ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

The Franchise 04-24-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9621147)
We got dealt a shitty hand and taking the best player is the best method.

So who in your opinion is the best player?

Geno Smith or Dion Jordan.

BigCatDaddy 04-24-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caligula (Post 9621148)
it's old news

chiefs fans only support drafting a QB when we aren't actually in a position to do so...

being in a position to draft a QB, everyone is just 'too risky'

never changes

You seem way to smart to have just joined CP.

ct 04-24-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9621047)
I preferred the trade back option. I know, I know, you have to have a partner, but if you're saying what would make people happy that's what'd make me happy.

I'd love to move down to 6-10 range, get that 2nd back and a 1st next year (minimum.)

And this is likely why we are stuck in the #1 spot. We are likely asking for WAY more than anyone will pay this year. I still believe if they truly want out, the price will be VERY low considering #1 pick involved. And I'd still do it.

Rausch 04-24-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9621147)
We got dealt a shitty hand and taking the best player is the best method.

So if LT is the best guy on the board do we draft it again in the 3rd round?

If SS is the best guy on the board with our next 3rd do we draft him?

It'd be ****ing stupid and you know why...

Rausch 04-24-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 9621154)
And this is likely why we are stuck in the #1 spot. We are likely asking for WAY more than anyone will pay this year. I still believe if they truly want out, the price will be VERY low considering #1 pick involved. And I'd still do it.

Ditto.

In fact I'd do it more than once...

siberian khatru 04-24-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9621131)
Jesus Christ.

Two tackle prospects better than the almighty, surefire top 5 prospects that we're going to choose from tomorrow?

That's like...four Orlando Pace's in 2 seasons!!!

I've been told that the draft this year is incredible for tackles, so we must truly be entering a golden age of LT play.

We're about to use the first overall pick on the 2nd best tackle on his goddamn college squad. I hate this franchise.

And in 2014 we're shifting Joeckel to RT to fill that hole and then drafting his replacement -- WHO'S BETTER! -- at LT.

Chase Daniel will flourish (because Alex Smith was forced to retire from all the concussions he received from shitty line play in 2013).

RunKC 04-24-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9621150)
Geno Smith or Dion Jordan.

Geno Smith isn't even a top 20 player on several people's big boards and we're taking him at 1?

And I love me some Dion Jordan, but taking him means getting rid of Tamba in the near future, so isn't that the same damn thing we're doing now?

Rausch 04-24-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9621162)
And I love me some Dion Jordan, but taking him means getting rid of Tamba in the near future, so isn't that the same damn thing we're doing now?

Yes.

The Franchise 04-24-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9621162)
Geno Smith isn't even a top 20 player on several people's big boards and we're taking him at 1?

I'm not arguing about Geno Smith. You asked my opinion....you got my ****ing opinion.

Dion Jordan doesn't mean that you have to get rid of Tamba in the near future. It gives you another playmaker that you can shift around in different packages. It would be the same thing that we're doing now if we traded Hali before the draft so we had a spot for Jordan.

Just Passin' By 04-24-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9621065)
So, instead of paying Albert some 22 million guaranteed over six years (Duane Brown deal, far high end of the pay spectrum), we should trade him for 54 and spend 1.****ing1 on a LT who probably will not be as good as Albert in pass protection and pay him 22 million guaranteed over five years. Brilliant.

Now you're shading the argument. Brown's deal was an extension for 6 years, $53.4 million, not $22 million. Last year, Luck's entire deal was 4 years, $22.1 million. Brown got underpaid on his deal and let the team put too much into the back end, but he's still going to be making about $34 million through 2016.

ct 04-24-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9621159)
Ditto.

In fact I'd do it more than once...

ditto

if we can talk detroit out of a 2nd to move to #5, do it.
if we can talk arizona out of a 2nd to move to #7, do it.

i especially like each of those spots, as #5 we might be in position for dion jordan to fall right in your lap, or #7 puts you right in front of 2 division rivals looking to one up each other, so we can move down again.

