ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official Royals Repository, Part 3 *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293414)

DeezNutz 07-21-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11610465)
Rangers have made Gallardo available.

How did that work out for the A's last year???

Sure-Oz 07-21-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 11610479)
How did that work out for the A's last year???

I personally think Latos would be a solid guy to go for...cueto injury concern is scary. Still probably have to make a push.

Prison Bitch 07-21-2015 07:32 PM

It's an interesting dichotomy we have here on this board: everyone simultaneously points to Bumgarner as proof you need an "ace", but turn right around and warn about how "ace" Lester failed.

duncan_idaho 07-21-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11610474)
I'm not in tune with baseball as much of the fans (barring at least two exceptions) are here on this forum, but I can't believe Moore and Yost were really counting on Medlen being a SP at this stage in the season.

The idea *had to have been* was long relief to close out the year and then roll with him next season in the rotation.

That was absolutely the plan. It's changed a little bit due to the problems with the rotation.

Rams Fan 07-21-2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 11610436)
Oh, so you're saying that we shouldn't trade Cain for a starting pitcher? Because that's about the ****ing level of ****ing stupidity that Oakland demonstrated last year.

I'm going to lose my shit if someone brings up an Oakland comparison again because it doesn't apply.

They also acquired Samardzija as well as Hammels from the Cubs for Russell, a AAAA guy and a player who was picked in the 1st in 2013.

It's one thing to go all out on Price or Kazmir; it's another to go all out on Price AND Kazmir. Price would probably cost at least as much as Lester, if not more, due to being in the division and Kazmir is a free agent at the end of the year. Both of which would ****ing cost a premium.

So, who do the Royals give up for Price? And for Kazmir without going full reerun?

DeezNutz 07-21-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 11610557)
They also acquired Samardzija as well as Hammels from the Cubs for Russell, a AAAA guy and a player who was picked in the 1st in 2013.

It's one thing to go all out on Price or Kazmir; it's another to go all out on Price AND Kazmir. Price would probably cost at least as much as Lester, if not more, due to being in the division and Kazmir is a free agent at the end of the year. Both of which would ****ing cost a premium.

So, who do the Royals give up for Price? And for Kazmir without going full reerun?

What the hell are you saying, man?

You are aware of why the A's trade was flawed and a completely irrelevant comparison to what the Royals are trying to do? Yes, they traded for a pitcher. What they gave up is not comparable to what the Royals would sacrifice.

Rams Fan 07-21-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 11610568)
What the hell are you saying, man?

You are aware of why the A's trade was flawed and a completely irrelevant comparison to what the Royals are trying to do? Yes, they traded for a pitcher. What they gave up is not comparable to what the Royals would sacrifice.

I responded to a post saying the Royals should trade for Kazmir and Price. My point is that I think trading for both is foolish. Trading for one of those 2, IMO, isn't foolish while trading for both is. I used the A's as an example because they had the best record in baseball at the time of the Lester trade(comparable to the Royals having the best record in the AL currently) after having done the trade with the Cubs.

Hootie 07-21-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 11610615)
I responded to a post saying the Royals should trade for Kazmir and Price. My point is that I think trading for both is foolish. Trading for one of those 2, IMO, isn't foolish while trading for both is. I used the A's as an example because they had the best record in baseball at the time of the Lester trade(comparable to the Royals having the best record in the AL currently) after having done the trade with the Cubs.

The reason the A's fell off the map is because Donaldson and Moss fell completely off the map on the 2nd half. Moss was about the worst hitting regular in baseball (mostly due to injury). They stopped scoring runs.

Coach 07-21-2015 08:05 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don&#39;t forget his 3 RBIs and that he now is hitting .400 <a href="https://t.co/V5SZC85WcH">https://t.co/V5SZC85WcH</a></p>&mdash; Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) <a href="https://twitter.com/FlannyMLB/status/623674803170377728">July 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-21-2015 08:28 PM

Balbino is 3-3 with 4 RBi's tonight, now.

Batting .411 since the promotion.

BWillie 07-21-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 11610706)
Balbino is 3-3 with 4 RBi's tonight, now.

Batting .411 since the promotion.

He finished the nightcap going 6 for 7 with 4 RBIs.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-21-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11610821)
He finished the nightcap going 6 for 7 with 4 RBIs.

wtf is wrong with him? couldn't get that seventh hit? LMAO

C3HIEF3S 07-21-2015 09:16 PM

Taking 2/3 from the Pirates would be awesome. Good news is we have a definite pitching advantage tomorrow night with Volquez going.

big nasty kcnut 07-21-2015 09:17 PM

man close game as hard as me holding a dump to see the royals score!

C3HIEF3S 07-21-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 11611018)
man close game as hard as me holding a dump to see the royals score!

ROFL