ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Marcus Peters traded to Rams (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314072)

oaklandhater 02-23-2018 02:50 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Rams added Marcus Peters via trade. He has been the NFL&#39;s biggest ballhawk since 2015! <a href="https://t.co/Ng8p2dBmZG">pic.twitter.com/Ng8p2dBmZG</a></p>&mdash; Pro Football Focus (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/967123655712002049?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 23, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:(

The Franchise 02-23-2018 02:51 PM

Did OH use to be ChiefsandO'sfan?

wazu 02-23-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13432707)
Regardless of the specifics, it's hard to imagine looking back in 5 years and determining that this was a good mood for the Chiefs unless your assumption is that his production is going to drop off dramatically in the coming years. Lock down corners are a pretty rare beast in today's NFL.

You’ve got an out of control maniac who was kicked from his college team and after establishing himself in NFL returned to form as a drama-filled primadonna. He’s raging in game and at coaches. And he’s headed for a big payday.

The Chiefs get 3 great years from him on a rookie contract, then flip him for a NEW first rounder plus, and free up more cap space while doing it. I see all kinds of ways this could turn out to be a great move.

oaklandhater 02-23-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13432729)
Did OH use to be ChiefsandO'sfan?

There is only one OH :)

TwistedChief 02-23-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13432724)
But what if its true that he hated being here and had no intention of re-signing after next year?

What if he pouted and sulked his way through 2018, and was generally a huge distraction?... jeez man, I expected you to be more coolheaded about this

If it's true that the guy asked to be traded, and if we didn't trade him, I think his pouting and sulking might be the least of our issues.

The typical reply to this would be, "The guy isn't an idiot. He's not going to sabotage his career just because he didn't get what he wants (i.e., a trade)."

But this is Marcus Peters. And he doesn't deserve to get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to assumptions of rational behavior.

Kiimo 02-23-2018 02:54 PM

You guys the ONLY reason KK is saying Houston will be traded is because he's doubling down on his Berry/Peters/Houston not showing up for voluntary workouts hot takes. He doesn't' even talk about dead money because he doesn't understand the cap at all, he even admitted it.

He's the worst kind of fan, he gets emotionally attached to players and emotionally against players. In short, he's dumb. Listen to Soren Petro for a little sanity.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-23-2018 02:54 PM

If all of the reports are true, as hard as it is, this was the only move to make.

It doesn’t matter how good someone is at something, if they are begging to leave, won’t stay when their contract is up, and are constantly causing issues behind closed doors... you’re going to fire them, or trade them in this case.

At first glance, I HATED this. And honestly, I don’t think we will get his true worth in return based on talent. But the guy forced their hand it sounds like.

wazu 02-23-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13432733)
You guys the ONLY reason KK is saying Houston will be traded is because he's doubling down on his Berry/Peters/Houston not showing up for voluntary workouts hot takes. He doesn't' even talk about dead money because he doesn't understand the cap at all, he even admitted it.

He's the worst kind of fan, he gets emotionally attached to players and emotionally against players. In short, he's dumb. Listen to Soren Petro for a little sanity.

Petro says we won’t get much more than a 3rd rounder in this trade.

New World Order 02-23-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13432735)
If all of the reports are true, as hard as it is, this was the only move to make.

It doesn’t matter how good someone is at something, if they are begging to leave, won’t stay when their contract is up, and are constantly causing issues behind closed doors... you’re going to fire them, or trade them in this case.

At first glance, I HATED this. And honestly, I don’t think we will get his true worth in return based on talent. But the guy forced their hand it sounds like.

Completely agree

Tribal Warfare 02-23-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13432732)
If it's true that the guy asked to be traded, and if we didn't trade him, I think his pouting and sulking might be the least of our issues.

The typical reply to this would be, "The guy isn't an idiot. He's not going to sabotage his career just because he didn't get what he wants (i.e., a trade)."

But this is Marcus Peters. And he doesn't deserve to get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to assumptions of rational behavior.

Everyone actively ignores that Peters was kicked out the UW football program for his antics.

Molitoth 02-23-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13432724)
But what if its true that he hated being here and had no intention of re-signing after next year?

What if he pouted and sulked his way through 2018, and was generally a huge distraction?... jeez man, I expected you to be more coolheaded about this

Fair points, although everything at this point seems to be conflicting rumors.

If he hates it here, it's because the fanbase turned on him over the Anthem shit. This town LOVED Peters before the kneeling, and his Chiefs career post has gone to shit with half the fanbase.

So yeah, I can see why he would hate it here.

Kiimo 02-23-2018 02:56 PM

USUALLY listen to Soren Petro for sanity

Iowanian 02-23-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Peters was like a super hot wife who spends your money, cheats on you and tries to stab you when she's drunk. You pretend things are ok and the people who didn't see it are surprised when you finally divorce her. The guy that's ****ing her now thinks she's awesome, but she hasn't found his liquor cabinet yet.

Molitoth 02-23-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13432740)
USUALLY listen to Soren Petro for sanity

SSJ and Jake bring sanity.

TwistedChief 02-23-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Completely the same initial reaction and evolution in thought.