Mother****erJones 04-24-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9621145)
If the Chiefs draft a OL with 1.1 then yes Hunt failed in his hires.

Still way too early to say that, though I think you can get one in round 2 like Kyle Long.

The Franchise 04-24-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9621177)
Still way too early to say that, though I think you can get one in round 2 like Kyle Long.

Or Watson.

Or Armstead.

Or Pugh.

tooge 04-24-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9621091)
Idk. Dorsey looks like the bitch in the relationship.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/22...yumyumandy.gif

Pavlov's dog much Andy? Lickin his chops before it hits the table

Mother****erJones 04-24-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9621184)
Or Watson.

Or Armstead.

Or Pugh.

Ofcourse. I was just throwing a name out there.

Nightfyre 04-24-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9621172)
Now you're shading the argument. Brown's deal was an extension for 6 years, $53.4 million, not $22 million. Last year, Luck's entire deal was 4 years, $22.1 million. Brown got underpaid on his deal and let the team put too much into the back end, but he's still going to be making about $34 million through 2016.

Brown's deal was 22 million guaranteed. That's all that really counts. Rookie contracts are also entirely guaranteed. Which again, is all the money that really counts.

duncan_idaho 04-24-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caligula (Post 9621148)
it's old news

chiefs fans only support drafting a QB when we aren't actually in a position to do so...

being in a position to draft a QB, everyone is just 'too risky'

never changes

he "Why we don't draft QBs in the first" excuse cycle:

Step 1: Acquire another team's backup QB to be your new starter. Point to his potential and ability to be a leader and keep the team in games. Ignore his inability to WIN games.

Step 2: With a high 1st-round pick, insist there is no QB worthy of that high pick and that it is best to wait until later in the draft and get a similar QB at better value.
- 2A: After all worthwhile QBs go off the board between 1st and 2nd round picks, again point to value and draft BPA.
- 2B: Continue 2A until drafting a Ricky Stanzi/Pat Barnes in Round 5 or later

Step 3: Say you will wait until next year to draft a QB in the 1st and develop a franchise guy.

Step 4: Slog to somewhere between 7-10 wins and talk up how "competitive" your season was and how "close" the team is.

Step 5: When next year comes, watch in feigned dismay as all the "good" QBs go off the board before your pick. Sigh, sell "BPA available" and draft for that, saying "We're too close to winning something big to reach on a QB at this pick. Other needs must be addressed. We'll get a similar QB later at a better value."
- Step 5a: Again watch in dismay as no similar QBs are available by the next pick. Again draft BPA.
- Step 5B: Rinse and repeat 5A until eventually arriving at 2B.

Step 6: Talk up previously acquired backup QB, now-starter and how much talent you've added in the draft around him. Reference "weapons" and "chunks."

Step 7: Repeat Steps 5-6 for 2-3 more years, then reset at Step 1.

Rausch 04-24-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 9621173)
ditto

if we can talk detroit out of a 2nd to move to #5, do it.
if we can talk arizona out of a 2nd to move to #7, do it.

i especially like each of those spots, as #5 we might be in position for dion jordan to fall right in your lap, or #7 puts you right in front of 2 division rivals looking to one up each other, so we can move down again.

I'd trade down where the value at G/CB was better. Or hell, we could still go LT at 7 with all the DT and DE/OLB prospects out there...

RunKC 04-24-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9621171)
I'm not arguing about Geno Smith. You asked my opinion....you got my ****ing opinion.

Dion Jordan doesn't mean that you have to get rid of Tamba in the near future. It gives you another playmaker that you can shift around in different packages. It would be the same thing that we're doing now if we traded Hali before the draft so we had a spot for Jordan.

So you're advocating drafting a player 1st overall who isn't a starter?

Chiefs Pantalones 04-24-2013 03:24 PM

Hopefully we take Dion Jordan. We're gonna need more defense, especially with Alex Smith. That's his binky. It sucks though because LT will be a must with Albert being one. I AM IN A PICKLE!

Rausch 04-24-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9621205)
It sucks though because LT will be a must with Albert being one. I AM IN A PICKLE!

