ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

keg in kc 12-29-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9250288)
How so? Looks to me like I laid out nothing but the facts, sir.

I think we was referring to "worst OL in college FB" when he mentioned hyperbole.

(Some of us would make the same comment about WVU).

I would also say he didn't look nearly as good this year as he did last year, in the handful of Arkansas games that I watched, but that's just my opinion. I still like him as a prospect.

RunKC 12-29-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9250296)
I think we was referring to "worst OL in college FB" when he mentioned hyperbole.

(Some of us would make the same comment about WVU).

I would also say he didn't look nearly as good this year as he did last year, in the handful of Arkansas games that I watched, but that's just my opinion. I still like him as a prospect.

Geno's OL has actually looked pretty decent at times. He's had room to throw. Maybe because he doesn't play in the SEC. Wilson's is much worse.

Same can be said about Geno's defense as it is far worse than Wilson's. Wilson's is below average, but they have been pretty decent at times as well.

Old Dog 12-29-2012 09:39 PM

RunKC can't possibly be this stupid can he?

Old Dog 12-29-2012 09:42 PM

I'm not one to throw a whole lot of red rep around but I'm damned if Run KC hasn't earned a bit of it.

And I'm not "anti-Wilson" (far from it in fact) but Geno is still the #1 QB prospect at this point.....one game in the snow isn't going to change that

Chiefs Pantalones 12-29-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9250315)
RunKC can't possibly be this stupid can he?

He's not far off. Wilson and Smith will be a photo finish likely by April 25th. I wouldn't mind either of them.

suds79 12-29-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9250329)
He's not far off. Wilson and Smith will be a photo finish likely by April 25th. I wouldn't mind either of them.

This.

I still have Geno #1 for me. Whole body of work.

But Wilson is a very close #2 and I'll be happy with either or.

As for today's game, if you're being honest you have to say it was a subpar game. Having said that, I don't know what QB in this draft class who would have excelled. That was one epic blizzard. The type of game where the team with the better running game & defense was going to win... And it did.

RunKC 12-29-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9250326)
I'm not one to throw a whole lot of red rep around but I'm damned if Run KC hasn't earned a bit of it.

And I'm not "anti-Wilson" (far from it in fact) but Geno is still the #1 QB prospect at this point.....one game in the snow isn't going to change that

I don't think there is a clear #1 QB right now. Wilson and Geno are neck and neck, and Glennon is right there (mainly because of Kiper and his size/arm/offensive system).

Look through the thread and see the extreme homerism. There's a handful of pages saying Geno is just as good of a prospect as RG3. That's some goddamn homerism if I've ever seen it.

Today wasn't the end all be all for Geno, and I'm sorry it came off that way. Today was a great opportunity for him to prove scouts wrong, but he looked horrible.

The fact of the matter is this: if the Chiefs didn't need a QB, this board would not think Geno is as good as they are saying he is right now.

NewChief 12-29-2012 10:00 PM

I'd be curious to see how the Smith vs. Wilson fans correlate to conference "loyalties" of Big 12 vs. SEC (predating recent realignment).

I don't think I could say which is better, but I'm much more familiar with Wilson's body for work, just as I imagine that most Big 12/Midwest fans are much more familiar with Smith's. I think that's hard to separate from the discussion. That being said, I know there are people on here whose love/knowledge of college football transcends conference and aren't as affected by such biases.

Mr. Arrowhead 12-29-2012 10:01 PM

Sorry I have to LMAO when you say Glennon and neck and neck in the same sentence

BigMeatballDave 12-29-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9250363)
I don't think there is a clear #1 QB right now. Wilson and Geno are neck and neck, and Glennon is right there (mainly because of Kiper and his size/arm/offensive system).

Because of Kiper? Do you actually respect what that hack says?

jd1020 12-29-2012 10:03 PM

Kiper... ROFL

Rumors from NFL execs influence his board, not the other way around.

Saccopoo 12-29-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9250363)

That Glennon is "right there" only because Mel Kiper said so isn't a real good indicator of actual talent.

Quote:

Look through the thread and see the extreme homerism. There's a handful of pages saying Geno is just as good of a prospect as RG3. That's some goddamn homerism if I've ever seen it.
Why?

Quote:

Today wasn't the end all be all for Geno, and I'm sorry it came off that way. Today was a great opportunity for him to prove scouts wrong, but he looked horrible.
How did he look "horrible?"

Quote:

The fact of the matter is this: if the Chiefs didn't need a QB, this board would not think Geno is as good as they are saying he is right now.
Bullshit.

If he didn't follow Andrew Luck and have a defense that literally lost three games in the final minute after Geno scored a TD to put them ahead, he'd have won the Heisman and he'd easily be considered front runner for the #1 spot in the draft.

His career numbers are identical to Luck and Griffin despite having less talent around him on both sides of the ball. He's got everything you want in an NFL prospect and has consistently proven this on the field game in and game out.

He's as solid a prospect at the QB position as you will ever find.

RunKC 12-29-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9250367)
Because of Kiper? Do you actually respect what that hack says?

No I don't. I'm just stating the fact that Kiper is pumping him up the media and that is making him more popular. He's been labeled as a first round QB for awhile now.

Saccopoo 12-29-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9250364)
That being said, I know there are people on here whose love/knowledge of college football transcends conference and aren't as affected by such biases.

I live in Utah.

I don't have a dog in this hunt other than the Chiefs getting the best player they can.

As far as I can tell, Smith has as many tools that a prospect needs to be a legitimate NFL signal caller as I've ever seen.

The Chiefs need a QB and Geno is as good a prospect as you'll find.

There is my bias.

NewChief 12-29-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9250392)
I live in Utah.

I don't have a dog in this hunt other than the Chiefs getting the best player they can.

As far as I can tell, Smith has as many tools that a prospect needs to be a legitimate NFL signal caller as I've ever seen.

The Chiefs need a QB and Geno is as good a prospect as you'll find.

There is my bias.

I don't think there's a "dog in the hunt" for people beyond familiarity. For SEC fans, they've been following the Tyler Wilson hype for 3 years, since he came in and had record breaking numbers in relief of an injured Mallett against Auburn in 2010. While it got some national attention, that put him on the radar for those who faced him yearly since then. For Big 12 fans, they've been familiar with Geno since he came to WVU, I'd imagine. For me, he came on the radar this year, because I don't really follow Big 12.

I don't think it's about conference loyalty, I think it's about the familiarity that following certain teams brings with the players you face yearly.

I'd be curious to see which QB a Titans (or some other professional team with a largely SEC fanbase) board is embracing.