ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey: There is no definite first round QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270104)

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-17-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9409816)
We're allowed to have opinions, even if we're not actual professional football minds. And lest we forget, professional football minds are exactly what have given us classics like Tyson Jackson, and Jake Long being selected ahead of Matt Ryan. Being a professional football mind does not make one infallible.

Cherry picking my post is cool. Pioli had 4 years. I actually said if Reid/Dorsey don't solve the QB position in 2 or 3 then "fire away." I won't hold it against them if they don't go QB #1. Benefit of the doubt. I mentioned that too.

DaneMcCloud 02-17-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9409824)
I'm telling you, you put Cam on that team and its a different story. He's just not a winner at this level. No brains at all. Hell of a talent, but it's all going to go to waste. Watch

I've watched him take two poorly coached teams with shit talent to 7-9, while setting rookie passing record and dealing with dumb****s.

The dude is sick.

Rugby Thompson 02-17-2013 01:51 AM

All you guys need to hop off Geno's cock too, he never won jack in College.

DaneMcCloud 02-17-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9409823)
That's flat out ridiculous.

So, you believe that Kap is more talented?

NJChiefsFan 02-17-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9409812)
Honestly I think way too many people here are married to Geno/QB #1 or bust. If the Royals changed leadership they'd get my full approval and a good chance to prove themselves right or wrong over a couple years. No shit.

I get that football is a different game because of the immediacy rookies can make an impact. I'm still of the mind that if Reid/Dorsey don't take a QB in round 1 it's because they truly don't feel one is worthy, they'll find one elsewhere and they'll get it fixed.... and mind you I don't even like the Reid hiring. I seriously doubt he'll be any better than anyone here before him.

But for now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt along with Dorsey. Whatever they choose is ok with me. They know better than any of us do. If in a couple/three years we're still in the same position... then fire away.

I understand what you are saying. But at some point there is a line. If this group went with Cassel and no other changes I would be at the breaking point. Now that isn't going to happen but my point is there is a line where the benefit of the doubt can be severed early.

The QB spot needs to be fixed. There is no way around that. So being on a QB or bust train isn't that crazy. Needing one in the first comes more out of wanting to the best guy around instead of risking losing them. There are extreme points of view, but I think its been over-blown on how many people are actually taking that stand. A lot of things are creating emotions right now, warping people's points and others interpretations of them.

As for baseball, as you mentioned it's a different game. Can't really compare the QB spot, especially in today's game, to a position in baseball. Pitcher would be the closest, but even then it's a 1 every 5 day piece of control. Imagine if a SP pitched every game. The new Royals management come in and go with Chien-Ming Wang as your guy. No concerns? No concerns that you would voice on a message board?

BossChief 02-17-2013 01:53 AM

Cam can't learn a play book, Dane. They can only run 25% of the play book because the dude is dumb as ****.

That's not the coaches fault.

HolyHat 02-17-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9409833)

More talented than Cam? Hell yes.

BossChief 02-17-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9409833)

Physically, it's close...mentally, CK CLOWNS Cam...it's not even comparable.

He doesn't raise the level of play of those around him because of his attitude.

He has entitlement issues, treats teammates like second class citizens, trats everyone else like he is above everything and is a mental midget.

I'd trade our first for Kaepernick before I'd trade our second for Cam.

HolyHat 02-17-2013 01:56 AM

From the class of '11 it goes
1. Kap
2. Dalton
3. Cam

Cam could easily be #1 if he had half of a brain. He could be one of the sickest QBs of all time. He's just an idiot and is a terrible leader.

DaneMcCloud 02-17-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9409835)
Cam can't learn a play book, Dane. They can only run 25% of the play book because the dude is dumb as ****.

That's not the coaches fault.

Bull ****ing shit.

If you fail to believe that Jim Harbaugh wouldn't have had the 2011 49ers in the Super Bowl with Cam Newton at the helm, that's just plain ****ing stupid.

This from a guy that thought Ricky Stanzi was a second round pick.

No offense but I can no longer take your evaluations seriously.

BossChief 02-17-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9409839)
Bull ****ing shit.

If you fail to believe that Jim Harbaugh wouldn't have had the 2011 49ers in the Super Bowl with Cam Newton at the helm, that's just plain ****ing stupid.

I love how every time you disagree with me, you bring up stuff from 2010.

You really want to go into player evaluations with me tonight?

HolyHat 02-17-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9409839)
Bull ****ing shit.

This is a very interesting topic that I don't believe we've talked about here...I might be wrong. I'll search it. But debating Cam Newton is a pretty good topic.

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-17-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9409834)
I understand what you are saying. But at some point there is a line. If this group went with Cassel and no other changes I would be at the breaking point. Now that isn't going to happen but my point is there is a line where the benefit of the doubt can be severed early.

The QB spot needs to be fixed. There is no way around that. So being on a QB or bust train isn't that crazy. Needing one in the first comes more out of wanting to the best guy around instead of risking losing them. There are extreme points of view, but I think its been over-blown on how many people are actually taking that stand. A lot of things are creating emotions right now, warping people's points and others interpretations of them.

As for baseball, as you mentioned it's a different game. Can't really compare the QB spot, especially in today's game, to a position in baseball. Pitcher would be the closest, but even then it's a 1 every 5 day piece of control. Imagine if a SP pitched every game. The new Royals management come in and go with Chien-Ming Wang as your guy. No concerns? No concerns that you would voice on a message board?

As the Royals starting pitching goes I was on record as having serious doubts last season... although I thought the team as a whole would be better.

Yes... I agree QB has to be fixed. No disagreement there at all. What I'm saying is if Reid/Dorsey don't see that fix at #1 I respect that. Neither does anyone else outside of CP it seems. If we don't draft QB #1 it isn't the end of the world. Blasphemy to many.

They have the benefit of the doubt with me as I said. I also said I doubt Reid is any better than his predecessors. But for now... with a change of scenery and new motivation I'll trust him.

BossChief 02-17-2013 02:03 AM

Here's just a taste, since you decided to take us down this road...

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
Once again, you're moving the goalposts.

Please explain to us how and why Clark Hunt would fire Scott ***** after the 2012 season, even IF the Chiefs were to end the season with a losing record.

Personally, I'm not buying it. He continues to add young talent to this team each offseason. He's drafted "bargains" like Asamoah, Moeaki, Lewis and Houston while hitting on higher draft choices like Berry, Hudson, Allen and possibly, Bailey. The team has a brighter future, personnel wise, than they have in decades.

To categorically state that ***** will be fired following the 2012 season, especially with $5 million remaining on his contract, is a Fool's notion.

DaneMcCloud 02-17-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9409841)
I love how every time you disagree with me, you bring up stuff from 2010.

You really want to go into player evaluations with me tonight?

That was 2010? Hey man, I guess I just have a good memory.

Just don't tell my wife.