It doesn't mean we have to take one in the first...

Just Passin' By 04-24-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9621193)
Brown's deal was 22 million guaranteed. That's all that really counts. Rookie contracts are also entirely guaranteed. Which again, is all the money that really counts.

Bullshit. Money likely to be earned is what counts. Even if Brown gets cut with 2 years left on the deal, he'll have banked the $34 million.

DeezNutz 04-24-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9621211)
Bullshit. Money likely to be earned is what counts.

What the hell are you talking about? Guaranteed money is all that's really a big concern, as everything else can be restructured as needed. Happens all of the time, with players ending up on the losing end more times than not.

RealSNR 04-24-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9621171)

I'm wondering what teams as deep as the Packers, Seahawks, and 49ers do when they draft in the first round.

God, they must have to trade away starters all the time.

Seriously, what's the fascination with shipping off a player as soon as you draft his replacement? What if the replacement sucks ass?

Mother****erJones 04-24-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9621217)
I'm wondering what teams as deep as the Packers, Seahawks, and 49ers do when they draft in the first round.

Seriously, what's the fascination with shipping off a player as soon as you draft his replacement? What if the replacement sucks ass?

Ya it's ****ing stupid man. But Reid has a system and obviously doesn't think Albert can be his LT.

ChiefsCountry 04-24-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9621198)
So you're advocating drafting a player 1st overall who isn't a starter?

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Arg...987_287797.jpg

Just Passin' By 04-24-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9621215)
What the hell are you talking about? Guaranteed money is all that's really a big concern, as everything else can be restructured as needed. Happens all of the time, with players ending up on the losing end more times than not.

The deal isn't for $22 million guaranteed followed by a bunch of non-guaranteed money. The deal's signing bonus is only $12.5 million, and his deal jumps from $7 million in 2016 to $9.65 million in 2017, so the year where he starts to be in contract jeopardy is pretty clearly delineated. Should we consider his deal a true $53.4 million extension? No, but it's not a $22 million dollar deal, either.

Rausch 04-24-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9621217)

That's why it makes sense to have 1.1 play RT (a huge team need) for a year. He gets experience, coaching, and we've filled a need while adding talent.

And if the unexpected happens and 1.1 is a huge bust we still could pay Albert...

DeezNutz 04-24-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9621224)
The deal isn't for $22 million guaranteed followed by a bunch of non-guaranteed money. The deal's signing bonus is only $12.5 million, and his deal jumps from $7 million in 2016 to $9.65 million in 2017, so the year where he starts to be in contract jeopardy is pretty clearly delineated. Should we consider his deal a true $53.4 million extension? No, but it's not a $22 million dollar deal, either.

Let's say that Albert signs the exact same deal, anticipating $34M through the next 4 years, with $12.5M guaranteed.

Why in the world should the contract be a concern for fans or cause organizations to shy away from the deal?

Injury concerns are the only legit worry, and this is true for any player.

007 04-24-2013 03:37 PM

SSDD

RunKC 04-24-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9621228)
That's why it makes sense to have 1.1 play RT (a huge team need) for a year. He gets experience, coaching, and we've filled a need while adding talent.

And if the unexpected happens and 1.1 is a huge bust we still could pay Albert...

Wouldn't be opposed to that. But what if Albert has a considerably worse year statistically than last year? What if his back problems continue?

Mother****erJones 04-24-2013 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Setsuna
If the Chiefs draft a OL with 1.1 then yes Hunt failed in his hires.

That's not on him. He's hired the best possible people again. Let them do their thing. 2010 LaConfora said Okung would be the pick and it was Berry. Who knows. But I do think it's OT because of the Albert situation.

siberian khatru 04-24-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9621196)
he "Why we don't draft QBs in the first" excuse cycle:

Step 1: Acquire another team's backup QB to be your new starter. Point to his potential and ability to be a leader and keep the team in games. Ignore his inability to WIN games.

