ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV True Blood (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192557)

Omaha 08-17-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6938507)
Speaking of gay, if they had done this season exactly the same but without the Lafayette gay relationship, I would have been happier. Even though I have nothing against gay people, I don't really like watching shit like that on TV.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. It's not the 2 guys that bother me. It's the fact that they're boring. Lafayette was hilarious before this guy came along. I hope this is leading to something interesting.

LaChapelle 08-22-2010 10:04 PM

Is she going to turn panther mid screw
that's hot

allen_kcCard 08-23-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 6939420)
Yeah, I know what you're saying. It's not the 2 guys that bother me. It's the fact that they're boring. Lafayette was hilarious before this guy came along. I hope this is leading to something interesting.

To me, it looked like Jesus was that freaky faced thing (a bone through his nose and sharp teeth and all) in the teasers for next week. I guess that V tripping that he and LaFayette did where they saw his grandfather was a lead in to Jesus being some sort of evil plot line for LaFayette to deal with.

Crazy that LaFayette was supposed to die in the first season, but they extended him instead because he was a fan favorite, and now they are creating entire plot lones for him and conjuring up some crap for him to have some sort of "power".

I haven't read the books myself, but a friend that has said last night that there was some stuff that was supposed to happen with Jason and the panthers that hasn't yet also.

keg in kc 08-23-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 6939420)

The two guys bother me. I don't have any problem with homosexuality in the sense that I believe consenting adults should be able to do whatever they want to do together, but I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in watching dudes make out. When they really get into it, it turns into a fast forward moment for me.

As far as I can tell, that plotline, and the way they depicted of the teasing by Eric of the king's paramour, was more for shock value, although Eric's at least made some sense plot-wise. It's like "you've gotten lots of tits before, so now we're going to give you some in-your-face man-on-man action, and you're gonna like it!"

keg in kc 08-23-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 6950062)
I haven't read the books myself, but a friend that has said last night that there was some stuff that was supposed to happen with Jason and the panthers that hasn't yet also.

I haven't watched last night's yet, but a lot happens with Jason and the panthers in the books. I'm really interested to see how it goes and how people react to it.

LaChapelle 08-23-2010 11:02 AM

Panther girl and Sam's brother seems to be a match made in heaven -when they meet
Lafayette's suggested power must be voodoo/witchcraft
which brings in the Wican waitress somewhat

allen_kcCard 08-23-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChapelle (Post 6950390)
Panther girl and Sam's brother seems to be a match made in heaven -when they meet
Lafayette's suggested power must be voodoo/witchcraft
which brings in the Wican waitress somewhat

Wasn't it Jesus' grandpa that was doing the voodoo? I assumed because he was white, but it was confusing with them trading speaking voices back and forth like they were.

Buck 08-23-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 6950636)
Wasn't it Jesus' grandpa that was doing the voodoo? I assumed because he was white, but it was confusing with them trading speaking voices back and forth like they were.

Yes

Omaha 08-23-2010 02:51 PM

I thought it was hilarious when Hoyt punched Sam's little brother. One of the greatest fight scenes ever, IMO.

Buck 08-23-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 6950775)
I thought it was hilarious when Hoyt punched Sam's little brother. One of the greatest fight scenes ever, IMO.

Yeah, I didn't expect that out of Hoyt.

LaChapelle 08-23-2010 05:04 PM

Tara took her mother to the voodoo bitch in the swamp
so I'm thinking it's a family thing
I wonder if the mothers are sisters -they both crazy

btlook1 08-24-2010 02:26 AM

True blood just get's better and better. I'm going to be sorry when this season is over, it's been excellent the last 3-4 weeks after starting out a little slow.

LaChapelle 08-24-2010 11:19 AM

Sookie being a fairy is a let down
I was expecting something more exotic
unless they think fairy means lesbo and that line of thinking would have went on anyway

vailpass 08-24-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChapelle (Post 6952250)
Sookie being a fairy is a let down
I was expecting something more exotic
unless they think fairy means lesbo and that line of thinking would have went on anyway

Some of the fay are pretty bad ass, some of them are just plain hippies.

So since Sookie's nephew can read minds too does that make him a faerie?

BWillie 08-24-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 6950775)

Haha yeah. It was like he was brushing off a gnat from his shoulder. Hilarious.