding. But, I mostly just brought it up for discussion purposes and to avoid all of the Alex Smith threads.

sedated 02-27-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9446646)
As of today who is everyone's final four?

Kansas
Michigan
Indiana
Florida

KC_Connection 02-27-2013 04:31 PM

KU is a better team than they were last year and they made it last year. And it's not like anybody else is really separating themselves to make me think KU is inferior to anybody. So I figure why not?

Of course, it's always with the caveat that the entire thing is largely a crapshoot that depends on the draw. Anything can happen, especially this year.

sedated 02-27-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9447480)
Of course, it's always with the caveat that the entire thing is largely a crapshoot that depends on the draw. Anything can happen, especially this year.

I can't wait for the chaos that is coming in March. I could see this being a year where not a single #1 seed makes it. The season has been nuts, every week it seem multiple top teams are going down.