Step 2: With a high 1st-round pick, insist there is no QB worthy of that high pick and that it is best to wait until later in the draft and get a similar QB at better value.
- 2A: After all worthwhile QBs go off the board between 1st and 2nd round picks, again point to value and draft BPA.
- 2B: Continue 2A until drafting a Ricky Stanzi/Pat Barnes in Round 5 or later

Step 3: Say you will wait until next year to draft a QB in the 1st and develop a franchise guy.

Step 4: Slog to somewhere between 7-10 wins and talk up how "competitive" your season was and how "close" the team is.

Step 5: When next year comes, watch in feigned dismay as all the "good" QBs go off the board before your pick. Sigh, sell "BPA available" and draft for that, saying "We're too close to winning something big to reach on a QB at this pick. Other needs must be addressed. We'll get a similar QB later at a better value."
- Step 5a: Again watch in dismay as no similar QBs are available by the next pick. Again draft BPA.
- Step 5B: Rinse and repeat 5A until eventually arriving at 2B.

Step 6: Talk up previously acquired backup QB, now-starter and how much talent you've added in the draft around him. Reference "weapons" and "chunks."

Step 7: Repeat Steps 5-6 for 2-3 more years, then reset at Step 1.

I'm going to kill myself.

keg in kc 04-24-2013 03:42 PM

If Miami gets Albert to agree to a lower contract number, then drafting a tackle at 1.1 becomes even stupider on our part. We'll have traded away an affordable known quantity in order to overdraft a middling tackle prospect (whichever one it is).

Hammock Parties 04-24-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9621228)

Um, negative.

You never, ever, ever in a million years spend 1.1 on a right tackle.

Period.

You can find a damn good right tackle in the fifth ****ing round.

And besides, we'll be fine with Schwartz at RT.

duncan_idaho 04-24-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9621241)
I'm going to kill myself.

I left Step 8 out on purpose. This is a family board.

DeezNutz 04-24-2013 03:45 PM

Ironically, if ***** had implemented SackofShit's draft suggestions from '10-present, that fat NE piece of shit would still be the highest-paid GM in football, and his daily activities could consist of browsing the draft forum and refreshing the girly thread.

Marcellus 04-24-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9621231)
Let's say that Albert signs the exact same deal, anticipating $34M through the next 4 years, with $12.5M guaranteed.

Why in the world should the contract be a concern for fans or cause organizations to shy away from the deal?

I am guessing for the same reasons Miami and Albert are having a hard time coming to an agreement on $.

DeezNutz 04-24-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9621251)
I am guessing for the same reasons Miami and Albert are having a hard time coming to an agreement on $.

Of course organizations need to be financially prudent, but let's not act like that's an overwhelming contract.

If Albert's back is OK, the deal is an absolute no-brainer.

Just Passin' By 04-24-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9621231)

But we don't know what he's asking. We're flying blind on that end, just as we don't know if Reid wants him at all.

Hammock Parties 04-24-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9621259)
But we don't know what he's asking. We're flying blind on that end, just as we don't know if Reid wants him at all.

People said the same shit about Dwayne Bowe last year.

The people saying it now about Albert are just as dumb.

Just Passin' By 04-24-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9621263)

Sit down and shut up. The adults are talking. If you don't know the numbers and years, you don't know if the deal is a good one or not.

Mother****erJones 04-24-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9621263)

Agreed. Didn't Ed Werder say he wants 4 yrs 38 million?

Rausch 04-24-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9621244)
Um, negative.

You never, ever, ever in a million years spend 1.1 on a right tackle.

Period.

You can find a damn good right tackle in the fifth ****ing round.

He isn't a RT - he's playing it for one year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9621244)
And besides, we'll be fine with Schwartz at RT.

You're actually ok with that idea?...

RunKC 04-24-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9621265)
Agreed. Didn't Ed Werder say he wants 4 yrs 38 million?

If this is true than hell no. That's 9.5 a ****ing year. That's what you pay elite tackles and Albert is not elite.

Hammock Parties 04-24-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9621278)
If this is true than hell no. That's 9.5 a ****ing year. That's what you pay elite tackles and Albert is not elite.

:LOL:

You wouldn't care if he was paid that much and played like he did last year.

