ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Prison Bitch 07-28-2013 10:39 AM

We have our best team in 10 years and people want to sell? Why? Play it out. Who cares if we don't make the playoffs. Anyone who thinks simply getting STL's marginal 2B prospect makes us a winner next year is a total dumb ass to begin with.

Archie F. Swin 07-28-2013 10:41 AM

Rany also made it clear last night that Lough is a 27 old fluke and evoked the name Bob Hamlin.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9840406)
Plus having an owner who is regarded by many as cheap and not interested in winning. Glass' reputation would literally be better served by going for it and coming up short than trading guys off and alienating most of the average ticket buyers.

Pretty much.

This team is "in it." The math certainly doesn't favor us, but I don't think that the majority of fans are aware of how long the odds are. The Royals are "winning," and selling would absolutely kill the club in terms of public perception.

Valiant 07-28-2013 10:48 AM

Yeah, they are in a bad position, they cannot sell off and piss off the fans, if this is the best team in a long while and they sell, it disenfranchises them even more if that is possible.

Would love our hitters to turn it on and rattle off a big win streak and possible more. Sucks being a KC fan.

Prison Bitch 07-28-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9840417)
Rany also made it clear last night that Lough is a 27 old fluke and evoked the name Bob Hamlin.

Why didn't he evoke the name Raul Ibanez?

tk13 07-28-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9840417)

I don't know if he's Hamelin... he definitely doesn't take walks though. He has 4 on the season... but he actually hits enough we don't notice.

To be fair, Wil Myers is still doing the same thing. He has 7 walks in 32 games. Sounds exactly like a Royals prospect. 30 BB/150 K.

Deberg_1990 07-28-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9840434)

To be fair, Wil Myers is still doing the same thing. He has 7 walks in 32 games. Sounds exactly like a Royals prospect. 30 BB/150 K.

I can live with the strikeouts as long as you hit With power to help drive in runs. I mean, an out is an out isn't it?......whether its grounding out to ss or striking out swinging. I guess it depends on the situation.

Prison Bitch 07-28-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9840438)
I can live with the strikeouts as long as you hit With power to help drive in runs. I mean, an out is an out isn't it?......whether its grounding out to ss or striking out swinging. I guess it depends on the situation.

No. Strikeouts are much better for pitchers. Runners can't advance, errors cannot be made, etc etc.

Deberg_1990 07-28-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9840441)
No. Strikeouts are much better for pitchers. Runners can't advance, errors cannot be made, etc etc.

Yea, like I said, it's all situational. But it doesn't matter much if there's no one on. Wo cares if you pop fly to center or strikeout? How many times are Pop flies dropped?

Paniero 07-28-2013 11:00 AM

Today's game (July 28) is the MLB TV free game of the day. Helpful for us out of market folks.

lewdog 07-28-2013 11:03 AM

Make a run sure but why keep Santana??? At least trade him for something that will be around next year and upgrade the hole in our batting lineup. We sure as hell ain't signing him for what he is going to want and since his pitching has been off the charts, we wanna recoup while he is at what is surely his high point....SELL HIGH on Santana!

Cephalic Trauma 07-28-2013 11:11 AM

Utley would look so good in our lineup.

That would be an instant boost and we would contend. Probably won't happen though.

58kcfan89 07-28-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9840451)
Make a run sure but why keep Santana??? At least trade him for something that will be around next year and upgrade the hole in our batting lineup. We sure as hell ain't signing him for what he is going to want and since his pitching has been off the charts, we wanna recoup while he is at what is surely his high point....SELL HIGH on Santana!

But with Hochevar, Chen & Francoeur coming off the books, couldn't we use most/all of that money to make a solid offer to Santana? I guess I just don't get this idea that there's no chance we can re-sign him...

WhawhaWhat 07-28-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 9840470)
But with Hochevar, Chen & Francoeur coming off the books, couldn't we use most/all of that money to make a solid offer to Santana? I guess I just don't get this idea that there's no chance we can re-sign him...

Probably have to commit to around 3 years/$45 mil. You still want to make that offer?

lewdog 07-28-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 9840470)

In what world would the Royals be paying a guy 10+M a year...likely near 13-15M? You can't take the chance that you will be able to resign him IMO. I just don't see that happening in any world from the small market Royals. He won't be looking for a one year deal but rather a multi-year contract which is much too risky for a team like the Royals to lock up that much money in one SP.