ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

petegz28 05-07-2017 01:33 PM

With runners on 2nd & 3rd and 1 out, Soler goes down looking at strike 3 right down the middle and was followed up by Esky striking out....to a minor league pitcher

suzzer99 05-07-2017 01:36 PM

Lol the Royals ruined Matt Harvey. http://m.mlb.com/news/article/228839...olating-rules/

petegz28 05-07-2017 01:41 PM

And of course Cleveland scores after we piss off a golden chance to take the lead

Why Not? 05-07-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 12861510)
And of course Cleveland scores after we piss off a golden chance to take the lead

So very 2017 Royals. What a POS this team is

Al Bundy 05-07-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 12861491)
With runners on 2nd & 3rd and 1 out, Soler goes down looking at strike 3 right down the middle and was followed up by Esky striking out....to a minor league pitcher

Soler sucks.

petegz28 05-07-2017 01:49 PM

corecction on my lat post..it was bonafacio after soler

lewdog 05-07-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12861475)
You can be a fan, man. It's not my intention to act like an old school snob. I'm just confused because I can't remember a single positive thing you've said about the team since you've been on here. I love that the Royals have picked up a ton of fans since 2014, what's annoying is the mob-like loathing a lot of these fans have toward GMDM, the players, and the fanbase now that the team is on a downward slide. This is basically the breaks of being a fan for a small market team.

I challenge anyone to name a single other small market team that has had more postseason success than the Royals since the year 2000. I don't think that team exists, these slides happen, even for the Rays and the A's of the world. Reading constant facebook/CP meltdowns from new era fans in spite of this is becoming a bit of an annoyance.

I do sincerely apologize if I went for the jugular in bringing up your past - you tend to do drive by swipes of the team/fanbase, some of which is not unlike PB. I love PB and reading his takes about these things, and I think the difference is that he sticks around to break down his thoughts about these issues, would I be asking for too much for you to stick around for more of these discussions?

And I ain't no PB fanboy, but he will quote himself at times and share him eating crow on some wrong predictions.

I have absolutely no hate for what's currently going on. Many of these same players over-achieved, caught lightning in a bottle and won a World Series that NO ONE thought they could win. It was one of the most insane runs you'll ever see from a team that didn't do anything one thing great on paper. We are now seeing some regression towards the mean, if not just absolute regression. That's baseball. It happens.

Chiefspants 05-07-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12861498)

It's been interesting to watch the Mets since the 2015 World Series. They've basically taken our exact trajectory since the series.

They ran their young pitchers into the ground for a chance to win it all, and they didn't get there. Now their fanbase is watching a similar decline of their team(take a visit to MetsRefugees to see it up close).

Thank god we made it all the way. Even if this team has the bottom fall out and Billay's prediction of our attendance does come true, at least that flag will fly forever.

petegz28 05-07-2017 02:10 PM

what's the record for a team swinging at pitches out of the strike zone? Cause I think we're gonna beat it

lewdog 05-07-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 12861562)
what's the record for a team swinging at pitches out of the strike zone? Cause I think we're gonna beat it

I think the least amount of runs scored in a season is very likely going to be ours.

Titty Meat 05-07-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12861475)
You can be a fan, man. It's not my intention to act like an old school snob. I'm just confused because I can't remember a single positive thing you've said about the team since you've been on here. I love that the Royals have picked up a ton of fans since 2014, what's annoying is the mob-like loathing a lot of these fans have toward GMDM, the players, and the fanbase now that the team is on a downward slide. This is basically the breaks of being a fan for a small market team.

I challenge anyone to name a single other small market team that has had more postseason success than the Royals since the year 2000. I don't think that team exists, these slides happen, even for the Rays and the A's of the world. Reading constant facebook/CP meltdowns from new era fans in spite of this is becoming a bit of an annoyance.

I do sincerely apologize if I went for the jugular in bringing up your past - you tend to do drive by swipes of the team/fanbase, some of which is not unlike PB. I love PB and reading his takes about these things, and I think the difference is that he sticks around to break down his thoughts about these issues, would I be asking for too much for you to stick around for more of these discussions?

No thats fine. Ill stick around and gladly learn from you guys. My post wasnt trying to be a swipe at the Royals but if those attendance numbers remain low thats just bullshit. People should be supporting them because as you mentioned theyve had a run like no other small market team has in the past. Ive been critical of the front offices current strategy but ya know what? Its still nice that they are trying to win because for many years we knew they werent. Gotta support this team no excuses.

KCUnited 05-07-2017 02:19 PM

Cleveland broadcast had Moose leading the league in chased pitches out of the zone. It's like they're trying to see if they can win it all with the '12 approach.

lewdog 05-07-2017 02:21 PM

Any great pitching performance.

Absolutely nothing will show for it.

petegz28 05-07-2017 02:27 PM

Soler 0-7 now....fitting right in with this suck offense

Al Bundy 05-07-2017 02:28 PM

Soler.. yuck.