ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Did Tony Stewart Kill Someone Tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285597)

Chiefshrink 08-11-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10809936)
My take is that Tony Stewart probably had trouble seeing the guy before it was too late and hit him by accident. I really find it hard to believe that Stewart "wanted" to hit/kill this kid. Kid was stupid to get out of his car and try and act like a badass.

Nah, Tony was sending a message to the kid, "Quit your whining boy ! Welcome to the big leagues" !!

I agree he didn't want to hit the kid but his fish tail antic accidentally got out of control when all he wanted to do was just spray dirt on him sending the message.

Tony will probably come out and say he didn't see the kid until the last second and then fish tailed to avoid him(which holds no water because why fish tail into him if you are trying to avoid him knowing the kid is on your right side?) when that doesn't coincide with the video and eye witness accounts:rolleyes:

KC native 08-11-2014 09:04 AM

This thread has been unintentionally hilarious.

I love the takes from people who don't know shit about racing or cars.

There is no way Tony gets in trouble for this. I don't think he did it on purpose either or tried to scare the kid.

WhawhaWhat 08-11-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10810137)

There is no way Tony gets in trouble for this. I don't think he did it on purpose either or tried to scare the kid.

This guy knows about cars everybody so consider the issue settled.

BigCatDaddy 08-11-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I don't know shit about it either so that's why I just deferred to the guys FB post that was there, had driven that type of car before, and worked on the car that about hit the guy first and heard that drivers account.

Radar Chief 08-11-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10809865)
Not on dirt dude. Most dirt tracks average 30-35mph, sometimes less, under caution. Most tracks are too small for cars to reach much more than highway speed even under green.

After a friend and his family bought a race track I set up a giant display with a radar to show the speeds of the cars as they ran down the front straight. The A modified guys were the most heart-broken to find out that the 100 MPH they thought they were doing was actually around 80-ish MPH.

SAUTO 08-11-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 10810125)
Watch the deadspin video again pay particular attention to the volume of motor revving that goes down by the majority of cars(a la yellow flag) in volume as the kid 'initially' gets out of his car. Then watch as the kid briefly disappears from the screen shot going after Tony, then a blue car goes by, then suddenly the kid and Tony come back into the screen shot as Tony revs his engine fish tailing hitting him and then dragging him.

Bottom line: Both were being tools. One loses his life. And the other will lose $$ and get parole at the worst. Sad situation.

do you even know what parole is?

ptlyon 08-11-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10810174)

ROFL

BigCatDaddy 08-11-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10810174)

LMAO Yeah, I caught that to but let it slide.

Bugeater 08-11-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10809882)
Wow man. I'm done here. I've got no time for people who freak out when approached with an opinion that isn't in line with theirs. I apologize for chiming in on a public forum with my assessment of a situation that no one, other than Tony Stewart, can truly judge as fact. I'll leave the commentary up to the experts like yourself. You clearly have a degree in something far beyond my comprehension. Carry on.

WTF?? You're the one stating your opinions as if they are facts, not me. Perhaps you need to go re-read what you have posted.

Bugeater 08-11-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10810132)
Heh. It was Tony Stewart the one and only.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, Tony Stewart is the only driver to ever throw a helmet at another driver. LMAO

Every time you post on this subject you show your ignorance on it.

Dinny Bossa Nova 08-11-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10810138)
This guy knows about cars everybody so consider the issue settled.

From what little I've seen of him, there seems to be only one thing he don't know. He don't know of even one little thing that he don't know everything about.

I can't wait until he sees the homer vs hater wars. I'm sure he knows a way to get all of them to clearly see the light.

Dinny

TribalElder 08-11-2014 11:53 AM

Thump Thump

-- regards

Tony

Beef Supreme 08-11-2014 12:11 PM

Tony Stewart is really killing the competition this year.

Fairplay 08-11-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Now you proclaim yourself an expert on racing eh?

In58men 08-11-2014 12:19 PM

I'm not saying I'm an expert, but revving your vehicle 1 ft away from a guy on a dirt track coming out of a turn throws up a red flag. Why hit the throttle? Doesn't make any ****ing sense unless he was trying to scare him or throw a little dirt on him.