0 ****s given on your part if it came to pass.

The only time fans ever care about how much a player is paid is when that player sucks.

Hammock Parties 04-24-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9621276)

You're actually ok with that idea?...

Yes. Schwartz has played well at RT before.

DeezNutz 04-24-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9621259)

True, but we have to assume that it's within some semblance of reason. Albert is a smart guy, and has a track record of not being an unreasonable asshole.

Mother****erJones 04-24-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Gota see the breakdown of the contract before jumping to conclusions.

Mother****erJones 04-24-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9621282)
Yes. Schwartz has played well at RT before.

He's played best at OG hasn't he?

Rausch 04-24-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9621280)

The only time fans ever care about how much a player is paid is when that player sucks.

Money can always be moved around later. You can restructure deals.

Paying too much can be fixed.

You waste a draft pick it's gone. Over. That's hard to fix...

RunKC 04-24-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Will he be a brokedick like last year too?

The Bad Guy 04-24-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9621177)

No kidding.

What an absurd statement. Possibly the worst comment in this entire thread.

DTLB58 04-24-2013 04:04 PM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

No. 42 vs. 54 RT @NFL_ATL: From @wyche89: Chiefs GM Dorsey says they expect Albert talks to continue. Still working on trade compensation

Also said when Steve Wyche talked to Dorsey and Reid just a few minutes ago they pointed out they did like the tenacity and athleticism of Fisher.

Steve Wyche ‏@wyche89 1m

Chiefs GM Dorsey: trade compensation is the holdup in Albert trade w/Miami. Talks will continue into the night. Time is an issue

The Franchise 04-24-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9621296)
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

No. 42 vs. 54 RT @NFL_ATL: From @wyche89: Chiefs GM Dorsey says they expect Albert talks to continue. Still working on trade compensation

Thanks for that awesome update Ian. :facepalm:

Rausch 04-24-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9621288)
He's played best at OG hasn't he?

Yes.

ChiefsCountry 04-24-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9621289)
Money can always be moved around later. You can restructure deals.

Paying too much can be fixed.

You waste a draft pick it's gone. Over. That's hard to fix...

Yep, teams have lawyers and accountants and geeks to figure out the salary cap, it really doesn't matter. They are good at rigging contracts anymore and moving money around.

RealSNR 04-24-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Fans always take the team's side in these negotiations.

Tony Gonzalez was a greedy bitch. Apparently so was Priest Holmes.

Dwayne Bowe, too. We didn't know WHAT he wanted, yet it was speculated and people just assumed that Bowe wanted Megatron money. HE was the selfish one, and not Pioli the ****ing dick-brained cheapskate.

Same as it's always been.

Mother****erJones 04-24-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9621292)
No kidding.

What an absurd statement. Possibly the worst comment in this entire thread.

I can't believe people are flying off the hand when we haven't had the draft yet! Sheesh.

The Franchise 04-24-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

You're acting like the entire ****ing contract would be guaranteed.

RunKC 04-24-2013 04:09 PM

From Mike Mayock.

“Branden Albert’s a good, solid NFL left tackle. From my perspective, he’s asking for an awful lot of money for a long term deal. The NFL’s all about kind of churning veterans, and trying to bring rookies in who can do the same thing for less money. When I talk about Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson, I’m talking about three tackels I think can be Joe Thomas type players in one draft. So whichever one (the Chiefs) take, I think he’s going to be a premier left tackle at an All-Pro level. So I think he’s going to be a better football player than Branden Albert.”

Read more here: http://mellinger.kansascity.com/entr...#storylink=cpy

Yeah sure sounds like these OT's are terrible prospects. LMAO

The Franchise 04-24-2013 04:10 PM

Wow Mayock.....3 Joe Thomas LTs in 1 draft?

The Franchise 04-24-2013 04:10 PM

Maybe Mayock can point out to me which DE is going to be most like Robert Ayers.

Rausch 04-24-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9621309)

Hype much?...

