ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet How can we improve Chiefs discussion around here? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293965)

KC native 08-18-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11667826)
If more people used ignore and stopped whining, the ignore feature would work better for all.

That's user error, not an intrinsic problem with ignore.

Not a terrible idea.

It's really ****ing simple. If you don't want to deal with "trolls and trolling" (some of you guys are ridiculously sensitive about this shit) then ****ing ignore them.

pr_capone 08-18-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 11667828)
Why is it doing this now?

It is a word filter put in place by AC at Clay's request.

ChiTown 08-18-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11667826)
If more people used ignore and stopped whining, the ignore feature would work better for all.

That's user error, not an intrinsic problem with ignore.

No, that's reality. A car wrecks on the highway, people tend to look. Clay posts in a thread, people tend to look and respond. Good luck trying to control that

J Diddy 08-18-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11667821)
Terrible idea

Please explain why.

J Diddy 08-18-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 11667837)

Which is kind of funny seeing as how the only reason it's known on cp is because of W. putting his articles up.

Swanman 08-18-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 11667814)
Ignore helps you ignore the poster, but it doesn't help with the thread being devolved into a lump of shit - which is why ignore is worthless.

Ignore is a classic case of treating the symptom instead of the disease. I don't think thread banning power would be abused as much as people think. People that would abuse that power would be the ones creating shit threads anyway so they can do what they like.

Chief Roundup 08-18-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 11667837)

Did one of the computer/internet aces around here find a way to do something to him?

ChiTown 08-18-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 11667843)
Ignore is a classic case of treating the symptom instead of the disease. I don't think thread banning power would be abused as much as people think. People that would abuse that power would be the ones creating shit threads anyway so they can do what they like.

Amen!

pr_capone 08-18-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 11667844)
Did one of the computer/internet aces around here find a way to do something to him?

No... people found his name and started using it on the board (myself included). The word filter was put in place to edit everyone's use of his name in one fell shot.

Pablo 08-18-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11667836)
Not a terrible idea.

It's really ****ing simple. If you don't want to deal with "trolls and trolling" (some of you guys are ridiculously sensitive about this shit) then ****ing ignore them.

It's pretty simple to ignore a poster altogether. There are dozens of posters I never read anymore. I just scroll past their names/avatar and look for the opinion of someone I think isn't a moron. If the discussion seems to be worth reading then I may go back and read the moron's thoughts. But probably not.

I don't have anyone on ignore. That works for some people though. If you can't handle a certain poster, then put them on ignore. It's worked for many, many other posters on this board.

Chief Roundup 08-18-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 11667842)
Which is kind of funny seeing as how the only reason it's known on cp is because of W. putting his articles up.

Let us not forget that he was a child with issues when he first came here. He was dumb and didn't know any better than to put too much info out there at times as well.

KC native 08-18-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 11667839)
Please explain why.

bc I will only hurt you.

Chief Roundup 08-18-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 11667857)
No... people found his name and started using it on the board (myself included). The word filter was put in place to edit everyone's use of his name in one fell shot.

Hmmm......You mean like others that want to be part of the media try to get there name out there. That doesn't sound accurate at all.

Ming the Merciless 08-18-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 11667843)

If more people ignored the trolls they would get no reaction and leave.

It absolutely does treat the disease....

threebag 08-18-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 11667804)
You're not possibly taking about Clay are you?

That dog's been put outside, put out permanently, whipped with a newspaper, rubbed his nose in it and kicked a few times. This is a prime example of an old dog not learning new tricks.

This. He "drives traffic" away.