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-24-2013 04:11 PM

Steve Wyche ‏@wyche89 4m

Chiefs GM Dorsey: trade compensation is the holdup in Albert trade w/Miami. Talks will continue into the night. Time is an issue.

Tribal Warfare 04-24-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9621309)

Does that also mean 3 Tony Munoz' too or Jon Ogden's

The Franchise 04-24-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9621314)
Steve Wyche ‏@wyche89 4m

Chiefs GM Dorsey: trade compensation is the holdup in Albert trade w/Miami. Talks will continue into the night. Time is an issue.

One guy says that money is the holdup. One says that compensation is the holdup. Neither guy knows jack shit.

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-24-2013 04:12 PM

Steve Wyche ‏@wyche89 19s

Chiefs not pressed to trade Albert. Said they'd be fine with him on team. Albert doesn't want to move to RT. No idea if he'd be moved.

Mother****erJones 04-24-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9621305)
You're acting like the entire ****ing contract would be guaranteed.

He must be forgetting roster and workout bonuses.

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-24-2013 04:12 PM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19s

Dorsey loves the player RT @wyche89: Chiefs not pressed to trade Albert. Said they'd be fine with him. Albert doesn't want to move to RT

DJ's left nut 04-24-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9621307)
From Mike Mayock.

“Branden Albert’s a good, solid NFL left tackle. From my perspective, he’s asking for an awful lot of money for a long term deal. The NFL’s all about kind of churning veterans, and trying to bring rookies in who can do the same thing for less money. When I talk about Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson, I’m talking about three tackels I think can be Joe Thomas type players in one draft. So whichever one (the Chiefs) take, I think he’s going to be a premier left tackle at an All-Pro level. So I think he’s going to be a better football player than Branden Albert.”

And two guys coming out next year that are universally regarded as better prospects than those 3.

So now we're talking five Joe Thomas's in 2 years, eh?

Or perhaps this is the same breathless hyperventilating we get every year over ordinary prospects...

I'm going to say that's quite a bit more likely than the NFL suddenly having 10 HOF caliber LTs bouncing around.

RealSNR 04-24-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9621307)
From Mike Mayock.

Nobody ever said they were terrible.

They're not special. Good, but unspectacular.

If all Reid/Dorsey cares about is not getting a pick wrong, then we may as well pass the hat around right now for some airplane banner money.

RunKC 04-24-2013 04:13 PM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 26s
Dorsey loves the player RT @wyche89: Chiefs not pressed to trade Albert. Said they'd be fine with him. Albert doesn't want to move to RT

Interesting.

Mother****erJones 04-24-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9621316)
One guy says that money is the holdup. One says that compensation is the holdup. Neither guy knows jack shit.

It's a game of chicken I'm guessing.

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-24-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9621323)
Nobody ever said they were terrible.

They're not special. Good, but unspectacular.

If all Reid/Dorsey cares about is not getting a pick wrong, then we may as well pass the hat around right now for some airplane banner money.

Geno not special.

keg in kc 04-24-2013 04:13 PM

As the salary cap increases due to the new tv deals and teams (like us in particular) overpay vets to reach the floor, Albert's deal will be a bargain in retrospect. And we're talking about a contract in the 30s. This is not a 'big' contract in any true essence of the word.

Rausch 04-24-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9621321)
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19s

Watch us **** this up and lose Albert as well as only getting a 3rd or 2nd next year.

No Albert and no 2nd rounder!:cuss:

The Franchise 04-24-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9621328)
As the salary cap increases due to the new tv deals and teams (like us in particular) overpay vets to reach the floor, Albert's deal will be a bargain in retrospect. And we're talking about a contract in the 30s. This is not a 'big' contract in any true essence of the word.

Exactly. I could understand if the dude was asking for $50+ million in a contract. He's ****ing not.

Mother****erJones 04-24-2013 04:14 PM

We can hold Albert and watch MIA panic when we take an OT, JAX takes an OT and Johnson goes top 5. Then Ireland panics and gives up 12...I'm dreaming but that'd be funny.

Mother****erJones 04-24-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9621327)
Geno not special.

Honestly, you don't know that for sure.